Who calls the offensive plays?

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Post Reply
User avatar
greasewood
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:03 am

Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by greasewood » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Rosenbach, right? How long is Bobby going to keep him around if he continues to call a qb sneak or a handoff to the running back on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 & can't make 1 f^*#ing yard? Maybe he should realize he's got a young unexperienced O line & he should use some imagination & call a play that may work. He's done this 3 games in a row & failed. We didn't lose because of a punt return for a TD, we lost because we didn't convert 2 4th & 1's.

grizindabox
eGriz Club
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by grizindabox » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Who wears the pants in your household?

User avatar
greasewood
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by greasewood » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:36 pm

We don't wear pants.

grizindabox
eGriz Club
Posts: 13330
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by grizindabox » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:37 pm

My bad.

User avatar
Buttegrizzle
eGriz Club
Posts: 2157
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by Buttegrizzle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Ok. I’m gonna throw this out there. I’ll Prolly get barbecued by someone who played the game but...Stitt, or his OC did one thing I really liked. Lacking a dominate, bulldozing o-line, he stuck a D tackle in as a fullback or as “tight end” to create an actual heavy jumbo package on 4th and 1. Seemed to work. Maybe worth a try cause we really have not looked good at 3rd and short or 4th and short all season.
Fat people are harder to kidnap.

User avatar
uofmman1122
eGriz Club
Posts: 3456
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:13 pm
Location: Missoula

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by uofmman1122 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:31 pm

Buttegrizzle wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:23 pm
Ok. I’m gonna throw this out there. I’ll Prolly get barbecued by someone who played the game but...Stitt, or his OC did one thing I really liked. Lacking a dominate, bulldozing o-line, he stuck a D tackle in as a fullback or as “tight end” to create an actual heavy jumbo package on 4th and 1. Seemed to work. Maybe worth a try cause we really have not looked good at 3rd and short or 4th and short all season.
Outside of the Counts run, I don’t remember that formation having a lot of success.

PlayerRep
Posts: 22112
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:25 am

greasewood wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:29 pm
Rosenbach, right? How long is Bobby going to keep him around if he continues to call a qb sneak or a handoff to the running back on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 & can't make 1 f^*#ing yard? Maybe he should realize he's got a young unexperienced O line & he should use some imagination & call a play that may work. He's done this 3 games in a row & failed. We didn't lose because of a punt return for a TD, we lost because we didn't convert 2 4th & 1's.
Were there any QB sneaks today? If so, I missed them.

User avatar
debellatio
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by debellatio » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:29 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:25 am
greasewood wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:29 pm
Rosenbach, right? How long is Bobby going to keep him around if he continues to call a qb sneak or a handoff to the running back on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 & can't make 1 f^*#ing yard? Maybe he should realize he's got a young unexperienced O line & he should use some imagination & call a play that may work. He's done this 3 games in a row & failed. We didn't lose because of a punt return for a TD, we lost because we didn't convert 2 4th & 1's.
Were there any QB sneaks today? If so, I missed them.
If you played th game...no... 🦅

User avatar
signedbewildered
eGriz Club
Posts: 4687
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: South of The Zoo

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by signedbewildered » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:08 pm

greasewood wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:29 pm
Rosenbach, right? How long is Bobby going to keep him around if he continues to call a qb sneak or a handoff to the running back on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 & can't make 1 f^*#ing yard? Maybe he should realize he's got a young unexperienced O line & he should use some imagination & call a play that may work. He's done this 3 games in a row & failed. We didn't lose because of a punt return for a TD, we lost because we didn't convert 2 4th & 1's.
Well kind of but I don't know that is THE reason we lost.

We lost because we the other team had four more points than us.

nzone
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by nzone » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:42 pm

The play calls may be questionable but the execution is worse. This team needs to periodically be able to pick up 1 yard at critical times. Good grief.... :|

Go Griz!

User avatar
mtgriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 2493
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:57 pm
Location: Helena

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by mtgriz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Heavy sets work when you are at least holding your own on the line of scrimmage. When you’re getting defensive penetration almost every play, all a heavy set does is clog things up more.

Ursus1
eGriz Club
Posts: 3856
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:57 am

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by Ursus1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Whoever called the 4th and 1 play must not watch the oline very often

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 21968
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who calls the offensive plays?

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:04 pm

signedbewildered wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:08 pm
greasewood wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:29 pm
Rosenbach, right? How long is Bobby going to keep him around if he continues to call a qb sneak or a handoff to the running back on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 & can't make 1 f^*#ing yard? Maybe he should realize he's got a young unexperienced O line & he should use some imagination & call a play that may work. He's done this 3 games in a row & failed. We didn't lose because of a punt return for a TD, we lost because we didn't convert 2 4th & 1's.
Well kind of but I don't know that is THE reason we lost.

We lost because we the other team had four more points than us.
And they had four more points than us because we couldnt convert a 4th & 6” on the 3 yard line, thus eliminating the eventual winning TD.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

Post Reply