• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Prospects for NFL Draft

They went to the National Championship game but you are bothered that they are not good? I think your standards might be a tad high.
No offense intended, and not being a DD, but... the playoff level of competition in the FCS has seriously declined following the departure of JMU, GSU, UMass, SHSU, and App State.

Really ... tell that to SDSU, NDSU, Idaho, MSU, Sac State, ICW, USD,UND...
Six of these things are not like the others,
Six of these things just don’t belong,
Can you tell which of these things are not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which six things were not like the others?
Did you guess which six things just didn’t belong?
If you guessed Idaho, MSU, Sac State, Incarnate Word, South Dakota, and North Dakota are not like the others,
Then you're absolutely...right!

Six of these things are not like the others,
Six of these things just don’t belong,
Can you tell which of these things are not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which six things were not like the others?
Did you guess which six things just didn’t belong?
If you guessed Idaho, MSU, Sac State, Incarnate Word, South Dakota, and North Dakota are not like the others,
Then you're absolutely...right!
Sorry ... don't agree with you logic. Level of completion is about the same. Agree that losing App State, JMU et. al. is disappointing but their level of play wasn't any better because they were going to move up...their level of play has now been change by moving up. FCS players and teams are just aligned differently ...

No offense intended, and not being a DD, but... the playoff level of competition in the FCS has seriously declined following the departure of JMU, GSU, UMass, SHSU, and App State.
UMass and SHSU couldn't compete well in the FCS playoffs even now at their FBS level. SDS and NDSU are right up there with JMU, GSU and ASU, at their best in the old days. In my view.

So far, not much from the FCS ... just the big guy from Yale. Those who predicted that one or more SDSU guys would go "on the second day" (2nd or 3rd round) will just have to wait.

Over at the Analyst (STATS.com), Haley's projected top pick is Kiran Amegadjie, the big guy from Yale.

https://theanalyst.com/na/2024/04/fcs-prospects-in-2024-nfl-draft/

He was right. Kiran Amegadjie was taken in the third. Jalyx Hunt also went in the third who is apparently the first person to ever be drafted from Houston Christian. He was number two on Haley's list. It remains to be seen how correct he is on the rest of his picks.

On another note, Luke McCaffrey was the final pick of the third round which got me wondering how many McCaffrey boys are there anyway? Turns out he's the last one, of that generation anyway.

He [Haaley] was right. Kiran Amegadjie was taken in the third. Jalyx Hunt also went in the third who is apparently the first person to ever be drafted from Houston Christian. He was number two on Haley's list. It remains to be seen how correct he is on the rest of his picks.

On another note, Luke McCaffrey was the final pick of the third round which got me wondering how many McCaffrey boys are there anyway? Turns out he's the last one, of that generation anyway.
Don't know how we missed Hunt there toward the end. Pretty impressive, considering that Houston Christian only went 5-5 in the weak Southland Conference.

Haley predicted that Jalyx Hunt would be taken in the fourth round but he was actually taken in the third. Haley predicted that Mason McCormick would go in the 5th and he actually went in the 4th. Not sure if this means anything but I thought it was interesting that they were being taken earlier than predicted.

In the 6th round now. Hope Gubner’s numbers cause a team to take him here. Definitely worth it.
I really think that with his athleticism and the way he plays, he has a real home if a team takes a chance on him. All they gotta do is get him in camp. I've never felt more like a team is getting a Griz value player late than if someone takes Gubner.

He is also just a great guy and wonderful locker room dude. He will be a steal if he gets picked up.

In the 6th round now. Hope Gubner’s numbers cause a team to take him here. Definitely worth it.
Unfortunately I think Gubners lack of stats from last year hurt him. If he was playing on a 4-3 he'd have had a much better shot. This defense we got is not friendly to DL.

Gubner should haver been drafted by round 5 though. Seen a lot less impressive dts get drafted this year. Feel bad for him. Hard to stick on a roster when you don't get picked up by round 6.

Ex Cat Casey Bauman agrees to terms with the Chargers after transfering to D2 Augustana..... NFL guy who couldnt get on the field in Bozeman.

Latest posts

Back