• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Buttegrizzle said:
Yes Stanford was one I think. There will be some schools that overlook him now. He will be a great acquisition for a coach that keeps track of him. I haven't heard anything on Campbell yet.

What's his brother doing?

Buttegrizzle said:
Dallas is still at NDSCT for this season. Presumably will transfer to an FBS school for next year.
hope he gets his shot at d1 & assoc degree,, would like to see him at abt 245lbs-250lbs, in summer he told me he was fkn 270lbs, luvd how arie based his offense for him since day 1,

slickcoach2 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Dallas is still at NDSCT for this season. Presumably will transfer to an FBS school for next year.
hope he gets his shot at d1 & assoc degree,, would like to see him at abt 245lbs-250lbs, in summer he told me he was fkn 270lbs, luvd how arie based his offense for him since day 1,

English, please.

Payton, here is a new one from Billings Central to add to your list:

Jacob Hadley, WR, 6' 6", 205 lbs.

Don't believe he necessarily has sprinter speed but he is fast. Obviously he is a 6' 6" target, but primarily he is a VERY athletic kid and he has great hands. He pulled down four TD's last night in game at Dillon, two of which were big time highlight material.

FWIW, after the game the MT Western coach was waiting outside the locker room to be sure to be able to speak with him. Both MSU and UM coaches are already talking to him too. Rumor is the cats are very hot to trot to get him to commit right now (presumably before their embarrassing annual late season meltdown). We'll see how the season progresses but this kid is a player and would fit nicely into the Grizzly offense.

Grizzlies1982 said:
Payton, here is a new one from Billings Central to add to your list:

Jacob Hadley, WR, 6' 6", 205 lbs.

Don't believe he necessarily has sprinter speed but he is fast. Obviously he is a 6' 6" target, but primarily he is a VERY athletic kid and he has great hands. He pulled down four TD's last night in game at Dillon, two of which were big time highlight material.

FWIW, after the game the MT Western coach was waiting outside the locker room to be sure to be able to speak with him. Both MSU and UM coaches are already talking to him too. Rumor is the cats are very hot to trot to get him to commit right now (presumably before their embarrassing annual late season meltdown). We'll see how the season progresses but this kid is a player and would fit nicely into the Grizzly offense.
Agreed... added and will watch. Sounds like a HUGE target.

AZGrizFan said:
slickcoach2 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

English, please.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing

I think Cooks plan all along was to eventually sign with Leach and WSU because it's the same offense he ran in HS and JC. I have a feeling Leach might not be around next year.

Saw Dylan Cook chatting with Justin Green after the NAU game. I have no idea if it implies anything but that would be a really nice development if Cook was a Griz prospect. He knows how to throw to Daum!

Buttegrizzle said:
Saw Dylan Cook chatting with Justin Green after the NAU game. I have no idea if it implies anything but that would be a really nice development if Cook was a Griz prospect. He knows how to throw to Daum!

Green is the recruiting coordinator...would be reasonable to assume he is a prospect.

BN reporting that the Grizzlies/Stitt are not recruiting Montana kids from the Class of 2016 lol, and that it was a mistake by Stitt to offer five full rides to MT players from last year's class. Interesting lo.

havgrizfan said:
BN reporting that the Grizzlies/Stitt are not recruiting Montana kids from the Class of 2016 lol, and that it was a mistake by Stitt to offer five full rides to MT players from last year's class. Interesting lo.

Well if it is in print at Bobcat Nation it must be true. :(

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/video-payton-oreilly-pulls-off-impeccable-block-catch-and-run-act-on-special-teams-td

Payton O'Reilly with a little national press. I have no idea if he has interest in the Griz or not, but he's an impressive player. Personally, I think he's the best player on a very strong Bozeman High team. I'd really like for the Griz to offer and get the likes of Alec Nehring from Manhattan, Trase LeTexier from Boulder, and Jace Lewis from Townsend. How many slightly under-the-radar guys have proven that they deserve a shot? Chase Reynolds, Marc Mariani, Dan Carpenter, and Colt Anderson come to mind. Give them the chance to prove you right!

I mentioned how Butte High WR Paul Campbell, who was class AA 2nd team All-State last season (1 of only 2 non-seniors to make it that high), injured his knee in the first game this season...I learned he will be a preferred-walk-on for the Griz. :clap:

IntuitiveGriz said:
I mentioned how Butte High WR Paul Campbell, who was class AA 2nd team All-State last season (1 of only 2 non-seniors to make it that high), injured his knee in the first game this season...I learned he will be a preferred-walk-on for the Griz. :clap:
Proof?

IntuitiveGriz said:

Love it. Kudus to coaches keeping tabs on injured seniors.

Grizguyjj said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Proof?

I hope its true... need to wait until it his a news reporting agency or drafting site.

Early on in doing this, say 10 years ago, got burned by many people stating things...

So made it a policy to wait until type of proof above.

Hope you understand.

Paytonlives said:
Grizguyjj said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Proof?

I hope its true... need to wait until it his a news reporting agency or drafting site.

Early on in doing this, say 10 years ago, got burned by many people stating things...

So made it a policy to wait until type of proof above.

Hope you understand.

Paytonlives - I totally understand. :thumb:

Grizguyjj - I learned it from a former Griz. I won't drop a name. You'll just have to take my word for it. I have never posted bullsh!t on here before... :D

custer said:
There is a lot of talent in the smaller schools; probably the best kicker in the state is the kid out of Jefferson High (Boulder) Jered Padmos. Schools interested in him are Wyoming, msu. Don’t know if Griz are looking at a kicker for the 2016, because they pick a good one last winter. If we want to get the best players in the state for each position he would have be on the list.

Wyoming just signed a kicker out of colorado

Back