• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DCH

GrizPony said:
Griz til I die said:
Do you at least know how many guys are coming in?

Heard at least two more seem likely.

Something like 1300 players left in portal I think. So now that Duke, NC, Kansas, Gonzaga, Nova haven't come calling I am sure a lot of these players are getting a little antsy to sign:) The schools that have a couple scholarships left would seem to playing a strong hand.

UncleRico said:
GrizPony said:
Heard at least two more seem likely.

Something like 1300 players left in portal I think. So now that Duke, NC, Kansas, Gonzaga, Nova haven't come calling I am sure a lot of these players are getting a little antsy to sign:) The schools that have a couple scholarships left would seem to playing a strong hand.

According to EvanMiya.com as of May 16th there were 848 players left in the portal. He doesn't rank Non-D1 transfers so the actual portal number is higher, but its probably moot as the number of Non-D1 transfers that end up contributing at a difference making level is generally pretty small (although 2 are playing for the Miami Heat tonight in Duncan Robinson and Max Straus).

This is a pretty good resource. He ranks the players according to his analytic formula so sometimes there are some head scratchers, but overall pretty good. If you go to the website on the left hand column there is Transfer Portal tab. Once you hit that you can then hit "Filter by Availability" then select "Show Available Transfers Only." This will show you the players left in the portal and how he ranks them.

DCH is #439th available prospect according to this website.
Going into portal late and not being highly sought after, it will be interesting to see where he lands.
I thought DCH would have a huge year this year and be a big contributor. During the BSC tourney he had the best demeanor and seemed like the only one ready to play, he also started the game on fire.
Best of luck to him.

The portal is very interseting as is the website posted.

GrizBall said:
UncleRico said:

According to EvanMiya.com as of May 16th there were 848 players left in the portal. He doesn't rank Non-D1 transfers so the actual portal number is higher, but its probably moot as the number of Non-D1 transfers that end up contributing at a difference making level is generally pretty small (although 2 are playing for the Miami Heat tonight in Duncan Robinson and Max Straus).

This is a pretty good resource. He ranks the players according to his analytic formula so sometimes there are some head scratchers, but overall pretty good. If you go to the website on the left hand column there is Transfer Portal tab. Once you hit that you can then hit "Filter by Availability" then select "Show Available Transfers Only." This will show you the players left in the portal and how he ranks them.
Thanks for this source. Very interesting.

Mavman said:
DCH is #439th available prospect according to this website.
Going into portal late and not being highly sought after, it will be interesting to see where he lands.
I thought DCH would have a huge year this year and be a big contributor. During the BSC tourney he had the best demeanor and seemed like the only one ready to play, he also started the game on fire.
Best of luck to him.

The portal is very interseting as is the website posted.
I agree. I thought he would have a solid year. Seems like a good kid. I hope he finds a good spot.

This is not a good situation, I believe they hung DCH out to dry. Just my opinion. Parker, Owens, Beasley leaving what appeared to be a sound, going forward team after 2 years together. I think it’s a coaching problem not moving with how kids want to play now. Wonder what Bannon, Whitney and Mac are thinking.

GrizWhiz said:
mtgrizrule said:
I guess he wants a lot of playing time. Step down in conference

I'm not sure the SWAC is a step down from the Big Sky. :(
Dude the SWAC is BY FAR the worst conference in college basketball. They consistently rank 32nd out of 32 conferences damn near every year. They didn’t even have a team finish above .500 through the regular season. The only decent team in the SWAC is Texas Southern, and they get stuck in the first four every year. It’s an automatic 16 seed play in game every year. Trust me, it’s a massive step down from the Big Sky.

Griz til I die said:
GrizWhiz said:
Dude the SWAC is BY FAR the worst conference in college basketball. They consistently rank 32nd out of 32 conferences damn near every year. They didn’t even have a team finish above .500 through the regular season. The only decent team in the SWAC is Texas Southern, and they get stuck in the first four every year. It’s an automatic 16 seed play in game every year. Trust me, it’s a massive step down from the Big Sky.
Upon further review, you have a point :D

Swallowsfly said:
This is not a good situation, I believe they hung DCH out to dry. Just my opinion. Parker, Owens, Beasley leaving what appeared to be a sound, going forward team after 2 years together. I think it’s a coaching problem not moving with how kids want to play now. Wonder what Bannon, Whitney and Mac are thinking.

That team that finished the year was hardly “moving forward”.

AZGrizFan said:
Swallowsfly said:

That team that finished the year was hardly “moving forward”.

Exactly my point. Why did it have potential 2years ago and after this year players left, starting with Parker and lastly DCH. How come they didn’t move forward? Very few offensive rebounds, slow walking the ball down the court, running the game clock down. Listening to Travis on the sidelines instead of moving the ball. Can’t blame the team.for no offensive game plan. I’m sure DCH is happy to be playing than sitting on the bench, which he was told would be the game plan. Good luck to him.

Griz til I die said:
GrizWhiz said:

The conference is not very good, but the .500 comment is a little deceiving. Most of these teams start the season playing 8-10 games on the road against mostly big schools for Buy Games. These teams (along with their football teams getting their brains beat in) pretty much are responsible for the school’s entire athletic budget. Often times on the road for weeks at a time.

For example, Prairie View’s first home game was the league opener January 8th. If BSC schools were forced to play their entire non-Conf schedule on the road against P-5 schools, not many BSC teams would finish above .500 either.

Back