• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz 2024 WBB Transfer Portal

Ally Vantimmeren, a 6-2 F from Boston College, is in the portal. Montana offered her younger sister in September. She has two years of eligibility left.

Wow. Big deal. I thought she had the "highest ceiling" (pun, no pun. all of the above) of any Big Sky post. I suppose she's getting heavily recruited by larger programs.

Irune Orio also in from Sac State. 6-2 freshman guard averaged 9.4 PPG and 3.8 RPG.

What looked like a promising young team in Sacramento is falling apart.

Macy Huard has her best game as a LG against a quality MWC team, and then exits the program via the portal.

What a weird world we live in.

Macy Huard has her best game as a LG against a quality MWC team, and then exits the program via the portal.

What a weird world we live in.
Any idea why? Given her rise up the depth chart, i thought it would be her sister looking to go. Must have opened some eyes with her play and someone reached out to her. Guess she will not be playing against NDSU

Hannah Simental from No Colorado enters the portal.
Hannah's sister was Director of Basketball Operations at UM last season. She mysteriously disappeared from that role without explanation. I suspect that may color Hannah's consideration of a transfer to UM.

Hannah's sister was Director of Basketball Operations at UM last season. She mysteriously disappeared from that role without explanation. I suspect that may color Hannah's consideration of a transfer to UM.
If I remember correctly, the sister had an opportunity to return to Oregon which was something she wanted. I don't think we would pursue Hannah anyway though. I have a feeling the staff are going to be hitting the transfer portal with some serious focus.

If I remember correctly, the sister had an opportunity to return to Oregon which was something she wanted. I don't think we would pursue Hannah anyway though. I have a feeling the staff are going to be hitting the transfer portal with some serious focus.
You do not remember correctly. That was Lisa O'Meara. Hailey Simental was from Colorado.

Looking at the roster (scholarship players) for next year:

PG - Konig, Donarski
SG - Stump, Wacker
SF - Bruno, Huard, Lincoln
PF - Bartsch, Waddington
C - Pirog, Greenslade

Obviously a few players can play multiple positions. Multiple players coming off major knee injuries (including mid-season for Stump and Greenslade), so who knows when they’ll be 100%.

Looking at what we need:
- Definitely a post player. Greenslade is very injury prone and Pirog hasn’t shown she’s capable of being the go-to post player yet.
- Maybe a shooter? Maybe a PG to replace Marxen (Sheffey from San Diego is really good)? Another big?

Of course we still have no idea who else will leave.

Back