• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

You're probably right, AZ. People are like basic math, lowest common denominator. I know there are no two, three, or five IQs, but sometimes I wonder. We'll see who keeps this topic alive past Saturday.

This is the official notification: I am not betting, and do NOT accept the bet.

grizindabox said:
poorgriz said:
Incorrect, on a couple levels. First, people that have recovered from Covid should not be getting the vaccine (depending on the time frame). If you respond by quoting an "expert" saying the opposite if this, I'll respond by quoting my own "experts". Lots and lots of super smart doctors and scientists don't agree with Fauci and the CDC. Second, this vaccine isn't doing very well against the delta variant. Take a look at Israel. That is a great example, because unlike the U.S. and much of the rest of the world, they actually have pretty good data on this whole deal. Our data sucks balls.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/20/1029628471/highly-vaccinated-israel-is-seeing-a-dramatic-surge-in-new-covid-cases-heres-why

Seems vaccination rate and lack of a booster are the issues, not that the vaccine isn't effective. Also seems that the vaccination is more effective than going unvaccinated.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/569730-covid-19-vaccines-work-misreading-the-data-can-make-you-think-otherwise

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-finds-covid-19-vaccine-booster-significantly-lowers-infection-risk-2021-08-22/

I was going to post the same thing Box, so thank you. Of course poor won’t believe it even though the article is perfectly sourced because he’s seen a doctor on YouTube

A Florida radio talk show host, Marc Bernier, who called himself “Mr Anti-faxer” passed away in the hospital yesterday. He was like the third covid denier radio host to die from it in the last week. These guys had listening audiences in the millions, JFC. Well, at least they died owning the libs.

Ps. Anyone know where I can get a few hits of horse de-wormer (just to cover my bases) I’m willing to pay top dollar because there has been a run on the stuff at all the local feed stores, dang-namit.

EverettGriz said:
grizindabox said:
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/20/1029628471/highly-vaccinated-israel-is-seeing-a-dramatic-surge-in-new-covid-cases-heres-why

Seems vaccination rate and lack of a booster are the issues, not that the vaccine isn't effective. Also seems that the vaccination is more effective than going unvaccinated.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/569730-covid-19-vaccines-work-misreading-the-data-can-make-you-think-otherwise

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-finds-covid-19-vaccine-booster-significantly-lowers-infection-risk-2021-08-22/

I was going to post the same thing Box, so thank you. Of course poor won’t believe it even though the article is perfectly sourced because he’s seen a doctor on YouTube

Wrong again, and this has nothing to do with a Doctor on YouTube. I have never said that vaccines don't work, in fact I think they are very important when done correctly. I did say they are less effective at combatting the Delta variant, and that NPR blurb and associated articles do back that up. So you have a country that jumped on the vaccination protocols early, had one of the highest if not the highest vaccination rates in the world... and then had a huge surge of positive Covid tests... among fully vaccinated people. So it looks like a timing issue, where the vaccine drops to almost zero protection after what, 6 months. So... now come the booster jabs. It would have been nice to know up front that everyone should plan for the initial two shots, then one five months after that, and another one five months after that, and so on. If you don't think the next variants are on the way, and that they're going to keep coming and coming and coming, think again. You will see this play our in the U.S. basically as it has in Israel, and possibly worse. I think it depends on how many people have had Covid already, reported or not. Yes I understand that there are a lot if unknowns with this thing, but I also know that the world revolves around money and power. Unfortunately that always comes into play when dealing with anything and everything. Last..... are you sure the vaccine is more effective than natural immunity from having had Covid? If so - please show me the proof.

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Wrong again, and this has nothing to do with a Doctor on YouTube. I have never said that vaccines don't work, in fact I think they are very important when done correctly. I did say they are less effective at combatting the Delta variant, and that NPR blurb and associated articles do back that up. So you have a country that jumped on the vaccination protocols early, had one of the highest if not the highest vaccination rates in the world... and then had a huge surge of positive Covid tests... among fully vaccinated people. So it looks like a timing issue, where the vaccine drops to almost zero protection after what, 6 months. So... now come the booster jabs. It would have been nice to know up front that everyone should plan for the initial two shots, then one five months after that, and another one five months after that, and so on. If you don't think the next variants are on the way, and that they're going to keep coming and coming and coming, think again. You will see this play our in the U.S. basically as it has in Israel, and possibly worse. I think it depends on how many people have had Covid already, reported or not. Yes I understand that there are a lot if unknowns with this thing, but I also know that the world revolves around money and power. Unfortunately that always comes into play when dealing with anything and everything. Last..... are you sure the vaccine is more effective than natural immunity from having had Covid? If so - please show me the proof.

the conspiracy that seems to keep people alive. it must be stopped !

argh! said:
poorgriz said:

the conspiracy that seems to keep people alive. it must be stopped !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't think the next variants are on the way, and that they're going to keep coming and coming and coming, think again

I absolutely DOOOO think another variant is on the way, because not nearly enough people got the vaccine when they should have, allowing the virus to spread and mutate.

And seriously, you really think Covid is about money?

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Last..... are you sure the vaccine is more effective than natural immunity from having had Covid? If so - please show me the proof.

Poor, let’s say it’s not as effective. Idk about the numbers, but let’s just say the vaccine is only 50% as effective as having COVID and pulling through it. Given that it’s FDA approved, safe for the extremely vast majority, and it allows for more freedom in terms of attending certain events, why is it that some are so hesitant to get it? It’s free. Why not? I’m not trying to cast any aspersions, I’m just trying to understand the mindset.

To me, saying, “Natural immunity is more effective” misses the mark a bit when it comes to not getting the vaccine. I’m interested in reading your true thoughts, and not those of YouTube docs.

EverettGriz said:
If you don't think the next variants are on the way, and that they're going to keep coming and coming and coming, think again

I absolutely DOOOO think another variant is on the way, because not nearly enough people got the vaccine when they should have, allowing the virus to spread and mutate.

Poor Kitty has been on this board for over a year volunteering ignorance about masks, vaccines and conspiracy theories.

Don’t you get tired of being wrong?

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

So you are insisting that it "drops to almost zero protection" based on what? Also, can you prove that natural immunity for covid is more effective? And if so, for how long? How sick do you need to get to reach natural immunity? This biggest take from the study is that more need to be vaccinated, and boosters every 6 months for at least the short term are recommended. And as for boosters, I think most intelligent people realized that boosters would be required, just no one know how soon. You are a freaking real life chicken little.

Mikey— looks like four more ‘experts’ are ‘owning the libs’ from the graveyard this month:

Republican official who mocked COVID in final Facebook post dies of virus in Texas

‪https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coro ... 76493.html‬

‪Anti-mask ‘Freedom Defender’ dies of Covid ‬

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/29/texas-caleb-wallace-anti-mask-protests-freedom-dies-covid-19

Florida radio host who called himself ‘Mr Anti-Vax’ dies of Covid-19

3rd conservative radio host who condemned vaccines dies of Covid

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2021/08/29/3rd-conservative-radio-host-who-condemned-vaccines-dies-of-covid-1390555

Phil Valentine, Tennessee radio host who was a vaccine skeptic, dies of COVID at 61

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/21/us/phil-valentine-dies-covid.html

grizindabox said:
poorgriz said:

So you are insisting that it "drops to almost zero protection" based on what? Also, can you prove that natural immunity for covid is more effective? And if so, for how long? How sick do you need to get to reach natural immunity? This biggest take from the study is that more need to be vaccinated, and boosters every 6 months for at least the short term are recommended. And as for boosters, I think most intelligent people realized that boosters would be required, just no one know how soon. You are a freaking real life chicken little.

Most recent studies show that natural immunity provides far greater protection than the vaccines, like by a multple of 13.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210830/Does-SARS-CoV-2-natural-infection-immunity-better-protect-against-the-Delta-variant-than-vaccination.aspx

ranco said:
grizindabox said:

Most recent studies show that natural immunity provides far greater protection than the vaccines, like by a multple of 13.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210830/Does-SARS-CoV-2-natural-infection-immunity-better-protect-against-the-Delta-variant-than-vaccination.aspx

But:

"Unvaccinated people who get infected are where we see the deaths occurring," he wrote in an email. "Putting yourself at risk of dying to have 'natural' immunity is not a great tradeoff."

Schooley also noted that these findings are limited due to a potential underestimate of asymptomatic infections. COVID-19 infections in this study were detected upon health visits via PCR testing. Because people with asymptomatic infection are typically less likely to get a test, this study may have been skewed more towards symptomatic patients.

ranco said:

Far greater protection, assuming you’re not dead, right?

EverettGriz said:
ranco said:

But:

"Unvaccinated people who get infected are where we see the deaths occurring," he wrote in an email. "Putting yourself at risk of dying to have 'natural' immunity is not a great tradeoff."

Schooley also noted that these findings are limited due to a potential underestimate of asymptomatic infections. COVID-19 infections in this study were detected upon health visits via PCR testing. Because people with asymptomatic infection are typically less likely to get a test, this study may have been skewed more towards symptomatic patients.

I saw this:

*Important notice
medRxiv publishes preliminary scientific reports that are not peer-reviewed and, therefore, should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or treated as established information.

EverettGriz said:

If you open your eyes, you'll see that Big Mask was behind this from the start.

AllWeatherFan said:
ranco said:

Far greater protection, assuming you’re not dead, right?

I never said nor implied you should try to get covid so as to have better immunity in the future.

However, the simple fact is that naturual immunity affords much better protection than the Vax- and at this point appears last much longer. In states that have vaccine passports, they should include un-vaxed people who had prior infections - at least that would be the science based aproach.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

If you open your eyes, you'll see that Big Mask was behind this from the start.

:lol:

Fvckers.

EverettGriz said:
ranco said:

But:

That's the point I was attempting to make in a previous post. Not a perfect analogy, but it's a bit like saying, "It's far safer to not get in a car crash than to get in a car crash wearing a seatbelt, so I'm not going to wear a seatbelt."

Another thing that makes no sense to me is: In justifying not getting the shots, the things people cite actually come together to make a great argument in favor of getting the shots.

So, if the following are true:
1. Natural immunity is better
2. Vaccines aren't very effective in stopping the spread, you can still get COVID
3. Vaccines are effective in preventing hospitalization/death (that's just the data)

Doesn't that mean you should get the vaccine? If it doesn't stop you from getting COVID, you can still get natural immunity (right?), but you'll just have added protection against hospitalization/death if/when you get COVID. What am I missing?

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

That's the point I was attempting to make in a previous post. Not a perfect analogy, but it's a bit like saying, "It's far safer to not get in a car crash than to get in a car crash wearing a seatbelt, so I'm not going to wear a seatbelt."

Another thing that makes no sense to me is: In justifying not getting the shots, the things people cite actually come together to make a great argument in favor of getting the shots.

So, if the following are true:
1. Natural immunity is better
2. Vaccines aren't very effective in stopping the spread, you can still get COVID
3. Vaccines are effective in preventing hospitalization/death (that's just the data)

Doesn't that mean you should get the vaccine? If it doesn't stop you from getting COVID, you can still get natural immunity (right?), but you'll just have added protection against hospitalization/death if/when you get COVID. What am I missing?

Why, you're missing "LIBERTY!!", of course.

Back