• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Argument for Dumping halftime tailgating!

griz=fun said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz=fun said:
Been a season ticket holder for about 10 years. Don't think the crowd makes that much of a difference, or shouldn't. Plus it's not like the players know the halftime crowd won't be back. Certainly, at times, the NEZ is loud enough to cause penalties, but less than we want. Plus you gotta cater to the paying customers. Most of them, I would guess, wouldn't like the idea. Less attendance, etc. I probably wouldn't make the 10 hours of drive time in a weekend, every weekend, without a little tailgate time.

Being said, I should probably do a better job at pounding those beers faster at halftime and get back to my seats. I did this last weekend, because that game was insane.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You would seriously stop coming to games if you couldn't race back out to your cooler at halftime and chug two beers in 45 seconds and then race back to your seat??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I spend a TON of money to get back to one Griz game a year. The last thing I want to do is miss part of the game just to have another f***[*] beer and then fight the crowds back into the stadium.

Didn't say that. I go to all the home games, except maybe one when I'm doing a fundraiser thing. I just have to drive a ton every weekend when we are at home. Sometimes I go to the away games that are close (Pocatello,Cheney, etc.) Part of the fun for me is the tailgate. I get that it's important to be back in time for the bigger games. But when we are crushing a D2 team, do you think I could spend a few more minutes hanging with Missoula friends at the tailgate?

So much appreciated your reporting from the airport prior to the game. Laughing my ass off. Good stuff.

If we're up 38-0 on SFA (like in 2009), I fully get not being back in your seat at the start of the 3rd--drink to your heart's content. When we're down 28-21 (like we were this last weekend) I'll never understand it.

I can't believe, in all these years, that someone hasn't posted a thread about the mass exodus from the campus-wide cocktail party to go in and watch a football game! And then, just when we get started again, there is yet another mass exodus to watch even more football!!!!

AZGrizFan said:
griz=fun said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz=fun said:
Been a season ticket holder for about 10 years. Don't think the crowd makes that much of a difference, or shouldn't. Plus it's not like the players know the halftime crowd won't be back. Certainly, at times, the NEZ is loud enough to cause penalties, but less than we want. Plus you gotta cater to the paying customers. Most of them, I would guess, wouldn't like the idea. Less attendance, etc. I probably wouldn't make the 10 hours of drive time in a weekend, every weekend, without a little tailgate time.

Being said, I should probably do a better job at pounding those beers faster at halftime and get back to my seats. I did this last weekend, because that game was insane.

You would seriously stop coming to games if you couldn't race back out to your cooler at halftime and chug two beers in 45 seconds and then race back to your seat??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I spend a TON of money to get back to one Griz game a year. The last thing I want to do is miss part of the game just to have another f***[*] beer and then fight the crowds back into the stadium.

Didn't say that. I go to all the home games, except maybe one when I'm doing a fundraiser thing. I just have to drive a ton every weekend when we are at home. Sometimes I go to the away games that are close (Pocatello,Cheney, etc.) Part of the fun for me is the tailgate. I get that it's important to be back in time for the bigger games. But when we are crushing a D2 team, do you think I could spend a few more minutes hanging with Missoula friends at the tailgate?

So much appreciated your reporting from the airport prior to the game. Laughing my ass off. Good stuff.

If we're up 38-0 on SFA (like in 2009), I fully get not being back in your seat at the start of the 3rd--drink to your heart's content. When we're down 28-21 (like we were this last weekend) I'll never understand it.

Because many people are their for the spectacle, the socializing, the drinking and less so about the football....

mtgriz said:
I can't believe, in all these years, that someone hasn't posted a thread about the mass exodus from the campus-wide cocktail party to go in and watch a football game! And then, just when we get started again, there is yet another mass exodus to watch even more football!!!!
That is a great point. It is a little frustrating that you go to all that work to lay out a nice spread, often working on it all week, making last minute trips to the grocery store or liquor store to make everything perfect, then after only 2 - 3 hours people just bail on you. then come back a couple hours later for about 15 - 20 minutes and bail again.

I suppose the reason you never see anyone complain is the tailgaters are a more tolerant type, willing to live and let live, to each his own, etc. True american heros.

Catsrback76 said:
Weak. Here, try it again!

Little-Girl-Hit-With-Ball-in-Head.gif

Looks like a first time dad, He'll get it right with the next kid.

1. It's probably never going to change. 2. Even if it is 70-0 for the GRIZ at halftime, I'm in my seat to see it get to 77-0. 3. I like my beer, no wait, I LOVE my beer, but with 24 hours in the day, I can get my fill without extending the halftime. 4. Griz Nation includes the cheerleaders, squad, Monte and band. As a Griz grad, I like to show them I appreciate their time and effort to be part of game day. 5. If the NEZ can cause chaos for the other team as a whole, I need to be there as part of the NEZ team, even at 14:59 of the 3rd quarter. 6. I read all the reasons why you do not need to be in your seat to support Griz Nation when the 2nd half starts. It really gave me a pretty fair idea of how many votes Trump will get! Now there is some "new" fuel for many of you to light into in the next thread. Meanwhile, I'm going to go have a beer or two so that I will be fully fueled at Saturday's halftime. Have at it! :D :D

Catsrback76 said:
Darryl Dunphy said:
I think that the worst thing the University could do is to allow beer sales at the game. I own a bar and think this would be a horrible policy. Part of the joy of college games is that you don't have nearly as many drunk morons acting like drunk morons in the stands. Pro games are brutal anymore. People seem to care more about getting plastered than the game itself. Now I know that there are plenty of people that are well oiled at Griz games. Tons of people have bottles that they have snuck in, flasks, beers in their coats. Anyone that wants to get ripped is going to do so..I don't think the University needs to help accelerate the process anymore than it already does by allowing tailgating at halftime.

I don't get why people have such a hard time getting back to their seats before the second half starts. I think it is a bit strange that the priority is schnapps over the game..So i choose to hang out and watch the action. To each their own I suppose. To me the sale of beer would be a much bigger issue if it ever came up.

How about if we made Dunphy's the exclusive supplier at the games? Does that grease your wheel?

Not what I meant by mentioning I own a bar. I could care less if beer sales at WGS affected my sales(my bar is in Park County so it really doesn't apply) My point was that I am a bar guy, and I think the sale of beer at WGS would be a big mistake. The atmosphere at games here is great. Every now and then there is an idiot that can't handle his or her hooch. But for the most part people are having a good time, and they are respectful of other around them. Add beer sales to the crowd...And you can kiss that goodbye. I would hate to see that. It isn't worth it.

IMO.....

You're missing the point. People are going to drink, period. The only question is where they will drink. Why is drinking outside the stadium any better than drinking inside the stadium? I would venture that drinking outside the stadium only encourages more hard liquor.

Beer inside the stadium is the only compromise. In fact, it's the perfect compromise.

EverettGriz said:
I wonder how weather affects tailgating at halftime.

You're welcome, Raider.

Thank you! I was in a meeting and almost missed this.

As Griz fans, we don’t want to miss any opportunity to obsess about the weather.

Good catch my friend.

Entitled season ticket holders, seem to be the ones missing. Copper, silver, and gold seats cost extra bucks. Of course, the upper deck 'crowd' is pretty sparse. Check out the aluminum factor in these sections Saturday.

AZGrizFan said:
griz=fun said:

Exactly right, couldn't agree more. One game a year, I'll watch the band thanks.

AllWeatherFan said:
You're missing the point. People are going to drink, period. The only question is where they will drink. Why is drinking outside the stadium any better than drinking inside the stadium? I would venture that drinking outside the stadium only encourages more hard liquor.

Beer inside the stadium is the only compromise. In fact, it's the perfect compromise.

You are right that outside of the stadium encourages hard liquor drinking. Absolutley. But if you do not sell beer inside it forces most people to chill for a bit. If you sell beer, people who may hve over-served themselves outside of the stadium can just keep it rolling. Not so if there isn't booze to be had. Now I get that it is super easy to bring booze into WGS, it is a joke in fact that they even have a policy that you can't bring in outside containers. I know that most people can drink responsibly, even in Montana. But there is a large enough percentage of people who cannot. And it is enough that I think it would create a poor environment inside of the stadium on game day.

I don't think this will happen here, nor do I think the school will end haltime tailgating. But of the two, to me the sale of beer would be a much bigger issue.

IMO...

Latest posts

Back