• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Carson Rostad to LB?

garizzalies said:
argh! said:
you forgot the 'to make up for his mistakes, like they were', which was my full sentence, and a comparison with two players who made the nfl for long periods. too tough a comparison? i wasn't the one who brought them up first. i also was very clear that my only 'data' was my observation of games, nothing more. it's just a message board, not an analytics site. but, hey man, taking things out of context is easy, isn't it... as for hauck, i don't hate him. what a waste of time and emotion that would be. do i think he's a good representative for um? not really, but that is just my opinion. and when did i defend engstrom? i didn't. keep making up stuff, it appears to be the only way you can "discuss" things with those who don't agree with you.
Your goofy comparison makes no sense without actual data. In fact, none of it makes sense. People make mistakes; we’re only human. Thus, if you’re not “fast enough” to correct, you’re not fast enough (period). You’re semantics sounds like sour grapes, particularly when you can’t even attempt to address my other questions, and that’s why I called you out.

There is no “context” for your subjective hate because it only exists in your mind’s eye. “Context” implies some kind of objective data, and you admittedly have none. Your “comparison” is of players who never set foot on the field at the same time and involves no measurable metric.

For some reason, you think Stitt was a better rep of UM than BH which is so laughable. It is a message board, and my opinion is you are a Hauck-hater. Which is fine; I don’t give a shit. You’ve been doing it for years—what the hell do I care? But don’t get your panties in a wad when you you get called out for no data/support.

Crazy part is, you usually defend the undersized, underdog type of players who get unnecessary hate (like the nguyens). But here, I think your opinion proves your Hauck-hater status and not just because it is unsupported and unsupportable, but because RH is the one player who possibly gets more scrutiny than any other before him.

The even crazier crazy part is, I personally would love to see another player starting over RH, but I don’t just make shit up to support my wish.

wow, i've obviously made an impression, and you even project beliefs on me that i don't have. whatever. not worth the time. i made an assessment, and after next year, i could be wrong, i could be right, or, most likely, it is somewhere in the middle. i will say that you overblow what i think about hauck, what i thought about stitt, and other stuff.

Jesse said:
Why would your personally love to see another player starting over RH?

There is zero friggin reason because he is a future AA at safety.

Now, please answer the question you have been avoiding:

What was the name of Jesse's girl that RH stole from you?

garizzalies said:
argh! said:
my only thought is that it seems to me that he should be subbed for in passing situations.
Why do you think he’s not “fast enough”? Which DBs are faster? Who would you “sub” in for RH on passing downs?

I believe graves is. He ran 11.5 100m in highschool and his hudl time was 4.6. Whereas I believe RH was like a 4.8-9. I think I would sub in someone like graves or any other taller faster safety/athlete. That’s why I think Rostad would be a good fit, 6-3, 210, 4.7 hudl time out of high school. The Griz don’t post 40 times for some reason. Possibly to cover up slow skill players, who knows? Yes I would definitely sub in a bigger defender on passing downs.

SoldierGriz said:
Jesse said:
Why would your personally love to see another player starting over RH?

I was asking grazzalies, it was his statement. I don’t think I’m the only one who can objectively see that safety is an issue. and maybe just maybe they have some athletes who are bigger and faster on the roster who would better fill the position for the over all well being of the defensive scheme. I believe that if you have the personal, they should be playing, I like to see situational substitutions, play aggressively to your strengths. RH started as red shirt freshman and I expect he will start every game for all 4 years. Does any one know in the last 25 years how many other Griz have accomplished that, starting every game over 4 years? I can’t think of anyone but haven’t looked it up either. It’s must be a small subset of players. The only one in college football that comes to mind is Troy Anderson. He’s started as a true freshman and though his junior year until he got hurt. It’s a tough thing for any athlete to do without getting hurt.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:
Why do you think he’s not “fast enough”? Which DBs are faster? Who would you “sub” in for RH on passing downs?

I believe graves is. He ran 11.5 100m in highschool and his hudl time was 4.6. Whereas I believe RH was like a 4.8-9. I think I would sub in someone like graves or any other taller faster safety/athlete. That’s why I think Rostad would be a good fit, 6-3, 210, 4.7 hudl time out of high school. The Griz don’t post 40 times for some reason. Possibly to cover up slow skill players, who knows? Yes I would definitely sub in a bigger defender on passing downs.

Robbie had a 4.6 hudl time but I like how you put “I believe” so you can easily back track on your absolutely wrong “guess”(made up fact?).

Jesse said:
SoldierGriz said:

I was asking grazzalies, it was his statement. I don’t think I’m the only one who can objectively see that safety is an issue. and maybe just maybe they have some athletes who are bigger and faster on the roster who would better fill the position for the over all well being of the defensive scheme. I believe that if you have the personal, they should be playing, I like to see situational substitutions, play aggressively to your strengths. RH started as red shirt freshman and I expect he will start every game for all 4 years. Does any one know in the last 25 years how many other Griz have accomplished that, starting every game over 4 years? I can’t think of anyone but haven’t looked it up either. It’s must be a small subset of players. The only one in college football that comes to mind is Troy Anderson. He’s started as a true freshman and though his junior year until he got hurt. It’s a tough thing for any athlete to do without getting hurt.

So now you’re concerned for his health? It’s all altruistic?

And why won’t you answer my question? You’ve been avoiding it like the plague….

AZGrizFan said:
Jesse said:

You really like to argue about near every thing with posters you don’t agree with, weird. The point I was making is that most college football players who might start and finally play full time is usually in their 3rd and 4th years and in that time of playing the risk of injury in games and practices goes up as opposed when they didn’t see the field their first 1-2 years. So a guy like Troy Anderson and now RH who will have started every game over 4 years is going to probably double the risk of injury. Which as I said “it’s a tough thing for any athlete to do without getting hurt.” I’m not being altruistic, that’s your lame poke at me trying to stir up any controversy you can for some weird reason only you know. I’m just stating an opinion that the longer an athletes competes the risk of injury increases, especially in college football.

let’s pass it back back to you now Az - attack me some more because I’m not altruistic or am not properly concerned enough with RHs health.

Jesse said:
AZGrizFan said:
You really like to argue about near every thing with posters you don’t agree with, weird. The point I was making is that most college football players who might start and finally play full time is usually in their 3rd and 4th years and in that time of playing the risk of injury in games and practices goes up as opposed when they didn’t see the field their first 1-2 years. So a guy like Troy Anderson and now RH who will have started every game over 4 years is going to probably double the risk of injury. Which as I said “it’s a tough thing for any athlete to do without getting hurt.” I’m not being altruistic, that’s your lame poke at me trying to stir up any controversy you can for some weird reason only you know. I’m just stating an opinion that the longer an athletes competes the risk of injury increases, especially in college football.

let’s pass it back back to you now Az - attack me some more because I’m not altruistic or am not properly concerned enough with RHs health.

I’m just trying to get to the root of your real issue with RH. And I’m still waiting on that list…..I’m assuming it’s so long you’re still working on it?

AZGrizFan said:
Jesse said:

I’m just trying to get to the root of your real issue with RH. And I’m still waiting on that list…..I’m assuming it’s so long you’re still working on it?
What don’t you get? I think I have already made my position clear; he’s undersized to play every down; he has a bad tendency to react rather then read the play. (See, 1:23.00 mark of the 2018 game not the 2019 you keep confusing it with) I don’t think he has the speed or athleticism/quickness to make up for a bad read or bad angle. I think he plies on a lot too, which adds to his stats and he is below average in coverage, which I attribute to lack of height and speed.

So why do you think he should be starting over any of the players names I threw out? Or probably not, you seem to just want to rehash a contrived controversy rather then discuss Griz football like the rest of the fellas who tend to post the most. Lot of pent up egrizers out there looking to whine about anything

Jesse said:
AZGrizFan said:
What don’t you get? I think I have already made my position clear; he’s undersized to play every down; he has a bad tendency to react rather then read the play. (See, 1:23.00 mark of the 2018 game not the 2019 you keep confusing it with) I don’t think he has the speed or athleticism/quickness to make up for a bad read or bad angle. I think he plies on a lot too, which adds to his stats and he is below average in coverage, which I attribute to lack of height and speed.

So why do you think he should be starting over any of the players names I threw out? Or probably not, you seem to just want to rehash a contrived controversy rather then discuss Griz football like the rest of the fellas who tend to post the most. Lot of pent up egrizers out there looking to whine about anything
It is you with the persistent whine about RH being recognized as one of the Griz top defenders. Your questions have all been answered here with data to support them. You remain in denial with 'opinion," based on nothing more than your self-credited football knowledge. RH will be an all-American safety before anyone comes close to beating him out of his job.

Jesus H. Christ, Hauck plays college football and starts at safety at UM. He’s good. Maybe not godlike, or NFL caliber. Get the fuck over it.

Excited to see what Rostad can do at LB.

AZGrizFan said:
Jesse said:

It's Jesse's girl. He wishes he had her back from RH's embrace.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yeah but the point is probably moot.

HelenaHandBasket said:
I am really starting to question BH's commitment to winning. He isn't even attempting to get the best players on the field.

Typically, most Division 1 coaches don't spend much time committing to winning. They often put less talented players on the field. Ever seen Rudy? Guy was terrible.

:lol:

kemajic said:
Jesse said:
My point is you have all these athletes who are bigger and faster and they and have a 5-10 one hundred and nothing pounds playing there. Wasting talent from that recruiting class imho.
Doubtful anyone there that could make more than 129 tackles. Robertson is bigger, faster, made 72. You are an idiot. Robbie plays just like his uncle.

I agree on the idiot thing. Robbie is a Griz because his dad is here, but he has earned his starting position. He’s got a nose for the football and plays with high energy. No nepotism here.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Ya but RH gonna end up hating that bitch and Jesse will realize he did him a favor.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGo-JHuCGc[/media]

alabamagrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:

Ya but RH gonna end up hating that bitch and Jesse will realize he did him a favor.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGo-JHuCGc[/media]
Good find; has to be the explanation.

Jesse said:
AZGrizFan said:

What I don't get is why you won't answer my question? You and you alone singled out ROBBY HAUCK for his failures in the 2018 game. I've simply asked for a list of defensive players in the 2018 game who Troy Anderson did NOT run by, embarrass, or make look foolish. I figured since you took the time in a Carson Rostad thread to buss roll Robby Hauck about a game from 3 years ago, the request would be a simple one. I'm not the one who made the assertion regarding his failures in 2018. But hey, if you can't do it, just admit it.

And it's pretty funny to talk about a "contrived" controversy coming from you. There's virtually NOONE else who has concerns with RH at safety, except you, and you keep wanting to pile (assumed) 2018 performance failures on a kid who's now 3 years older, with three more years of experience, with three more years in the weight room, etc., etc. Was he raw and unpolished in 2018? Probably. Is he materially better NOW than he was then? Without a doubt.

And when it comes to "who should be starting" I'll trust the folks who are there every day, day in and day out, to make that call rather than a keyboard warrior who just shits in the nest and then blames everyone else.

Back