• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Around the Big Sky

citygriz

Having confessed to a certain myopia about doings in the conference, I thought I'd atone with this thread.

Sac State is 4-0, playing at #21 Colorado tonight. Two impressive wins so far, one over UC Davis, but more especially at Pepperdine. The Peps just came within a last-second basket of beating Arizona, so they must be good. Quality win for Sac.

Last night on the Pac12 Network I caught the last half of the Sac State-Colorado game, Buffs ranked 21st in the country. Sac State lost 45-59, but the game was much closer than that. In fact, with about five minutes left, Sac State had three straight possessions to cut into what was then a seven point Colorado lead, but just couldn't get the buckets they needed. The final margin reflects late fouling.

Very impressed with Sac State; Colorado announcers were too. The Hornets are lean, quick, athletic, and very well coached. They will be a problem.

Thanks you for the kind words citay....I wasnt going to come on here and crow about the Hornets until they actually do something in conference....Year in and year out we have the toughest travel schedule (with Portland St) so I'd rather not say anything until we have at least got a few road games under our belt....I watched most of your game today and have to say you look better than the last few times I have seen the griz....right now, according to the Massey Ratings, here is how the BSC stands...

1st EWU - 137th
2nd Sac St - 142nd
3rd SSU - 168th
4th MSU - 194th
5th NCU - 197th
6th UM - 204th
7th NAU - 232nd
8th PSU - 247th
9th WSU - 270th
10th ISU - 280th
11th IU - 340th

obviously there is a lot of season left and who stays healthy always is a big factor....

sacstateman said:
Thanks you for the kind words citay....I wasnt going to come on here and crow about the Hornets until they actually do something in conference....Year in and year out we have the toughest travel schedule (with Portland St) so I'd rather not say anything until we have at least got a few road games under our belt....I watched most of your game today and have to say you look better than the last few times I have seen the griz....right now, according to the Massey Ratings, here is how the BSC stands...

1st EWU - 137th
2nd Sac St - 142nd
3rd SSU - 168th
4th MSU - 194th
5th NCU - 197th
6th UM - 204th
7th NAU - 232nd
8th PSU - 247th
9th WSU - 270th
10th ISU - 280th
11th IU - 340th

obviously there is a lot of season left and who stays healthy always is a big factor....

Portland State just put a huge scare into Oregon State, losing by 5, 81-76. Holland Woods is good.

Back