• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana scrimmage sets FCS spring attendance mark

UofMGrizFan

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/04/18/montana-scrimmage-sets-fcs-spring-attendance-mark/

Montana scrimmage sets FCS spring attendance mark

Missoula, MT – The University of Montana's spring football game last Saturday set a Football Championship Subdivision attendance record with 8,731 fans, the Big Sky Conference school announced Wednesday.

The 92-play scrimmage was played under the new lights at Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

The Grizzly Scholarship Association raised about $50,000 through the scrimmage, with all of the proceeds going toward UM's Athletic Facility Improvement Project.

The scrimmage showcased interim head coach Mick Delaney, who has replaced Robin Pflugrad after the university's recent investigation into alleged sexual assaults off campus, some involving football players.

And we had more in attendance than what almost the rest of the conference averaged during the regular season.

I'd reserached this in the past and the best I could find was actually 5000 - which was set last year... in Billings, so we broke our own record, lol.

I also found this interesting: http://thegazette.com/2012/04/15/390191/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Griz drew more fans to their spring game than Vandy, Illinois, Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa St, Virgina, Wake, Colorado, Stanford, Arizona, Pitt, ECU, Ark St, Houston, BYU, and more

It was also one of the largest witch hunts ever assembled outside of Salem circa 1690's

Great job on setting the attendance mark. Looks like you guys could add 10-20k seats and still fill it up. We're really looking forward to being a part of that atmosphere.

If any of you ever get the chance to head south, I highly suggest visiting Tuscaloosa in the fall. It's a cool town and we take our football pretty serious.

In 2011 we had 92,310 fans for our spring scrimmage.
Alabama%2BSpring%2BGame%2B-bGsYBf1mmnl.jpg

aerial-bryant-denny-stadium.jpg

BWahlberg said:
I also found this interesting: http://thegazette.com/2012/04/15/390191/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Griz drew more fans to their spring game than Vandy, Illinois, Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa St, Virgina, Wake, Colorado, Stanford, Arizona, Pitt, ECU, Ark St, Houston, BYU, and more

Yeah, there you go again with another thinly-veiled suggestion that we should "move up." :dead:
You know how I hate that subject.

(BTW,the Denver RE market has really heated up since moving here in August. Homes are on the market an average of 33 days, second best after Oakland's 28...Oakland!?)

Silvertip said:
BWahlberg said:

Yeah, there you go again with another thinly-veiled suggestion that we should "move up." :dead:
You know how I hate that subject.

(BTW,the Denver RE market has really heated up since moving here in August. Homes are on the market an average of 33 days, second best after Oakland's 28...Oakland!?)

lol, yeah no move-up suggestion from this guy.

On the other hand I've just recently heard about Denver's market going nuts as well, people parked down the street waiting "in lines" to look at houses, etc - pretty wild.

I was in Denver last week and I know why people want to move there. That city is amazing.

BDizzle said:
I was in Denver last week and I know why people want to move there. That city is amazing.

Anyone want a house in the Denver (South Aurora) area? I have one for you. Just pay off the balance to the bank, not looking for profit on it, just open up my options, and finances to get back to Montana. :thumb:

i would like to start out by saying i have a lot of respect for the tradition of grizzlie football and what has it accomplished in the last 20 years or so, but for some o the people who constantly bang on other teams fan bases just think if you had a pac 12 or a mwc team within a hour or two of missoula do you really think you would get half the people you do? i would imagine other than you and msu that fan bases in other states have better options then big sky conf. games to attend on a saturday afternoon.

braves84 said:
i would like to start out by saying i have a lot of respect for the tradition of grizzlie football and what has it accomplished in the last 20 years or so, but for some o the people who constantly bang on other teams fan bases just think if you had a pac 12 or a mwc team within a hour or two of missoula do you really think you would get half the people you do? i would imagine other than you and msu that fan bases in other states have better options then big sky conf. games to attend on a saturday afternoon.

Sorry, but the “if you guys had something bigger that was close” argument has been beat to death over and over and over and over again, and is a horse-shit cop-out. No offense.

braves84 said:
You do know that Missoula is closer to Pullman WA than Billings MT, right

Raider said:
braves84 said:

Sorry, but the “if you guys had something bigger that was close” argument has been beat to death over and over and over and over again, and is a horse-shit cop-out. No offense.

The only thing close to us that is "bigger and better" would be the Green Bay Packers home games. And "YES" we are represented there as well! :mrgreen:

Grizbeer said:
You do know that Missoula is closer to Pullman WA than Billings MT, right

Closer as the crow flies, yes, but the drive time is about the same, or maybe even longer to Pullman. That fricking Palouse! :)

mtgrizrule said:
BDizzle said:

Anyone want a house in the Denver (South Aurora) area? I have one for you. Just pay off the balance to the bank, not looking for profit on it, just open up my options, and finances to get back to Montana. :thumb:

I've got the same offer on the table for a house in Phoenix. :lol:

No takers. :evil: :evil: :evil:

braves84: We live in Montana for a reason. And it's not football. But we like the Grizzly niche, so head over to Minneapolis (or wherever) if you don't get it. Please.

Back