• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Darko-Kelly to play for Toronto Raptors

citay said:
This thread starts off with a huge distortion.

Darko-Kelly is NOT "to play for Toronto Raptors."

He is to play for their summer league team.

Beware of distortion. Distortion is the basis of propaganda.

You are an idiot -- this thread is quickly exposing those who don't understand talent or basketball. Playing on an NBA Summer League roster is as close as you can get to the NBA, with the exception of maybe the G League. I think he's the only NAIA kid on a Summer League roster. Every baller on the planet is trying to make an NBA Summer League team, as their play will be examined and dissected by NBA coaches, scouts, GM's in person during the course of play. Take your propaganda speech and shove it, meanwhile I will bask in the fact that I called it out on this Board a few months ago saying that Darko-Kelly was a bad miss by the staff.

Pretty sure I never said he was bad. What I said was he was a very good NAIA player, would have been a run-of-the-mill FBS player. Good for him that the Raps needed a body for summer league. I will be surprised if he can make a living playing ball overseas, but maybe in a smaller European country. The Griz didn't miss on not bringing him in, his overall impact would have been minimal.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Pretty sure I never said he was bad. What I said was he was a very good NAIA player, would have been a run-of-the-mill FBS player. Good for him that the Raps needed a body for summer league. I will be surprised if he can make a living playing ball overseas, but maybe in a smaller European country. The Griz didn't miss on not bringing him in, his overall impact would have been minimal.
Must be a conspiracy that 4 NBA teams gave him workouts and 3 offered summer league roster spots. You are stupid

CopperGold14 said:
citay said:

You are an idiot -- this thread is quickly exposing those who don't understand talent or basketball. Playing on an NBA Summer League roster is as close as you can get to the NBA, with the exception of maybe the G League. I think he's the only NAIA kid on a Summer League roster. Every baller on the planet is trying to make an NBA Summer League team, as their play will be examined and dissected by NBA coaches, scouts, GM's in person during the course of play. Take your propaganda speech and shove it, meanwhile I will bask in the fact that I called it out on this Board a few months ago saying that Darko-Kelly was a bad miss by the staff.

Let's be clear. He is NOT playing for the Toronto Raptors. To say so is a distortion.

Good for him to make it to the summer league. It is chapter and verse of summer league players who never make it to the NBA.

What are you, his agent?

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Must be a conspiracy that 4 NBA teams gave him workouts and 3 offered summer league roster spots. You are stupid

So mature of you to resort to name calling because you disagree.

citay said:
CopperGold14 said:

Let's be clear. He is NOT playing for the Toronto Raptors. To say so is a distortion.

Good for him to make it to the summer league. It is chapter and verse of summer league players who never make it to the NBA.

What are you, his agent?

Let's be clear everyone knew on this board before you told us that Z is not on the Toronto Raptors.. But thanks Einstein

citay said:

The propaganda and distortion is from you. Coppergold said “summer league” in his thread, clearly you and HHB have some strange grudge again Z. Pathetic that you are the one distorting and using propaganda to change truth. And to try and discount making a summer league roster like it is common shows both of you are clueless.
And Citay your self absorbing threads where you get a couple attaboys from your salivating friends are pathetic

wyomingriz said:
citay said:

The propaganda and distortion is from you. Coppergold said “summer league” in his thread, clearly you and HHB have some strange grudge again Z. Pathetic that you are the one distorting and using propaganda to change truth. And to try and discount making a summer league roster like it is common shows both of you are clueless.
And Citay your self absorbing threads where you get a couple attaboys from your salivating friends are pathetic

No grudge whatsoever. There just wasn't a place for him at UM and I agree with TD taking a pass.

I watched one of the best Frontier Conference basketball players in the 70s and played at Western MT. Any guesses. Hint - last player cut from Chicago Bulls.

Dillon said:
I watched one of the best Frontier Conference basketball players in the 70s and played at Western MT. Any guesses. Hint - last player cut from Chicago Bulls.

Ron Williams. He summered in Missoula too and used to hoop with a lot of the Griz during Summer pickup games on campus. He was legit — not as big time as Z Darko-Kelly, but close.

citay said:
CopperGold14 said:

What are you, his agent?

Not a Bay Area 2 or 3 star 6'2" guard who makes you think of Steph Curry and the new world order of basketball?

Mousegriz said:
citay said:

What are you, his agent?

Not a Bay Area 2 or 3 star 6'2" guard who makes you think of Steph Curry and the new world order of basketball?

My apologies Mouse.

I'm sure you regret that Montana ever recruited Mario Dunn, Will Cherry, Timmy Falls, Sayeed Pridgett and Robby Beasley from the Bay Area, let alone Kareem Jamar, Michael Oguine, Josh Vazquez, Brandon Whitney, Kyle Owens and Derrick Carter-Hollinger from southern California.

What were Tinkle and DeCuire thinkin'?

Kids are like curve balls--you never know how they're gonna break. Darko-Kelly broke right over the plate. Good for him. I wish him the very best. If he makes the regular-season NBA roster, that will be quite a coup. There are tons of kids who flew under the radar, only to blossom at higher levels of competition. He's obviously one.

Ya can't win 'em all.

citay said:
Mousegriz said:

My apologies Mouse.

I'm sure you regret that Montana ever recruited Mario Dunn, Will Cherry, Timmy Falls, Sayeed Pridgett and Robby Beasley from the Bay Area, let alone Kareem Jamar, Michael Oguine, Josh Vazquez, Brandon Whitney, Kyle Owens and Derrick Carter-Hollinger from southern California.

What were Tinkle and DeCuire thinkin'?

Kids are like curve balls--you never know how they're gonna break. Darko-Kelly broke right over the plate. Good for him. I wish him the very best. If he makes the regular-season NBA roster, that will be quite a coup. There are tons of kids who flew under the radar, only to blossom at higher levels of competition. He's obviously one.

Ya can't win 'em all.

First comment in the thread is that ZDK will play in a summer league game for Toronto. Huge distortion?

Did I say one thing about Griz recruiting him or not? I like (liked) all those CA kids you mention. No regrets for me.....if any maybe Falls. Of them, Dunn (wasn't), Falls (wasn't), Beasley, Vazquez, Whitney, Owens and DCH (have yet to prove to me) they are/were better than ZDK.

In my opinion, Pridgett, Cherry and Jamar are among the all-time best to play bball for the Griz. I think one of them even got to play in a few NBA Summer League games!

You can talk to oodles of people in Montana who were around ZDK's senior year of hoops, and there might be save one or two, didn't see an all-Frontier let alone national player of the year candidate at the NAIA level out of ZDK. Most all saw the same thing, a middling wing who was undersized and lacked the physical strength to compete at upper levels of college basketball. That is why he had ONE offer out of high school.

Not until he grew, put on some considerable heft in college and developed athletically, did ZDK become anyone. Even then, after his transfer from Western to Providence, there was still some questions as to what his upper level was. We can all say that he should have been recruited at that point, but why didn't anyone else offer him a scholarship from a BSC school? EWU? MSU? Weber?

Congrats to ZDK to putting himself in a position through hard work and tenacity to get a shot at professional basketball. This isn't a referendum on TDC's recruiting practices, this is all about ZDK transforming himself into an above average collegiate hoops player.

Grizfan-24 said:
You can talk to oodles of people in Montana who were around ZDK's senior year of hoops, and there might be save one or two, didn't see an all-Frontier let alone national player of the year candidate at the NAIA level out of ZDK. Most all saw the same thing, a middling wing who was undersized and lacked the physical strength to compete at upper levels of college basketball. That is why he had ONE offer out of high school.

Not until he grew, put on some considerable heft in college and developed athletically, did ZDK become anyone. Even then, after his transfer from Western to Providence, there was still some questions as to what his upper level was. We can all say that he should have been recruited at that point, but why didn't anyone else offer him a scholarship from a BSC school? EWU? MSU? Weber?

Congrats to ZDK to putting himself in a position through hard work and tenacity to get a shot at professional basketball. This isn't a referendum on TDC's recruiting practices, this is all about ZDK transforming himself into an above average collegiate hoops player.

Well said.

Back