• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Recruiting Class

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
That really IS a disturbing revelation, ‘Bama. :? :?

I really thought the ‘18 class was gonna be special. Ganoung, Kanouse and Anderson looked like monsters and played like it too. Now, two of the three are gone before their senior seasons, and the one left is “competing for minutes”….disappointing…and there’s nobody on the list after them except maybe for Casey who has STAR written on them, let alone functional.

So just to clarify, you're saying Liam Brown, for example, is not even a "functional" lineman but Casey has "STAR" written on him? Specifics about their play that you have personally observed to create a stark contrast between their potential at this point in their respective careers would be helpful.

You know, for some reason I seem to skip past Liam Brown. :oops: :oops: I did it earlier in a different thread. My apologies, Mr. Brown….your son should be a good one if Germer doesn’t fuck him up.

AZGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:
So just to clarify, you're saying Liam Brown, for example, is not even a "functional" lineman but Casey has "STAR" written on him? Specifics about their play that you have personally observed to create a stark contrast between their potential at this point in their respective careers would be helpful.

You know, for some reason I seem to skip past Liam Brown. :oops: :oops: I did it earlier in a different thread. My apologies, Mr. Brown….your son should be a good one if Germer doesn’t [#]f### him up.

I can't speak for his parents, but I really like what I see from him, among others.

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
You know, for some reason I seem to skip past Liam Brown. :oops: :oops: I did it earlier in a different thread. My apologies, Mr. Brown….your son should be a good one if Germer doesn’t [#]f### him up.

I can't speak for his parents, but I really like what I see from him, among others.

Please elaborate on the others. Because even GoGriz.com (the official university website) doesn’t appear to be too high on any of them….what, exactly, are you seeing from others that would make you so confident in their progress/abilities?

AZGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:

Please elaborate on the others. Because even GoGriz.com (the official university website) doesn’t appear to be too high on any of them….what, exactly, are you seeing from others that would make you so confident in their progress/abilities?

I asked YOU to give specific reasons why you feel there are no serviceable lineman after Casey. But you instead suggest I'm the parent of a player and answer my question with a question. If gogriz is your resource for evaluating personel, I have no words, lol. Obviously oline is a question mark going into next year. I'll be at fall practices and perhaps give my thoughts then. Again, apologies for suggesting there might be other serviceble lineman. I'll leave you to beat your dead horse. Adios!

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I asked YOU to give specific reasons why you feel there are no serviceable lineman after Casey. But you instead suggest I'm the parent of a player and answer my question with a question. If gogriz is your resource for evaluating personel, I have no words, lol. Obviously oline is a question mark going into next year. I'll be at fall practices and perhaps give my thoughts then. Again, apologies for suggesting there might be other serviceble lineman. I'll leave you to beat your dead horse. Adios!

The comments next to each of the linemen in my original post came from GoGriz.com, not me. Those are not my assessments, but I do find them very telling. My general assessment stems from the fact that many of these guys have come and gone and NONE of those remaining have been able to break into the starting lineup, some after 4-5 years here, and many rarely see the field at all, necessitating dependence on a steady flow of transfer O-linemen.

And call it a dead horse all you want….it’s been a consistent problem for about the last 7-8 years, and there’s one common denominator. I’ll let you figure that one out.

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Relax Chad. It seems you are made of Teflon.

SoldierGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:

Yes, and apparently we’re down to “serviceable” now as our standard. :lol: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Yes, and apparently we’re down to “serviceable” now as our standard. :lol: :roll:

To be fair to the incoming O lineman, we just graduated 10 years worth of starting experience in 3 O lineman. We shouldn’t put a serviceable tag on players we haven’t seen play yet, which is Germers fault.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

To be fair to the incoming O lineman, we just graduated 10 years worth of starting experience in 3 O lineman. We shouldn’t put a serviceable tag on players we haven’t seen play yet, which is Germers fault.

10 years of starting experience….every single one a transfer except Beaver.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

And transfers are usually, not always, but usually better then the younger guys. That’s kinda why you bring transfers in. Three years ago the cupboard was full of guys that Hauck didn’t see as ready so the likes of Dylan Cook, Moses Mallory, and then later AJ Forbes and Hunter Mayginnes were brought in to join Colin Beaver. Now guys like Cody Kanouse, Kevin Good, Garrit Bloemendaal, Brandon Casey, Dillon Botner, Colin Dreis, and Liam Brown are hopefully more prepared and ready to start at the FCS level. I’m not saying these guys are definitely the guys. I’m just saying before us, the casual fan, labels them as serviceable with a laugh, maybe we should actually see them perform on the field first.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

And transfers are usually, not always, but usually better then the younger guys. That’s kinda why you bring transfers in. Three years ago the cupboard was full of guys that Hauck didn’t see as ready so the likes of Dylan Cook, Moses Mallory, and then later AJ Forbes and Hunter Mayginnes were brought in to join Colin Beaver. Now guys like Cody Kanouse, Kevin Good, Garrit Bloemendaal, Brandon Casey, Dillon Botner, Colin Dreis, and Liam Brown are hopefully more prepared and ready to start at the FCS level. I’m not saying these guys are definitely the guys. I’m just saying before us, the casual fan, labels them as serviceable with a laugh, maybe we should actually see them perform on the field first.

At the end of the day, all I want is an O-line that can get us to the chipper. I don’t care if it’s made up of unicorns, as long as they work well together and protect the QB/RB’s. This is Hauck’s 5th year as HC. No time like the present to show us casual fans what a great recruiter he is. And for Germer to show us how great he is at developing talent/projects.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

At the end of the day, all I want is an O-line that can get us to the chipper. I don’t care if it’s made up of unicorns, as long as they work well together and protect the QB/RB’s. This is Hauck’s 5th year as HC. No time like the present to show us casual fans what a great recruiter he is. And for Germer to show us how great he is at developing talent/projects.

I agree 100%, especially since in the present, it is a necessity.

SoldierGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:

Okay I'm Coach Germer now. Ten posts ago I was the father of a player. You changed my mind...the Griz are gonna suck next year!

it is routine - he has named me Chad Germer too.
Alaska Griz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Okay I'm Coach Germer now. Ten posts ago I was the father of a player. You changed my mind...the Griz are gonna suck next year!

hubcap said:
The list that AZGriz showed has (had) some potential. The problem is that Germer has zero clue on how to develop it. He spends no time on these kids. Unless you are one of his 5 starters, you don't get ANY development. And even those 5 starters, they spend all their time in executing the playbook, not improving their skills. It's a real problem. And you can't rest all the blame on him either. These kids have NO nutritional plan whatsoever. It is utterly amazing that the staff and program aren't more involved. I've seen NAIA programs with a better system in place.

I was hoping this had gotten better over the years, but apparently not. When I was back in school I was stunned at how the team ate.

Proud Griz Man said:
it is routine - he has named me Chad Germer too.
Alaska Griz said:

Never said the Griz were going to suck next year. But, yeah - those who continue to ride Germer's jock after all these years are now known as Chad.

Post some evidence on O-line development or excellence during Germer's tenure to change my mind.

I've been on this rant for 4 or 5 years now...something needs to change, and that something is Chad....but, not you Chad and Chad.

Back