• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby Ball

RayWill said:
Hammer said:
The passion and energy they played with vs last season was evident from the start. That is all Hauck. Notice the incredible improvement in tackling also??

Those of us that were at the game just talked about this today. We could only remember 1 missed tackle.

The 1on1 tackling and swarm team tackling was vastly vastly improved.

They are all driving through the tackles instead of reaching and grabbing.....it is a thing of beauty.

SoldierGriz said:
Know it's been discussed, but seemed Sneed did pull the ball and run too quickly a few times.

He could also afford to give the receivers another step or 2 before he releases the ball. I know the offense requires a quick read and throw, but a few of his throws (not all by any stretch) were rushed - maybe even forced.

I agree.... I think I'd be happy if he took off and ran about 5-6 times less a game.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
Know it's been discussed, but seemed Sneed did pull the ball and run too quickly a few times.

He could also afford to give the receivers another step or 2 before he releases the ball. I know the offense requires a quick read and throw, but a few of his throws (not all by any stretch) were rushed - maybe even forced.

I agree.... I think I'd be happy if he took off and ran about 5-6 times less a game.

Yeah,that's what I thought, but after I watched the game on DVR, I saw he also got knocked on his ass a couple of times standing in there. After that he was, understandingly, a bit more gun shy and quick to exit. And, he even said at post game that he should have stayed put more. He knows. With the state of the OL, Sneed's feet are one of the biggest asset for the offense. He just needs to adapt the balance.

daGrizJ said:
... Yeah,that's what I thought, but after I watched the game on DVR, I saw he also got knocked on his ass a couple of times standing in there. After that he was, understandingly, a bit more gun shy and quick to exit. And, he even said at post game that he should have stayed put more. He knows. With the state of the OL, Sneed's feet are one of the biggest asset for the offense. He just needs to adapt the balance.
Put the stats over on the "Dalton Sneed" thread, but the point deserves to be made here. The basically intact UNI defense (9 of 11 starters returning) was #15 in Sacks last year (4.3 per game) and #7 in Tackles for Loss (8.3 per game ... making them #1 in the Missouri Valley). You can make the case that, in this very first outing, the Griz faced the strongest defense against the ground game they will face during the regular season.

Back