• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL 2024-25 University of Montana Mens Basketball Recruiting

I may be the only Griz fan who thinks we could be better next year than this.
--Here's a link to our incoming Jaycee transfer, Jeremiah Dargan, whose team just won the California Junior College championship. He had a lousy shooting night in the championship game (he's a Griz, after all) but was still named to the All-tournament team:
--We bring in four-star recruit Tyler Thompson. How many four-star recruits do we get? And this is not your Father's era when it took time for a kid to mature into a capable player. These kids have played basketball year-round and in the one-and-done era are ready to contribute.
--Money be Money. Travis thinks he could be one of the best ever at Montana. We'd be in the Big Dance if he hadn't got hurt. No way he goes 12 minutes with only one field goal.
--We bring aboard redshirt Zack Davidson, a 6'8" power forward with great high school credentials.
--And while yes, we need more size, the cupboard is not completely bare with Sawyer and Blake Jones, and hopefully one big jaycee recruit.
--And then we can always hope for a surprise, a leap forward from Jaxon Nap or Rhett Reynolds. Rhett is a big and they always take time to develop.
Alas, same coach. Same offensive problems--that old snake in the garden that always jumps up to bite us at just the wrong time, for which DeCuire and this staff seem to have no answer.
--Maybe, an offensive coordinator? Are you listening Kent?
Optimism reigns supreme.

--Here's a link to our incoming Jaycee transfer, Jeremiah Dargan, whose team just won the California Junior College championship. He had a lousy shooting night in the championship game (he's a Griz, after all) but was still named to the All-tournament team:
--We bring in four-star recruit Tyler Thompson. How many four-star recruits do we get? And this is not your Father's era when it took time for a kid to mature into a capable player. These kids have played basketball year-round and in the one-and-done era are ready to contribute.
--Money be Money. Travis thinks he could be one of the best ever at Montana. We'd be in the Big Dance if he hadn't got hurt. No way he goes 12 minutes with only one field goal.
--We bring aboard redshirt Zack Davidson, a 6'8" power forward with great high school credentials.
--And while yes, we need more size, the cupboard is not completely bare with Sawyer and Blake Jones, and hopefully one big jaycee recruit.
--And then we can always hope for a surprise, a leap forward from Jaxon Nap or Rhett Reynolds. Rhett is a big and they always take time to develop.
Alas, same coach. Same offensive problems--that old snake in the garden that always jumps up to bite us at just the wrong time, for which DeCuire and this staff seem to have no answer.
Optimism reigns supreme.
I love your optimism, even though I don’t have it myself. We need at least two transfers to come in and be starters and we did not get great performances out of our 3 transfers last year. (Jones, G Williams, Sawyer). Sawyer was the best, and can be on offensive force, but was a liability on defense. Hopefully, I share your optimism once we fill up our roster. Go Griz!

Optimism reigns supreme.
I don’t rule out the possibility that we could be better next year, but it’s way too early to tell right now. A lot of questions need to be answered first.

- Is Whitney coming back? If he’s not, then who’s the PG? Money Williams could probably run the point but I think they’d prefer to play him off the ball. I’m not ready to hand the keys to Chase Henderson yet. He should have to come off the bench next year. I like some of the guards the Griz are pursuing so far. The NDSU kid would be a great addition

-We need big men. I like Sawyer and he will start next year, but we need at least one other guy. I’m not sold on Blake Jones. Didn’t see much that impressed me this year.

-I too like Tyler Thompson and think he could be good to great next year. What worries me is the way we’ve utilized guys like him in the past. I’ll remain hopeful that’s not an issue next year but we’ll see.

-Dargan is interesting. It’s been pretty hit and miss for us with juco guys. My heart says he’ll be good but my head is skeptical. These guys are always unpredictable.

-Decuire needs to build this team around Money Williams. He’s the future and the kids a star. With 5 graduating Seniors, this is gonna be a young team and Decuire needs to bring in some older guys with experience to compliment these guys.

We could be better or we could be worse, but we got a lot of work to do between now and November. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Grizfan-24. I updated to remove G Williams and Reynolds. I also added B Whitney as coaches are hoping he returns.

2024-25 ANTICIPATED ROSTER
ROSTER BY POSITION/YEAR

PG- Brandon Whitney (6’1”) Grad—Mission Hills, CA-S
PG- Chase Henderson (6'0") Sophomore--Des Moines, IA (Herbert Hoover)-S

SG- Money Williams (6'4'') Sophomore-- Oakland, CA (Oakland HS)-S
SG- Tyler Thompson (6'6'') Freshman- Fairfield, CA (Vanden HS)-S

CG- Connor Dick (6'4'' 190) Sophomore-- Missoula, MT (Hellgate HS)- WO
CG- Jeremiah Dargan (6'4'' 180) Junior-- Concord, CA (De La Salle HS/West Valley College (JC)- S

W- Jaxon Nap (6'7'' 205) Junior-- Renton, WA (Hazen HS)-S
W- Caden Bateman (6'7'' 200) RS Sophomore-- Missoula, MT (Big Sky HS)- WO
W- Blake Jones (6'9'' 195) Junior Australia (George Mason)-S

P- Zack Davidson (6'8'' 203) RS Freshman-- Santa Ana, CA (Mater Dei HS)-S
P- Te'Jon Sawyer (6'9'' 255) Senior- San Francisco, CA (CCSF/Cal Baptist/Salesian Prep)-S

4 scholarships remaining
5 open roster spots

*updated
2024-25 ANTICIPATED ROSTER
ROSTER BY POSITION/YEAR

PG- Brandon Whitney (6’1”) Grad—Mission Hills, CA-S
PG- Chase Henderson (6'0") Sophomore--Des Moines, IA (Herbert Hoover)-S

SG- Money Williams (6'4'') Sophomore-- Oakland, CA (Oakland HS)-S
SG- Tyler Thompson (6'6'') Freshman- Fairfield, CA (Vanden HS)-S
SG- Austin Patterson (6’3”) Grad- Sonora, California-(Wofford, Sac State) S
SG- Malik Moore (6’5”) Junior- Ventura, California-(Pepperdine) S

CG- Connor Dick (6'4'' 190) Sophomore-- Missoula, MT (Hellgate HS)- WO
CG- Jeremiah Dargan (6'4'' 180) Junior-- Concord, CA (De La Salle HS/West Valley College (JC)- S
CG Kai Johnson (6’4” 190) Senior- Olympia, Washington-(Western Washington D2)S

W- Blake Jones (6'9'' 195) Junior Australia (George Mason)-S

P- Zack Davidson (6'8'' 203) RS Freshman-- Santa Ana, CA (Mater Dei HS)-S
P- Te'Jon Sawyer (6'9'' 255) Senior- San Francisco, CA (CCSF/Cal Baptist/Salesian Prep)-S

2 scholarships remaining
4 open roster spots

Optimism reigns supreme.
Well we got the surprise alright. Both Nap and Reynolds left!

Latest posts

Back