• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dance Team Raising Funds to Go to Big Sky Tourney

EverettGriz said:
fanofzoo said:
I would love to support the dance team but I spent all my money (what little there was) down in Mexico.

On a slightly different kind of dancing girl, perhaps?

Been there, done that but not this time, fish tacos and beer.

Thank god that the University isn't wasting any more $ on the cheer Squad. They get 2 or 3 brand-new outfits every year. Maybe just buy 1 new set of outfits and save the rest for the Big Sky tourney, which should have been part of the budget to start with. This isn't an unexpected situation. These $-sponging departments blow through $ on frivolous things and then ask for more donations because they don't think ahead? Gimme a break. When I was a student I drove myself to Boise for the NCAA tourney and slept in my car multiple nights on Spring Break. If you wanna donate $ to this cause, do it without bragging about it. If you need to come on here to tell everyone what a hero you think you are, it shows your real transparent character and motive, although this isn't exactly an epiphany in the case of one ego-maniac.

Zirg said:
Thank god that the University isn't wasting any more $ on the cheer Squad. They get 2 or 3 brand-new outfits every year. Maybe just buy 1 new set of outfits and save the rest for the Big Sky tourney, which should have been part of the budget to start with. This isn't an unexpected situation. These $-sponging departments blow through $ on frivolous things and then ask for more donations because they don't think ahead? Gimme a break. When I was a student I drove myself to Boise for the NCAA tourney and slept in my car multiple nights on Spring Break. If you wanna donate $ to this cause, do it without bragging about it. If you need to come on here to tell everyone what a hero you think you are, it shows your real transparent character and motive, although this isn't exactly an epiphany in the case of one ego-maniac.

The Dance Team achieved its goal and is going to Boise--no thanks to know-nights like Zirg. By the way, Zirg, the Dance Team is different from the Cheer Squad. You seem to indicate that you attend some games. Do you really know realize that there is a Dance Team and Cheer Squad?

Neither the Dance Team or Cheer Squad gets 2 or 3 new outfits per year. Why do you make up stuff like that? Do you want to make a nice bet over this subject? Put up or shut up.

Wow, as a student you drove to Boise and slept in your car? Big deal; many people have done that. Were you ever on a team of any sorts? How many times did your team drive somewhere on their own for a game/event, and then sleep in their vehicle?

Who's bragging about helping the Dance Team raise it's money? I did help them; they reached their goal. Feel free to ask any associated with the athletic department or Dance Team about assistance that some of us provide.

Contrast that with what the athletic department thinks of complainers like you who don't contribute any money or anything of value.

PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
Thank god that the University isn't wasting any more $ on the cheer Squad. ...
The Dance Team achieved its goal and is going to Boise ...
Strange post, but with the right resolution.

Not sure why anyone would pick on the Dance Team (or the Cheer Squad). They go through a very competitive selection process (and actually have to pay a "tryout fee"), work their tails off (with some risk of injury), and take a huge amount of time away from other activities. They used to get a prince/essly $200 per semester stipend related expenses ... but I'm not sure they get even that any more.

There's no assured "career" progression for any of that, so it is all pretty much something they do because they enjoy it. Why rain on their parade?

Like I said ... strange.

And just to be clear: I never took part in any of that sort of thing. I just appreciate the efforts of those who do.

Back