• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2021-22 University of Montana Mens Basketball Recruiting

Assuming the Griz still have one scholarship to give, are they looking for a transfer point guard? With the departure of Parker and Beasley, we seem to be a little thin at the point guard position.

tgreseth said:
GrizWhiz said:
Assuming the Griz still have one scholarship to give, are they looking for a transfer point guard? With the departure of Parker and Beasley, we seem to be a little thin at the point guard position.

https://www.collegebasketballtransf...uard-de-vion-harmon-is-in-the-transfer-portal

dream a little dream

Just over 2 assists per game, mid 30% from 3, already playing for 2 power 5 programs, and wanting to leave again???? I'm not really sure, would the guy be a positive or negative?

mtgrizrule said:
tgreseth said:

Just over 2 assists per game, mid 30% from 3, already playing for 2 power 5 programs, and wanting to leave again???? I'm not really sure, would the guy be a positive or negative?
a bit more traveled than Ahmad Rorie but a very similar stat line from when he was at Oregon: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/3134900/ahmaad-rorie

It's hard to say what devion might be for the Griz, but we all know the impact that Ahmad had on our team

He already used his one time transfer so he’d have to get a waiver. I’m not sure it’s worth taking the risk and the kid having to sit out a year. We need him next year.

Griz til I die said:
He already used his one time transfer so he’d have to get a waiver. I’m not sure it’s worth taking the risk and the kid having to sit out a year. We need him next year.

Agree.

Citzens of the MGB message board. Now that we have completed the full recruiting cycle for the 21-22 season, it is likely time to move onto a 22-23 recruiting thread.

I am in the process of creating a couple of different options for the 22-23 season that might include:

-- a webpage dedicated to updated information on Montana recruiting (potentially)
-- a similar thread as to years past (most likely)

The reason for considering using a dedicated site for it (I've got a site that I can use) that has the ability to present information and edit in a way that is a bit easier to edit and use for me. I haven't completed it and would beta it over the next few with a few people to see if they like a bit more. I would still likely use that same format on here, but it might be easier to compile the information on another site for viewing and use purposes.

You can let me know here what if anything you'd like to see in next years thread and presentation that might make the ensuing conversation and interaction beneficial for you and readers.

Thanks.

First of all Grizfan thank you for putting all this together. I love it. Second with braggs leaving does that open up one more spot for us?

Depends.

I think there are several scenarios at play:

1. There isn't as Anderson's scholarship counts against next years scholarship total. So he'd likely be the 13th scholarship for next year with Bragg leaving.
2. There aren't scholarships available with Bragg's departure and it could be used to put someone on scholarship that is a walk-on currently or would be a walk-on next year with Anderson's counting against next years total.
3. There is 1 scholarship remaining with Anderson's not counting and one is given to a walk-on.
4. There are 2 scholarships remaining with Anderson's not counting and Braggs's scholarship to grant either to walk ons or available HS players or transfers.

What happens now regardless is that players will sign the scholarship offer but not a NLI if they are a HS kid or JC transfer as the 21-22 recruiting for the 22-23 school year is essentially closed. UM added a number of players after May 1 last year as additions to the roster (Wetzel, Lawrence, Kreigmont and Solomon). I would suspect Travis isn't done as I don't think he has 15 rostered players for next year as Wetzel, Kreigmont have moved on. We might see 1 more walk-on minimum if Solomon was given a scholarship.

[media]https://twitter.com/Kaihguy/status/1546703307191635969?s=20&t=5GJMN3mUaf7wG28uV7QXaA[/media]

[media]https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/makaih-williams[/media]

Back