• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 Griz Recruiting (18) Verbals (15) Offers

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/lukeflowwers/status/1642914632326352898?s=46&t=dc8-GgsunrC6LlIKD26SmQ

SOME Highlights
https://access.qwikcut.com/highlights/637bed21325d6eb4815cfb6d

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes, because we have no players on our roster who received offers from the likes of CSU, Nevada and AF.

If he only had an offer from CSU or Nevada or Air Force or Oregon St., but when I kid has multiple offers like this, odds are slim to none.
Part of recruiting nowadays is building relations for when these kids hit the transfer portal too. In a year or 2 when this kid isn’t getting his PT and Oregon St or wherever and decides to go and hit the portal, Montana can offer again and possibly be a great opportunity for him to get PT right away. Case in point is our new QB.

alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
If he only had an offer from CSU or Nevada or Air Force or Oregon St., but when I kid has multiple offers like this, odds are slim to none.
Part of recruiting nowadays is building relations for when these kids hit the transfer portal too. In a year or 2 when this kid isn’t getting his PT and Oregon St or wherever and decides to go and hit the portal, Montana can offer again and possibly be a great opportunity for him to get PT right away. Case in point is our new QB.

well I disagree with HHB's premise from the start. Our previous roster(s) are littered with individuals who had multiple FBS offers (particularly G5 offers).

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

well I disagree with HHB's premise from the start. Our previous roster(s) are littered with individuals who had multiple FBS offers (particularly G5 offers).

That came to UM straight out of high school? You might hit one here and there, but it is far from the norm.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

That came to UM straight out of high school? You might hit one here and there, but it is far from the norm.

Doesn't mean we can't compete for them. And do. And win occasionally. Never said it was the norm.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Doesn't mean we can't compete for them. And do. And win occasionally. Never said it was the norm.

You catch zero fish if you never throw a hook in the water.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Yeah, exactly what I thought, not many examples of a high school kid choosing UM over 4 or more FBS offers.

Back