• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat QB coach

This one is my favorite. I can just see the Seahawk executives racking their brains on who to hire as an offensive assistant when a young employee busts into the conference room:

Young Guy: "Fellers, I found him! I found just the guy. Chuckie Keeton. He's been the QB coach at Montana State for about eighty days."

John Schneider: "THE Chuckie Keeton? I don't know, Ethan. It's a long shot. Why would he be interested in us when he already has a dream job making high five digits in Bozeman, Montana?"

Mike Macdonald: "Dare to dream, John. We've scoured the planet. I say if we have even an outside shot at landing THE Chuckie Keeton, we get on the horn."

Schneider: "He's gonna say no."

Macdonald: "Let's find out. This type of opportunity doesn't come about often in this business."

You can mock him and the process he went thru all you want. The bottom line is he was the one the Seahawks selected for the job. Now, he is making a lot more money and coaching in the NFL.

This one is my favorite. I can just see the Seahawk executives racking their brains on who to hire as an offensive assistant when a young employee busts into the conference room:

Young Guy: "Fellers, I found him! I found just the guy. Chuckie Keeton. He's been the QB coach at Montana State for about eighty days."

John Schneider: "THE Chuckie Keeton? I don't know, Ethan. It's a long shot. Why would he be interested in us when he already has a dream job making high five digits in Bozeman, Montana?"

Mike Macdonald: "Dare to dream, John. We've scoured the planet. I say if we have even an outside shot at landing THE Chuckie Keeton, we get on the horn."

Schneider: "He's gonna say no."

Macdonald: "Let's find out. This type of opportunity doesn't come about often in this business."
The reason he wanted to come to Seattle was the chance to help coach Russell Wilson.

You can mock him and the process he went thru all you want. The bottom line is he was the one the Seahawks selected for the job. Now, he is making a lot more money and coaching in the NFL.
No, wrong, as always.
The bottom line is not that the Seachickens selected him.
It’s that he de-selected MSdUi.
Contrary to your troll attempts based on pure conjecture, the most likely conclusion was that he wanted out of Bozeman

No, wrong, as always.
The bottom line is not that the Seachickens selected him.
It’s that he de-selected MSdUi.
Contrary to your troll attempts based on pure conjecture, the most likely conclusion was that he wanted out of Bozeman
Yes they selected him over the competition. They must have saw something in him as a coach that they liked thus they offered him the job. I would say that is really good being that he was a coach at the FCS level.

Yes they selected him over the competition. They must have saw something in him as a coach that they liked thus they offered him the job. I would say that is really good being that he was a coach at the FCS level.
If they had hired him to be their QB coach, I would agree with you. He was hired as an "offensive assistant" at a very low level, and won't even be working with players. He does not have a position group that he is going to be working with. He is their equivalent of an entry level graduate assistant who will be there to learn and bring coffee, and be assigned small tasks as he grows as a coach. There is no shame in that, at all, and good for him. But to portray the Seahawks hiring him in that role as a kudos to Vigen for making an untested kid the QB's coach (a job Chuck had NEVER held before), well, that is a bit of a stretch. Lets look at his resume --

"Keeton starred at QB and suffered multiple serious injuries last decade at Utah State. He began his coaching career at Oregon State in 2016 as a quality control coach working with QBs, returned to USU in 2018, coached at Texas Tech in 2019 and 2020 as a graduate assistant (with now-MSU wide receivers coach Justin Udy), coached USU’s running backs from 2021-22 and spent the 2023 season as an offensive analyst at Marshall."

That really isn't the resume of a rising star in coaching ranks. You can see him taking one step forward and then one step back in that career path. He is going to basically be an assistant TO the offensive coaches, rather than any kind of hands on coach. And, again, that is fine. You're just overplaying your hand on this one.

If they had hired him to be their QB coach, I would agree with you. He was hired as an "offensive assistant" at a very low level, and won't even be working with players. He does not have a position group that he is going to be working with. He is their equivalent of an entry level graduate assistant who will be there to learn and bring coffee, and be assigned small tasks as he grows as a coach. There is no shame in that, at all, and good for him. But to portray the Seahawks hiring him in that role as a kudos to Vigen for making an untested kid the QB's coach (a job Chuck had NEVER held before), well, that is a bit of a stretch. Lets look at his resume --

"Keeton starred at QB and suffered multiple serious injuries last decade at Utah State. He began his coaching career at Oregon State in 2016 as a quality control coach working with QBs, returned to USU in 2018, coached at Texas Tech in 2019 and 2020 as a graduate assistant (with now-MSU wide receivers coach Justin Udy), coached USU’s running backs from 2021-22 and spent the 2023 season as an offensive analyst at Marshall."

That really isn't the resume of a rising star in coaching ranks. You can see him taking one step forward and then one step back in that career path. He is going to basically be an assistant TO the offensive coaches, rather than any kind of hands on coach. And, again, that is fine. You're just overplaying your hand on this one.
I didn't indicate any kudos to Vigen. I give Keeton the kudos for being the candidate that got the job. It is a more money and an opportunity in the NFL. He also has an opportunity to do well and advance. Like I said, the Seahawks must have saw something in him to be the one that got hired.

I didn't indicate any kudos to Vigen. I give Keeton the kudos for being the candidate that got the job. It is a more money and an opportunity in the NFL. He also has an opportunity to do well and advance. Like I said, the Seahawks must have saw something in him to be the one that got hired.
Of course they must have seen something in him. I'm not trying to hate him or be mean to you. I think that these are the statements that you made that people disagreed with:

"Must have been a really good hire for the Seahawks to know about his abilities and come after him."

When CDA pointed out that he definitely applied for the job, the Seahawks didn't come seeking him out, you replied "Yes, not surprised you are likely to think that is plausible."

I'm not trying to be rude to you, I think that is the part that everybody is responding to with the comments about "delusional" and stuff. It is more money and opportunity, for sure. It just isn't a sign that it was an impressive hire for the MSU QB Coach role. The general point people are making at you, albeit sarcastically, is just that the fact that the Seahawks hired him as a low level assistant to the coaches does not equate to him being a good hire to coach the quarterbacks at an FCS team that is theoretically trying to compete for a national championship.

Kinda seems like a complete shitshow with the bub staff. Perhaps they all had to quit drinking after the insane number of DUIs, and then they all suddenly realized it's kind of a shitty place to work while sober.
Can you imagine waking up on a Sunday morning, looking at your phone, and realizing you had promised one of your drinking buddies that you had taken a job at THAT place? Seems tough, and awkward. Like, you gotta show up and put on a good show while you apply to literally any other coaching job you can find at this time of year. I would imagine.

Of course they must have seen something in him. I'm not trying to hate him or be mean to you. I think that these are the statements that you made that people disagreed with:

"Must have been a really good hire for the Seahawks to know about his abilities and come after him."

When CDA pointed out that he definitely applied for the job, the Seahawks didn't come seeking him out, you replied "Yes, not surprised you are likely to think that is plausible."

I'm not trying to be rude to you, I think that is the part that everybody is responding to with the comments about "delusional" and stuff. It is more money and opportunity, for sure. It just isn't a sign that it was an impressive hire for the MSU QB Coach role. The general point people are making at you, albeit sarcastically, is just that the fact that the Seahawks hired him as a low level assistant to the coaches does not equate to him being a good hire to coach the quarterbacks at an FCS team that is theoretically trying to compete for a preseason national championship.
FYP; edits in italics.

And you can believe that the Seahawks "went after him" all you want.
Remember that coach the bubs hired for like 10 mins? There were pictures of him and his little family on stage during the announcement and the kids were looking at their dad like, “dude WTF did you get us into”.

Seems like once he sobered up the next morning, they packed the car and skinned out immediately.

How is this Chuckie guy any different? He took one look around MSdui and said “nope.” Maybe it took him a little longer to figure out how bad Bozo sucks, but that’s splitting hairs.

Both could not get out fast enough.

Was bigguy trying to argue that some other program “must have went after” the 10-min coach too?

Latest posts

Back