• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana scrimmage sets FCS spring attendance mark

Quick question, with the success of this scrimmage shouldn't the Spring Scrimmage be held in Missoula every year? 8700(+) attendees, a packed GSA tailgate and $50,000(+)profit seems like a no brainer.

Back to the OP. Hadn't seen the attendance number for MSU's spring scrimmage held last Saturday so I looked it up in the Chronicle. Several hundred...wow, number sounds a little high.

The Montana State football team performed in front of several hundred fans at the Sonny Holland Classic spring game

stargriz said:
Back to the OP. Hadn't seen the attendance number for MSU's spring scrimmage held last Saturday so I looked it up in the Chronicle. Several hundred...wow, number sounds a little high.

The Montana State football team performed in front of several hundred fans at the Sonny Holland Classic spring game

:lol: they've "turned the corner" and are now in the hundreds.

stargriz said:

I thought their spring game was tomorrow in Great Falls? Thats what the news said. Jim Kelly is the speaker at their banquet tonight in GF.

Hammer said:
stargriz said:

I thought their spring game was tomorrow in Great Falls? Thats what the news said. Jim Kelly is the speaker at their banquet tonight in GF.
MSU's Sonny Holland Classic in Bozeman last Saturday is their big home, spring scrimmage that compares to the Griz event on the same day. The Great Falls deal is an exhibition I think organized by what fans they have there.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/article_e20c7d1e-8698-11e1-9a67-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UofMGrizFan said:
Quick question, with the success of this scrimmage shouldn't the Spring Scrimmage be held in Missoula every year? 8700(+) attendees, a packed GSA tailgate and $50,000(+)profit seems like a no brainer.

I don't think so. It's great for recruits and parents around the state to see Grizzly football cares enough to go to a town near them. It's great long-term PR, despite the dollar payoff and attendance being lower.

Latest posts

Back