• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL CBI TOURNAMENT for the GRIZ

82 79 GRIZ final
Well, "a win is a win" ... but it does not bode well for the Griz to be taken into overtime by a 14-18 team with a NET rank of 277. Hopefully they got the crap out of their system and play better the next time out. Otherwise, it's likely to be a short stay in Daytona Beach.

I feel like the whole point of the CBI is to let the guys who are coming back next year, take control of the game and give us a glimpse of what’s to come next year. I didn’t watch the game so I couldn’t tell you what happened, but I find it bothersome that Moody had 34 points and we had to put the game in his hands to beat a pitiful team like this. UNC was without their top 3 guys, and they played their opponent to a 2 point game. Like I said, we got a lot of work to do in the portal! I predict we lose to Ark State tomorrow

Can’t see the game, but it seems obvious which Griz want to be there and which don’t.

According to KenPom Presbyterian would have finished 8th in the BSC, below ISU and ahead of NAU.

It’s also a myth that everyone wants to play extra games. Some people just want to get home or end a long season.
True, happens every year with every sport as the seasons wind down.

Has this team EVER gotten the crap out of it's system and played better the next game? Honest question, as I really don't know.

This is old thinking. In today's college sports, you have no idea whom is coming back.
No what I’m trying to say is they should be giving the bulk of the minutes to the underclassmen so they feel good about coming back next year. I see what you’re saying and I recognize that not everyone’s gonna come back, but if you let those guys get all the minutes then that could improve the chances of those guys coming back next year

Decuire said the team had a flu outbreak in the lead up to the trip. That could be why Giordsn Williams wasn’t there today. They may have just left him home

Decuire said the team had a flu outbreak in the lead up to the trip. That could be why Giordsn Williams wasn’t there today. They may have just left him home
Haven't we heard this story before? Seems like we have. Unlike some others, flu shots these days are pretty well proven and reliable. Shouldn't they consider some preventative measures?

Sheesh!🤒

I saw him post an Instagram story while the game was going on. If he goes in the portal, I won’t be too upset about that one. I was pretty disappointed by his play most of the year
Flu went through team. Multiple players got. Giordan couldn’t travel. I’m betting Whitney. And Thomas recovering considering how bad the both looked

Saint Thomas will likely soon be in the portal. The three not playing for UNCo were Thomas, Abercrombie, and Reaves. Reaves is already in the portal and I think Abercrombie is out of eligibility for next season and they chose to play with the returning guys. The rumor is that Thomas got a big NIL offer from a high major program.

Rumors are flying around about others within the BSC who will be hitting the portal. We will know it when we see it. What we have seen so far, out of BSC teams players hitting the portal, is just the tip of the iceberg.

Back