• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Recruiting- (11)Verbals- (15)Offers- (1) 2024 Vebal

Mousegriz said:
VimSince03 said:
Posted a time of 11.14 in the 100M as well as the best long jump in the state (22'6") his sophomore track season in 2021...at about 200 lbs. The explosiveness and speed translate to the football field where he plays QB and S for Great Falls High. Reed could really grow into any role at all three levels of a defense at either edge rusher, SAM/MIKE/WILL LB, or both safety spots. There's a reason why he's already getting full-ride interest plus an offer from Big 12 and PAC-12 schools.

Crazy he and his team garnered 1 (I think) first down and somewhere under 100 total yards in a playoff game vs. Sentinel this year. Taco Dowler hardly touched the ball a couple weeks later vs. Sentinel . I'd have expected both to make a couple plays totally on their own but they were truly and totally shut down. Zac Crews and "crew" were very good.

I have some thoughts on that game I haven't shared. Zac deserved most of the recognition he received for his performance in that game especially on offense. He grinded out 61 rushing yards at 2.5 YPC but he picked up so many huge conversions to keep the chains moving on the ground plus two touchdowns. Zac only threw 12 times and completed 8...but three were for touchdowns at big moments in the game. Offensively, it was just an overall clutch performance by Zac all night accounting for all 5 touchdowns. In Game 1 vs. Billings West, Sentinel's offense put up 326 yards as opposed to 278 in the title game but the major difference was how much better the defense played in the title game.

Defensively, Zac deserves credit for being part of the pressure applied to Billings West but Sentinel's defense as a whole was phenomenal in the title game. I actually thought BW did their best to take away Zac as much as they could but the result was other Sentinel players stepping up big time. Billings West's star QB Isaiah Claunch had his worst game of his career as the Spartan pass rush was vicious. The only true way to shut down a great passing game is consistent pressure and the Golden Bear O-line was turned around all night. Sentinel rolled a ton of coverage at Taco and the biggest surprise was Caden Dowler, Riley Bergeson, Max Kimball, and Max Murphy not taking advantage at all like they had all year. Billings West tried to get the ground game established but game script changed when they got behind early. The best defensive performance of that game was Charlie Kirgan who had a career game. The entire Spartan secondary (JJ Dolan, Connor McCarthy, Drew Klumph, Adam Jones, and Easton Leadbetter) deserved a ton of credit as they were completely in unison with their coverage packages. Chase Williams was great in the middle. You could just tell they were well-coached and prepared. In Game 1 vs. Billings West, Sentinel allowed 339 yards of offense with big games from Michael Deleon and Taco Dowler with Claunch passing for 239 yards. In the title game, West only had 135 offensive yards, Claunch threw for 36 yards, Dowler had one catch for 6, and Deleon was held to 3.6 yards a carry. One of the better defensive performances you'll see in a AA title game.

kemajic said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I've seen Harris play. What position, in college, does everyone project him to play?
Unlike you, not everyone has seen him play. What say you?

Thanks for asking. I am waiting to watch his Senior season...

But I will say this, he's a great athlete. As just a Soph, he took 2nd place in the Long Jump.

Sentinel held GF to zero first downs and had two yards of total offense-in a playoff game. Harris was not even noticeable on the field, on O or D. He is an impressive athlete, but I don't know that he is a QB. Seems very raw. Maybe more D? He is fun to watch in basketball also.

rwilliams said:
Sentinel held GF to zero first downs and had two yards of total offense-in a playoff game. Harris was not even noticeable on the field, on O or D. He is an impressive athlete, but I don't know that he is a QB. Seems very raw. Maybe more D? He is fun to watch in basketball also.

First team AA All State in 2021...as an ATH. Like you said, he's a raw talent at QB but he could be an impact player at so many other positions in college. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out this year.

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/jacoband74/status/1502470636353949700

I don’t understand. This kid has 7-8 FBS offers already and we’re just NOW offering him? I mean Christ, why bother at this point?

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:

I don’t understand. This kid has 7-8 FBS offers already and we’re just NOW offering him? I mean Christ, why bother at this point?

Typically we don’t offer until Spring of the junior year for whatever reason. However, we have offered some early so really has not made any sense on the timing. They no doubt knew about this kid for a while. Probably a good Coach Green question.

kemajic said:
PDXGrizzly said:
How about coming in and finishing what his dad started? I’d settle for that over prolific numbers.
Winning a NC would surpass anything his dad did.

Randy Moss (and his 4 TDs) is the only thing that prevented his dad from winning a NC. Brian Ah Yat threw for 335 yards (more than Marshall's Kresser) and played well in the chipper. Can't blame him.

Zirg said:
kemajic said:
Winning a NC would surpass anything his dad did.

Randy Moss (and his 4 TDs) is the only thing that prevented his dad from winning a NC. Brian Ah Yat threw for 335 yards (more than Marshall's Kresser) and played well in the chipper. Can't blame him.
I don't see anyone blaming him. Where did you get that?

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:

Vim had said this kid was definitely going FBS. Apparently he hadn’t talked with Sask yet.

Is this new news?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Want to thank <a href="https://twitter.com/GrizCoachGreen?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GrizCoachGreen</a> for the letter means a lot!!!! <a href="https://t.co/YVw5dYe1DZ">pic.twitter.com/YVw5dYe1DZ</a></p>— Brandon Romo (@Romo_235) <a href="https://twitter.com/Romo_235/status/1513660076833140741?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Griz Addict said:
AZGrizFan said:
:puke:

I mean, good for him, but…..Boston? ;)

Ew.... and to think he chose them over us... insulting.

I hope he enjoys the metropolitan east coast more than I did. I absolutely hated that region. Rude rude rude people a plenty.

mtgrizrule said:
Griz Addict said:
Ew.... and to think he chose them over us... insulting.

I hope he enjoys the metropolitan east coast more than I did. I absolutely hated that region. Rude rude rude people a plenty.

If I had to choose between spending 4 years in Boston or 4 years in San Diego…..gee…let me think…. :lol:

Back