• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky coaches predict 2021 national champion

I think it's fair to say most people experienced some minor side effects with the vaccines. But for me they were nothing compared to the side effects of the shingles vaccines. Those damn things are rough. And they're CERTAINLY nothing compared to the illness itself.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
san juan capistrano or east side capistrano? i think i might be living under the same bridge you did. there is some 1940's chemistry equation graffiti faintly visible down here, when the sun comes up.
SJC, Ortega Highway. I saw the transformation of a wonderful sleepy little mission village into just another LA bedroom community. Sad to see. Swallow's Inn was a great hangout. Hole-in-the-fence beach.

yes, you can still see the old charm, but anywhere relatively close to the ocean in socal is just one giant strip mall town from north of l.a. down to the mexican border. the only break you get from people is driving through camp pendleton. hard to beat the weather from oceanside down to the border, though, at least within a mile or two of the coast. 80 degrees is a heatwave, and 60 degrees is too cold. i'll take that.

argh! said:
kemajic said:
SJC, Ortega Highway. I saw the transformation of a wonderful sleepy little mission village into just another LA bedroom community. Sad to see. Swallow's Inn was a great hangout. Hole-in-the-fence beach.

yes, you can still see the old charm, but anywhere relatively close to the ocean in socal is just one giant strip mall town from north of l.a. down to the mexican border. the only break you get from people is driving through camp pendleton. hard to beat the weather from oceanside down to the border, though, at least within a mile or two of the coast. 80 degrees is a heatwave, and 60 degrees is too cold. i'll take that.

:thumb:

Griz Addict said:
Griz Addict said:
Everyone I know that's been vaccinated, has only had 1 symptom. Sore arm... quit the crazy conspiracy qanon conspiracy crap.

Also just because some of them got covid and were fine, means nothing. How about your mom, dad, or grandpa??? You still are spreading it. Could you imagine if every dumbass like yourself, never got any vaccinations? We would be disease filled and probably only live to our 30s, maybe. Only a selfish, incoherent, and conspiracy loving moron wouldn't want to get vaccinated. Quit thinking about yourself and the small picture. Trying looking at the picture as a whole. Just because you don't have bad symptoms doesn't mean you won't spread it and kill someone else. And the delta is affecting more children, so at least think about the kids. You really want to be locked down again?? The only method to avoid that is everyone gets vaccinated... All these people that don't want to get vaccinated, obviously wants to see their family members die sooner and be stuck in a house forever.

So if I am unvaccinated and infect someone, they will have bad outcomes, but if I am fully vaccinated and infect that same someone, their outcome will be better?
https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/leaked-cdc-report-says-covid19-delta-variant-as-contagious-as-chickenpox/

MikeyGriz said:
Griz Addict said:
Also just because some of them got covid and were fine, means nothing. How about your mom, dad, or grandpa??? You still are spreading it. Could you imagine if every dumbass like yourself, never got any vaccinations? We would be disease filled and probably only live to our 30s, maybe. Only a selfish, incoherent, and conspiracy loving moron wouldn't want to get vaccinated. Quit thinking about yourself and the small picture. Trying looking at the picture as a whole. Just because you don't have bad symptoms doesn't mean you won't spread it and kill someone else. And the delta is affecting more children, so at least think about the kids. You really want to be locked down again?? The only method to avoid that is everyone gets vaccinated... All these people that don't want to get vaccinated, obviously wants to see their family members die sooner and be stuck in a house forever.

So if I am unvaccinated and infect someone, they will have bad outcomes, but if I am fully vaccinated and infect that same someone, their outcome will be better?
https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/leaked-cdc-report-says-covid19-delta-variant-as-contagious-as-chickenpox/

Look just don't get the shot and hope for the best and if you get it, well no whining when they shove the tube down your throat. The doc's say that is usually the last thing you see.

fanofzoo said:
MikeyGriz said:

Look just don't get the shot and hope for the best and if you get it, well no whining when they shove the tube down your throat. The doc's say that is usually the last thing you see.

I'm just trying to understand how the unvaccinated are getting so much derision when the fully vaccinated appear to be spreading just as much infection.

MikeyGriz said:
Griz Addict said:

Depends, is the someone vaccinated or unvaccinated? I think you are focusing on the wrong someone.

MikeyGriz said:
fanofzoo said:

I'm just trying to understand how the unvaccinated are getting so much derision when the fully vaccinated appear to be spreading just as much infection.

Once again, you are focusing on the wrong part of the equation.

HelenaHandBasket said:
MikeyGriz said:

Once again, you are focusing on the wrong part of the equation.

It can be a difficult concept that getting a vaccine is proven to make one’s outcome drastically better than if he/she didn’t get a vaccine. Imperfect analogy, but players wearing FB helmets/pads can still inflict pain and injury on other players wearing helmets/pads, but the dude who insists on playing only in a T-shirt and gym shorts stands a far greater chance of having a horrible outcome.

Put another way, if the vaccinated can still spread COVID the same as the unvaccinated, I guess I’d view that as an additional incentive to get the shot, but wtf do I know?

MikeyGriz said:
fanofzoo said:

Maybe read the link you provide next time more thoroughly, as it definitely says that vaccination still cuts the possibility of spread of the Delta variant by 64%, which is admittedly not as great as the 94% provided against regular Covid, but much better than the 0% not being vaccinated provides.

The vaccines also provide 93% efficacy against Delta virus hospitalizations.

You either didn't read it, or you're just making shit up.

MikeyGriz said:
fanofzoo said:

Mikey—this was what I learned from Fox News two days ago.

If you are vaccinated:

Chance of getting infected by the Delta virus is 3.5 times less than an unvaccinated person.

Chance of having symptoms is 8 times less than an unvaccinated person.

Chance of becoming seriously ill and hospitalized is 25 times less than an unvaccinated person.

In addition, children are far more likely to contract the Delta virus than the original virus. By not getting vaccinated we are allowing the virus to continue to spread and giving it more opportunities to mutate.

Down the line we may see a mutation that is vaccine resistant or one that is even more likely to infect and kill children and young adults. Then we get to start all over with lockdowns and watch the body count pile up more.

This is why the unvaccinated are getting ridiculed. From this perspective they are seen as selfish, unpatriotic and are delaying us getting back to normal.

Back