• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Capser Kicking 60 Yard Field Goal in WaGriz

Buttegrizzle said:
406 Grizzly said:
You were a kicker? Then you would know kicking balls aren't deflated, they are inflated. You just said that again. If it was deflated the ball wouldn't hit off his foot like that and wouldn't fly. Of course its perfectly positioned. Find one kicker using this kicking device that does it any other way. Go watch Kevin Macias kick during his NFL tryouts at Washington Griz stadium. The exact same way! A lot of us on here watched Capser at Spring Camp. With a snap and hold and he did very well. Even Brint said on the podcast he thinks its going to be Capser. There is also a Cal kicker that I read somewhere is coming in. Let them fight for the job and stop putting a kid down.

As the dad of a kicker/punter let me assure you that in high school a huge factor is the snapper and holder. It isn’t always pretty.

I would say these would be huge factors at any level!

MikeyGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:
As the dad of a kicker/punter let me assure you that in high school a huge factor is the snapper and holder. It isn’t always pretty.

I would say these would be huge factors at any level!

Agreed, and UM has been blessed in recent years in this area. Long snappers don't get much cred but OD was probably the best ever at UM. As well, the holders have been top notch as well. I cannot remember the last time there was a snafu with a long snap or a hold in a Griz game. Here's hoping the new long snapper does as well as OD. He's got big shoes to fill.

Buttegrizzle said:
406 Grizzly said:
You were a kicker? Then you would know kicking balls aren't deflated, they are inflated. You just said that again. If it was deflated the ball wouldn't hit off his foot like that and wouldn't fly. Of course its perfectly positioned. Find one kicker using this kicking device that does it any other way. Go watch Kevin Macias kick during his NFL tryouts at Washington Griz stadium. The exact same way! A lot of us on here watched Capser at Spring Camp. With a snap and hold and he did very well. Even Brint said on the podcast he thinks its going to be Capser. There is also a Cal kicker that I read somewhere is coming in. Let them fight for the job and stop putting a kid down.

Exactly. In hs we almost always "went for it" on 4th and went for 2 after TDs more often than not, cause our chances of making 2-5 yards was better than counting on a good snap,hold and kick. I, admittedly, shanked a cpl, but I will blame the unpredictable snap and holds. ;)

Back