• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat Triangle Classic cancelled!

What the shit is a Bobcat Triangle Classic and why are we talking about it? Can't we talk about what Hauck ate for lunch or something?

griz4life said:
garizzalies said:
So what does the “triangle” part mean?
Is it some kind of love triangle among the coaching staff?

Golden Triangle
No, no ,no , you are mistaking "Bobcat Golden Shower" with this. Two totally separate things.

Silenoz said:
What the shit is a Bobcat Triangle Classic and why are we talking about it?
I’m pretty sure it’s a docu-serious involving the cat coaching staff; kinda like a mix of the reality TV shows “Wife swap” and “Candid Camera.”
But they had to cancel it because, although the pilot episode yielded a ton of material, it also revealed some insecurities among the staff.

tourist said:
If you don't want to read a thread, don't. I thought I was dealing with adults.

Nah, eGriz is way more tolerable when no one takes anything seriously

Htowngriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
tourist said:
If you don't want to read a thread, don't. I thought I was dealing with adults.

Then you posted on the wrong forum

So did you.

Good one.

What’s the name of this sub forum again? Something about the grizzlies AND the FCS?
Got it.

Yet another thread about the Cats on egriz and then someone complaining that a Cat fan is commenting on it. Makes sense.

Anybody know for real why the event was cancelled? Seemed to be pretty successful so one can't help but wonder why.

mcg said:
Anybody know for real why the event was cancelled? Seemed to be pretty successful so one can't help but wonder why.

The boosters told me the reason it was cancelled is listed in my 1st post of this thread.

reinell30 said:
Piss poor management of funds by the MSU Athletic Department has caused the MSU Booster club in Great Falls to cancel the annual Triangle classic. This event is the largest fund raising event for the Bobcats. This will hurt!

Much like the GSA event in Great Falls for the Griz, these two events are two of the largest fund raising events there are in the state. Bobcats usually bring in a fantastic guest speaker. They serve Prime Rib dinner sponsored by Bar S restaurant. Bobcat personnel in Bozeman tried to tell the boosters in Great Falls they were losing money and that they needed to do the event their way. Great Falls Boosters showed them the huge profits and then the argument began.
The only money being lost is when the Great Falls Booster clubs hands the money over to the Bobcat AD and it disappears between Great Falls and Bozeman.
Too bad for the Cat fans around this area as they did enjoy this event.

Here's the first post. Which was it? MSU hasn't said a word, other than that bland blah, blah, blah by Costello. The Tribune is incapable of any investigative journalism. The three boosters haven't said any more. The surviving boosters are silent. BN is, well, BN....'it ran its course', 'stale', so 'move on.'

tourist said:
reinell30 said:
Piss poor management of funds by the MSU Athletic Department has caused the MSU Booster club in Great Falls to cancel the annual Triangle classic. This event is the largest fund raising event for the Bobcats. This will hurt!

Much like the GSA event in Great Falls for the Griz, these two events are two of the largest fund raising events there are in the state. Bobcats usually bring in a fantastic guest speaker. They serve Prime Rib dinner sponsored by Bar S restaurant. Bobcat personnel in Bozeman tried to tell the boosters in Great Falls they were losing money and that they needed to do the event their way. Great Falls Boosters showed them the huge profits and then the argument began.
The only money being lost is when the Great Falls Booster clubs hands the money over to the Bobcat AD and it disappears between Great Falls and Bozeman.
Too bad for the Cat fans around this area as they did enjoy this event.

Here's the first post. Which was it? MSU hasn't said a word, other than that bland blah, blah, blah by Costello. The Tribune is incapable of any investigative journalism. The three boosters haven't said any more. The surviving boosters are silent. BN is, well, BN....'it ran its course', 'stale', so 'move on.'
It's better that way for all parties in my opinion. I've heard two sides of the story. I've heard the side that reinell posted above about huge profits, and I've heard that the profits were nowhere near what was reported.

So without knowing the facts we have a few options. Believe that the profits were huge and MSU mismanaged or laundered the money. Believe that the profits were not as large as reported and MSU chose to move on. Or follow the lead of both MSU and the Great Falls chapter and agree it was time for this event to go a different direction as it has run its course.

But that's not very fun...

The athletic department or whoever runs fund raising for MSU in Bozeman, told the GF boosters they were losing money on the Triangle classic event. They said they wanted to take over the event and have different caterers etc...the GF boosters have always had Bar S cater the dinner, in fact, Bar S had already reserved the Prime Ribs for this years upcoming event. Bozeman reserved Big Mouth BBQ for catering. Bozeman also didn't want the big name speaker again.

Bozeman basically wanted to run the event their way and not follow the Great Falls Boosters plan at all. GF told them it was to big of a hassle to do it their way so it was all cancelled.
GF Boosters in the know told me the only way money could of been lost was if it disappeared between here and Bozeman.
I guess they handed over big money to MSU Bozeman from these past events?

reinell30 said:
The athletic department or whoever runs fund raising for MSU in Bozeman, told the GF boosters they were losing money on the Triangle classic event. They said they wanted to take over the event and have different caterers etc...the GF boosters have always had Bar S cater the dinner, in fact, Bar S had already reserved the Prime Ribs for this years upcoming event. Bozeman reserved Big Mouth BBQ for catering. Bozeman also didn't want the big name speaker again.

Bozeman basically wanted to run the event their way and not follow the Great Falls Boosters plan at all. GF told them it was to big of a hassle to do it their way so it was all cancelled.
GF Boosters in the know told me the only way money could of been lost was if it disappeared between here and Bozeman.
I guess they handed over big money to MSU Bozeman from these past events?

This would make sense to me. I have heard MSU wants a bigger role in other events throughout the state as well. If they're the ones that are ultimately responsible for the money it makes sense to avoid these issues. When one party says there was more money made than what you feel was made it makes sense to take it over.

Still a shitty deal. This was a cool event for sure. GF guys did a great job.

Thanks, Reinell. Clearly shows MSU f----- up this event. Why didn't MSU change everything last summer instead of waiting until two months before the event? Costello is the department director, he is responsible. Moving on only covers up responsibility for those responsible for this screw up.

Back