• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Caitlyn Jenner says she opposes transgender girls competing in girls’ sports"

tourist said:
Three. That's the answer to the question, 'How many lawyers does it take to screw in a light bulb?' :lol: :|

With all due respect (to myself, of course), I’m less of a lawyer and more of a prophet.

Kidding aside, it’s a job. Nothing more annoying than those who view it as more than a job. I’ve been practicing for over a decade, and I can barely read. A good arc weld, laying out HVAC, or framing a house all require much more actual skill than anything I do. That’s the troof.

CDAGRIZ said:
tourist said:
Three. That's the answer to the question, 'How many lawyers does it take to screw in a light bulb?' :lol: :|

With all due respect (to myself, of course), I’m less of a lawyer and more of a prophet.

Kidding aside, it’s a job. Nothing more annoying than those who view it as more than a job. I’ve been practicing for over a decade, and I can barely read. A good arc weld, laying out HVAC, or framing a house all require much more actual skill than anything I do. That’s the troof.

Being a lawyer can help marrying up, tho, and even getting a trophy wife right away. Prophets can get lots of wives. I don't know if that's better or worse.

What happened to that big mouth Jesse? He seems to have disappeared now that I confirmed the bet.

"/s/ Jesse

WITNESSETH: All of Egriz.

PS: Ball is in your court now. You made the wager and I accepted so man up. .... What you gonna do big guy, clock is ticking, tick, tick, tick, tick............"

PlayerRep said:
What happened to that big mouth Jesse? He seems to have disappeared now that I confirmed the bet.

"/s/ Jesse

WITNESSETH: All of Egriz.

PS: Ball is in your court now. You made the wager and I accepted so man up. .... What you gonna do big guy, clock is ticking, tick, tick, tick, tick............"

Hey, Jesse. I am at Mo Club. Shane doesn’t know of any envelope from you with $100 in it. My $100 is here. It’s past 5pm, your bet deadline.

Are you welching on your bet? Ball has been in your no court since yesterday. Tick tick tick. You are pretty weak for having such a big mouth.

PlayerRep said:
Jesse Welcher, he shall now be known as.

SMH. You have absolutely no idea how a bet works do you? I will try to explain the concept of betting in the most basic terms so you can better understand it. First, an offer to bet or wager on something for a certain amount of money (the stake) is made by say a high roller like PR. (In this case $100, whether a journalist was "hospitalized" as a result of having been assaulted by then Congressman Greg Bodyslam). Second, the offer is ratified when accepted by Jesse, and that's how a bet is made. I will illustrate it again for you below to make it even easier to understand:

1. Offer by PR: "I'm happy to bet you $100 that he wasn't hospitalized, and I know I
can prove (sic) with a newspaper article. Put up or shut up on that bet,
Jesse/Dutch"

2. Acceptance by Jesse: "I'll take that bet fat man, and don't going chickening out on
me like you did last time when you didn't show up at the Mo Club at 5:00 pm like
you said you would" (This is the "put up" part because Jesse took the bet)

3. Because a wager, as drafted by PR was agreed to by Jesse, a contract was made and that
should have been the end of it or the part where PR "shuts up" (In state college business law
classes the technical legal jargon "a deal is deal" is often used)

4. Jesse, aware that PR is incapable of losing gracefully or admitting a mistake, something to
do with cluster b disorders, (tourist or grizpsyche can explain this for egriz
if they care to) put this caveat in a whereas after the deal was made:

“I know you think you are a big shot attorney and I also know you will try
and weasel your way out of the wager with some lawyer double talk
after you lose, but I’m old school and my word is my bond and I
don’t welch on bets”

And as predicted by Jesse (and cluster b) comes the weasel/lawyer double talk part by PR. Realizing he was going to lose the bet because “hospitalized” as used in the NYT's article simply means he went to a hospital for treatment. Knowing this, PR to tried to weasel out of the bet by lawyerly defining the term “hospitalized” after the bet had been accepted by Jesse (because he assumed incorrectly, that PR knew how to bet or draft a contract) (PR claims to have matriculated at Stanford which I guess is a decent enough school. He also claims to have been involved in Montana Gov. Bodyslams IPO and sale, which I now doubt after seeing his sloppy draftsmanship) I will illustrate the weasel/lawyer part below:

4. Weasel by PR: “Okay, deal and bet, subject to.my edits (above), and egriz not
Sask will decide (Sask is biased). I will leave my $100 with Shane.” (below are his weasel/lawyer edits)

[It is understood that being looked at after the incident at ER/hospital, having
elbow x-rayed, and being released within a couple hours or so is not being
"hospitalized" for purpose of this bet. Hospitalized is being formally admitted to
the hospital spending the night]

The problem for PR is he made an offer, and as CDA can educate
us again, the old canons of strict construction interpret an ambiguity (in this wager the meaning of “hospitalized”) against the weasel/lawyer who drafted it, in this case PR.
So dear readers a bet was made, accepted and a weasel/lawyer
move was predictably made by PR to get out of it (his own bet) He will try and claim victory (see again, cluster b) until the cows come home or until the fellas down at the land grant college win another chipper.

I really wish this was the end of this deal, but PR will continue to weasel, arguing what does or doesn't
“hospitalized” mean and that the NYT's is wrong in its usage of the word because
he has a newspaper article to prove it blah, blah, blah.....................

So the lesson for any children reading this is don't waste your time wagering with a weasel/lawyer even when a deal is a deal. And in 1, 2, 3................here he comes now with his lame ass retort. lol

PS: Jesse left $100 at the Mo Club with Ryan on Sunday.

Jesse said:
PlayerRep said:
Jesse Welcher, he shall now be known as.

SMH. You have absolutely no idea how a bet works do you? I will try to explain the concept of betting in the most basic terms so you can better understand it. First, an offer to bet or wager on something for a certain amount of money (the stake) is made by say a high roller like PR. (In this case $100, whether a journalist was "hospitalized" as a result of having been assaulted by then Congressman Greg Bodyslam). Second, the offer is ratified when accepted by Jesse, and that's how a bet is made. I will illustrate it again for you below to make it even easier to understand:

1. Offer by PR: "I'm happy to bet you $100 that he wasn't hospitalized, and I know I
Jesse/Dutch"

2. Acceptance by Jesse: "I'll take that bet fat man, and don't going chickening out on
me like you did last time when you didn't show up at the Mo Club at 5:00 pm like

3. Because a wager, as drafted by PR was agreed to by Jesse, a contract was made and that
should have been the end of it or the part where PR "shuts up" (In state college business law

4. Jesse, aware that PR is incapable of losing gracefully or admitting a mistake, something to

don’t welch on bets”

And as predicted by Jesse (and cluster b) comes the weasel/lawyer double talk part by PR. Realizing he was going to lose the bet because “hospitalized” as used in the NYT's article simply means he went to a hospital for treatment. Knowing this, PR to tried to weasel out of the bet by lawyerly defining the term “hospitalized” after the bet had been accepted by Jesse (because he assumed incorrectly, that PR knew how to bet or draft a contract) (PR claims to have matriculated at Stanford which I guess is a decent enough school. He also claims to have been involved in Montana Gov. Bodyslams IPO and sale, which I now doubt after seeing his sloppy draftsmanship) I will illustrate the weasel/lawyer part below:

4. Weasel by PR: “Okay, deal and bet, subject to.my edits (above), and egriz not
Sask will decide (Sask is biased). I will leave my $100 with Shane.” (below are his weasel/lawyer edits)

[It is understood that being looked at after the incident at ER/hospital, having
"hospitalized" for purpose of this bet. Hospitalized is being formally admitted to

us again, the old canons of strict construction interpret an ambiguity (in this wager the meaning of “hospitalized”) against the weasel/lawyer who drafted it, in this case PR.
move was predictably made by PR to get out of it (his own bet) He will try and claim victory (see again, cluster b) until the cows come home or until the fellas down at the land grant college win another chipper.

I really wish this was the end of this deal, but PR will continue to weasel, arguing what does or doesn't
“hospitalized” mean and that the NYT's is wrong in its usage of the word because

So the lesson for any children reading this is don't waste your time wagering with a weasel/lawyer even when a deal is a deal. And in 1, 2, 3................here he comes now with his lame ass retort. lol

As a retired Hospital CEO, I can tell you that the gentleman was not "hospitalized". Hospitalized in the industry means admitted for inpatient treatment. At the very least, it would mean "admitted" for observation where the patient is being observed for specific issues in order to determine if the patient can be safely sent home or needs to be admitted for inpatient treatment. It is my understanding that neither of these things happened. Since that is the case, he was not "hospitalized".

order in the court! greenie did refer to newspaper articles as the means of "proof", and there was an article from a fairly reputable newspaper that stated he was "hospitalized", so it is reasonable that a lay person would believe he was indeed, hospitalized. also, while the testimony from the hospital administrator is interesting and worthwhile, this was a bet between lay people. so my decision is as follows: greenie pays jesse 50$, and jesse pays greenie $50. you are both free to appeal the decision to a higher court, i.e. cda or major major. court adjourned.

addendum: the court will reconsider if either party can get the reporter to testify.

He was not hospitalized. See Chester's post. After being talked to by a sheriff at the campaign offices after the incident and evaluated there by emergency people, he went to the ER at Bozeman hospital. He had an x-ray on his elbow. Shortly thereafter, he was taken by the sheriff to presumably the sheriff's office for further interviewing. The incident occurred a bit after 5pm. Again, the reporter remained at the campaign office for a while, talked to various people, began tweeting, was evaluated there by emergency people, and talked to the sheriff there.

1. "Jacobs was evaluated in an ambulance at the scene and taken to Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital, according to the Hyalite Fire Department.

Jacobs left the hospital at approximately 7:25 p.m. in a sheriff’s vehicle. He was wearing a sling around his arm. He refused to comment on the incident."

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/politics/reporter-alleges-greg-gianforte-body-slammed-him-in-bozeman/article_9df533bb-9919-51aa-8d0d-5d5cb4e48923.html

2. "The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reported that Jacobs was evaluated in an ambulance at the scene and then transported to a local hospital. When he left the hospital, his arm was in a sling, according to the newspaper. Jacobs also said on the tape and in subsequent interviews that Gianforte broke his glasses."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/greg-gianforte-a-look-at-the-newly-elected-montana-congressman-accused-of-assaulting-reporter

3. "The reporter, Ben Jacobs, didn't have any visible injuries when he spoke to "Good Morning America" on Thursday but said he was taking "a lot of Advil" for pain."

[Thursday was the next day after the incident.]

4. There is an article with the exact release time, but I don't have time to find it now.

I will pick up my winnings, if it is in fact at the Mo Club with Ryan (or anyone).

ChesterGriz said:
Jesse said:

Jesse/Dutch"

don’t welch on bets”

As a retired Hospital CEO, I can tell you that the gentleman was not "hospitalized". Hospitalized in the industry means admitted for inpatient treatment. At the very least, it would mean "admitted" for observation where the patient is being observed for specific issues in order to determine if the patient can be safely sent home or needs to be admitted for inpatient treatment
. It is my understanding that neither of these things happened. Since that is the case, he was not "hospitalized".

Thanks, Chester. I knew that. I knew Jesse would try weasel out, but cut him off at the pass.

argh! said:
order in the court! greenie did refer to newspaper articles as the means of "proof", and there was an article from a fairly reputable newspaper that stated he was "hospitalized", so it is reasonable that a lay person would believe he was indeed, hospitalized. also, while the testimony from the hospital administrator is interesting and worthwhile, this was a bet between lay people. so my decision is as follows: greenie pays jesse 50$, and jesse pays greenie $50. you are both free to appeal the decision to a higher court, i.e. cda or major major. court adjourned.

addendum: the court will reconsider if either party can get the reporter to testify.

As I said, if in fact that article exists, that article was wrong.

I am not a lay person. From practicing law, I have a decent amount of medical expertise, and certainly knew what Chester said.

You never could read.

Here's the NY Times article Jesse claims says the reporter was hospitalized. Cited in the Wiki blurb. Where does it say that?

"The attack brought police officers to the event and sent the reporter to the hospital for X-rays." [Just as I said all along.]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/politics/greg-gianforte-montana-republican-body-slams-reporter.html?searchResultPosition=1

argh, try doing your homework before you spout off.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

As I said, if in fact that article exists, that article was wrong.

I am not a lay person. From practicing law, I have a decent amount of medical expertise, and certainly knew what Chester said.

You never could read.

so you choose to appeal. but you are a lay person, in terms of medicine. i taught m.d.'s and pharmacists, am well versed in human anatomy and physiology, and the pharmacology of most common drugs, and worked in a hospital. doesn't make me an m.d.. i am a lay person and so are you. you never could think beyond self-aggrandizing. and i read just fine when we agree on stuff. funny how that works.

ChesterGriz said:
As a retired Hospital CEO, I can tell you that the gentleman was not "hospitalized". Hospitalized in the industry means admitted for inpatient treatment. At the very least, it would mean "admitted" for observation where the patient is being observed for specific issues in order to determine if the patient can be safely sent home or needs to be admitted for inpatient treatment. It is my understanding that neither of these things happened. Since that is the case, he was not "hospitalized".

No doubt in the hospital industry and insurance industry vernacular "hospitalized" has a distinct meaning. The term however was used in an May 25, 2017 NTYs article. The NYT's uses the Oxford Dictionary.

Oxford Dictionary:
verb
past tense: hospitalized; past participle: hospitalized
1. admit or cause (someone) to be admitted to hospital for treatment.

This definition is not qualified by the duration of a stay at a hospital.
Congressman Bodyslam caused the guy to be admitted the hospital er for treatment did he not? The problem PR has is the ambiguity of the term. It can have different meanings but because PR used it in his offer without first qualifying its meaning and Jesse accepted his wager, he's fucked under the ol canon's of strict. construction.

You went to law school right PR? You probably even know what an admission is. lol

My God! Now they are throwing dictionaries at each other. Like Bill Clinton's "...depends what the word 'is' is..."

Back