• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Uniforms for 2015 Season

KILO217

I heard the Griz will have uniforms in the old traditional colors next season and I also heard UM is just marketing the traditional colors but the uniforms will still be in the maroon and silver colors. Does anyone know the answer?

For the love of God please leave the colors alone. Maroon/Silver >>>> Copper(actually brown)/Gold(actually yellow).

The traditional colors are gawdawful ugly. I don't care that the 1st NC was won by a team wearing them. Ok, sell them, but wear maroon & silver on the field. Much classier. Also, stop w/ the black as an accent. Maybe a touch of gold as accent instead of black, to put some traditional back into the scheme, if traditional is that important. :geek:

Youngsters forget that the original colors are maroon and silver. Burnt orange and baby sh!t yellow were transitional colors just like the playing field at Higgens and South was a transitional playing site after the admin stole the historic Dornblaser Stadium for the new university center. Such was the priority of football at UM in the 60's.

Still have never personally bought anything Martin and silver. Marketing ploy for half ass fans. That's why they wore when I became a fan and that's all I care about. It's not about what you wear it's how they perform and if they want to honor 20 years since the title then so be it. The worst thin they did was going to the pewter helmet you can't read the script on.

The only true fans are those who wear dad jeans with mustard and Texas Orange tops so worn that you can't tell what school they rep.
:roll:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway..... I'm pretty sure they'll make any uniform look good if they win in 'em.

Grizthree.png

Grizone.png
Griztwo.png

I personally love the current trend in multi-combo uni/helmet/facemask looks that recruits & todays players die for! Its all about marketing your brand & recruiting well normally follows. With that stated, I am hopeful that we keep the current style of uniforms (small griz paw on outer shoulder)...our multi-decal helmets also provide a fresh look at a great price point (thanks Pflu!)

but I am one of the people that would like to ADD a set of basic black ones to combine with the Maroon & White OR even better would be a stronger presence of SILVER like the old AFL raider road unis below with the Maroon trim around the numbers instead of the black!

Hostetler+throwback.jpg

Call it a christmas morning wish list if you would! The current look is not that far away from what is shown above & has been well received for the most part. Merry Christmas.

The GRiz aren't changing uniforms this season. There may be a throwback day, but I sincerely doubt it. It's a super expensive undertaking, and right now, everything is being geared towards the Champions Center project. The 1995 team will be honored during the NAU game. If there was a throwback day, that would be the one. But as far as regular uniforms go, the Griz will be in the same home uniforms as this past season. Maroon/Silver and all Maroon combos, as well as black pants thrown in. The combos are left up to the captains.

kemajic said:
Youngsters forget that the original colors are maroon and silver. Burnt orange and baby sh!t yellow were transitional colors just like the playing field at Higgens and South was a transitional playing site after the admin stole the historic Dornblaser Stadium for the new university center. Such was the priority of football at UM in the 60's.

I understood the old field was torn up primarily in order to make room for the Mansfield Library. How outrageous for a University to think a Library was more central to its mission than a (very bad) football field! :lol:

srgrizizen said:
kemajic said:
Youngsters forget that the original colors are maroon and silver. Burnt orange and baby sh!t yellow were transitional colors just like the playing field at Higgins and South was a transitional playing site after the admin stole the historic Dornblaser Stadium for the new university center. Such was the priority of football at UM in the 60's.

I understood the old field was torn up primarily in order to make room for the Mansfield Library. How outrageous for a University to think a Library was more central to its mission than a (very bad) football field! :lol:
You came across a bad piece of propaganda. Resting on the Dornblaser site is the University Center, the James E. Todd building and two parking lots. It was not necessary to destroy the football program for the library; the real sin was that the temporary playing field was used for 25 years.

While Dornblaser was past its born on date, it was still the choice for Interscholastic Track meets in the 60's. It was far superior to the half-a$$ed thing on Higgins and South. The AD was the big loser in that deal.

New coach. New season. New traditions. Let's see new colors.

That way we can discuss old traditional colors, new traditional colors, old colors, new colors...and current colors.

I vote for teal, neon green, and chartreuse orange. Why? That way the opponent can see us before they get clocked with our defense, or say bye bye as we blow by them on offense.

Yep...new colors is the only way.

kemajic said:

Higgins.

UM is only bringing the old colors back in a line of merchandise to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first national championship. Fans can buy them if they want. Nothing else will change.

UM brings back copper and gold to celebrate championship anniversary
(November 22, 2014 )
http://missoulian.com/news/local/um-brings-back-copper-and-gold-to-celebrate-championship-anniversary/article_f51eea22-7196-11e4-962f-939d6997a383.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The classic copper, gold and silver colors are making a one-year comeback at the University of Montana.

On Friday, UM released a limited-edition retail line featuring its official school colors of copper, gold and silver. The line, called Montana Tradition, includes clothing and several select non-apparel items.

The fall of 2015 will mark 20 years since the university retired the traditional school colors for its current spirit colors of maroon and silver. The change happened in 1995 after the Grizzlies beat Marshall University to win their first NCAA Division I-AA football championship.

Team uniforms and school merchandise became maroon and silver in 1996, and the university has continued to use the spirit colors since then.

“When you see maroon and silver, you think UM, and that’s not going to change,” said UM President Royce Engstrom. “At the same time, we know UM has many die-hard Griz fans who love our traditional colors. We are pleased to be able to celebrate the upcoming 20-year anniversary of the ’95 championship with a limited-edition line.”

. . .

Guy posted these on Sportslogos.net and personally I like them. I came up with a concept very similar and he based his off mine.

rkVrHjt.png

dupuyer griz said:
Still have never personally bought anything Martin and silver. Marketing ploy for half ass fans. That's why they wore when I became a fan and that's all I care about. It's not about what you wear it's how they perform and if they want to honor 20 years since the title then so be it. The worst thin they did was going to the pewter helmet you can't read the script on.

I am concerned about Griz fans that need to read the script on the helmet. I am usually pretty drunk for the games and even I can tell which team to cheer for. :lol:

Are some of you like " oh wait, just read the script! So that's who I am suppose to be cheering for!!!"

Back