• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beer me!

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Well, the lack of pissers IS a problem, but it's simply a logistical one that could be -- and already should be -- overcome. I still think the issue is perception and liability, but I think we're beginning to see a sea-change on those issues, and the dam may be weakening.

That said, I do think GT makes a good point in his post above: any beer-selling party to the contract would likely demand that UM no longer allow re-entrance. How will that play?

I think the solution could be to have areas outside the tunnels that are still "inside" the stadium for re-entry purposes, like almost every other stadium that isn't a collection of modular bleachers. People say we don't have the space, but some portable chain link fixes that.

Further, I see your point about the beer sellers demanding no more re-entry, but I'm not sure I agree. If CDA/EG Beer Co. gets approached to be the first to sell on the inside, I'm not sure I would care about whether people leave at halftime. I can't get $7 for 12oz of warm Coors Light in a plastic cup anywhere else in the state, and I'm going to sell more than a few even if people are loading up on Keystones in the parking lot at half. Hell, I might sell even more in the second half if they do shotgun a few at halftime. :D

:lol:

Ursa Major said:
Dutch Lane said:
Dick, it’s pretty simple. The swells in the canyon club have their beers and one would assume they have pissers for them also. That being said, if they sold beer in the rest of the stadium that would then make the canyon club less special. Does anyone really want to see that to happen? Come on dick get a clue. :thumb:

I don't use the bathrooms in the Canyon Club when I attend games there. After I crush a couple chardonnays, I simply relieve my self on the commoners below.

Power moves only. :lol:

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Not enough bathrooms for beer is the definition of a "you problem". IDGAF about your pee problems, give me your $7 and I'll give you a flat Bud Light like a GD American. Saying we can't sell beer due to long bathroom lines is like saying you can't go to college because you don't have a notebook. Figure it the f*** out.

That's what the new plastic bags are for.

Great point. "Problem" solved.

Ursa Major said:
Dutch Lane said:
Dick, it’s pretty simple. The swells in the canyon club have their beers and one would assume they have pissers for them also. That being said, if they sold beer in the rest of the stadium that would then make the canyon club less special. Does anyone really want to see that to happen? Come on dick get a clue. :thumb:

I don't use the bathrooms in the Canyon Club when I attend games there. After I crush a couple chardonnays, I simply relieve my self on the commoners below.

:lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Well, the lack of pissers IS a problem, but it's simply a logistical one that could be -- and already should be -- overcome. I still think the issue is perception and liability, but I think we're beginning to see a sea-change on those issues, and the dam may be weakening.

That said, I do think GT makes a good point in his post above: any beer-selling party to the contract would likely demand that UM no longer allow re-entrance. How will that play?

I think the solution could be to have areas outside the tunnels that are still "inside" the stadium for re-entry purposes, like almost every other stadium that isn't a collection of modular bleachers. People say we don't have the space, but some portable chain link fixes that.

Further, I see your point about the beer sellers demanding no more re-entry, but I'm not sure I agree. If CDA/EG Beer Co. gets approached to be the first to sell on the inside, I'm not sure I would care about whether people leave at halftime. I can't get $7 for 12oz of warm Coors Light in a plastic cup anywhere else in the state, and I'm going to sell more than a few even if people are loading up on Keystones in the parking lot at half. Hell, I might sell even more in the second half if they do shotgun a few at halftime. :D

I like this idea of the beer contract going to eGriz members. May I also suggest looking at Booby Dildo as transportation supervisor and Snap as chief of security. Snaps primary security role would be keeping EG out of the supply room.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

I like this idea of the beer contract going to eGriz members. May I also suggest looking at Booby Dildo as transportation supervisor and Snap as chief of security. Snaps primary security role would be keeping EG out of the supply room.

Uh, if they are thinking, even for a second, about allowing non-eGriz members to sell beer in the stadium, then I think the bathroom lines would be too long. It simply can't be done, logistically.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Uh, if they are thinking, even for a second, about allowing non-eGriz members to sell beer in the stadium, then I think the bathroom lines would be too long. It simply can't be done, logistically.
:lol: :clap:

Back