• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UFC 66

Grizo406 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Grizo, who do you like in the Couture vs Tim Sylvia brawl? I don't know enough about T Sylvia, and I love Couture, so...I am going with Couture (even though I confess to being ignorant about T Sylvia).

I'm going with "The Natural" in this one, IG. He's held the Heavyweight belt twice, and beat Vitor Belfort in 1997. That's a long time ago, but at the time, Belfort was considered as unbeatable as Liddell is today.

I think Randy's got a little somthin', somethin' left in the tank, and I believe he'll use it for a win against Sylvia.

Although Sylvia trains with Pat Miletich, and is something like 23-2, I think its been nothing but luck, and some mediocre talent that's caused him to have the Heavyweight belt, and such an impressive record.

He got lucky, both times against Arlovski, and if he ever steps into the octagon with Cro-Cop, he'll get knocked out inside of two rounds.

Is this match actually going to come off? It appears that Couture is going to be a bit busy making a bunch of Joe Schmuckatelli's join the "Quick Tap Club," as Couture so succinctly put it in the Pros vs. Joes commercial.

I still don't understand why he's doing this. I thought that other than Jennie Finch, the show was for washed up people like Romanowski and Darren Daulton. Surely Couture is too young to fit into that category....

Back