• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Don’t Look Now, Dante Olson at 120 Tackles

Htowngriz said:
ilovethecats said:
stubbins said:
ilovethecats said:
I'm sorry, did you just say that Dante is going to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round? In the NFL draft?

He's not fast enough for that...will get a look in the draft, and if he goes, it'll be late.
Absolutely. Great player, great kid. He's friends with my friends son who threw javelin for you guys. So no slight intended. But if anyone is suggesting that he's a 1st or 2nd rounder I think they need to re-evaluate.

I like how a Cat getting drafted late and maybe making a practice squad in the NFL is now considered trash talk. :lol:

Almost as good as "best 37 in the state" (not true BTW). :coffee:
:lol:

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
stubbins said:
ilovethecats said:
I'm sorry, did you just say that Dante is going to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round? In the NFL draft?

He's not fast enough for that...will get a look in the draft, and if he goes, it'll be late.
Absolutely. Great player, great kid. He's friends with my friends son who threw javelin for you guys. So no slight intended. But if anyone is suggesting that he's a 1st or 2nd rounder I think they need to re-evaluate.

I like how a Cat getting drafted late and maybe making a practice squad in the NFL is now considered trash talk. :lol:

You new around here? :lol: :lol:

Valid point. :oops:

Htowngriz said:
ilovethecats said:
stubbins said:
ilovethecats said:

Wait, were there actually Bobcat fans saying this?
Nothing like adopting your rival's traditions to prove you don't look up to them.

CDAGRIZ said:
Htowngriz said:
ilovethecats said:
stubbins said:

Nothing like adopting your rival's traditions to prove you don't look up to them.

This "best 37 in the state" was actually promoted by MSU in their publicity. Tacky but true.

Childish Choate playing little mind games. Sterk is his pet (right behind Troy) and the kid has 8 sacks and 4 or 5 other tackles this year. Choate thinks he's a monster with maybe 15 total tackles.

Should send them a tape. They could see what a good player looks like. Dante Olson has had single games with about as many tackles as Sterk has on the season. I know he's 33 but 37 Sterk could learn from him.

Grizzlies1982 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Htowngriz said:
ilovethecats said:

This "best 37 in the state" was actually promoted by MSU in their publicity. Tacky but true.

Childish Choate playing little mind games. Sterk is his pet (right behind Troy) and the kid has 8 sacks and 4 or 5 other tackles this year. Choate thinks he's a monster with maybe 15 total tackles.

Should send them a tape. They could see what a good player looks like. Dante Olson has had single games with about as many tackles as Sterk has on the season. I know he's 33 but 37 Sterk could learn from him.

To me, it’s bonkers for MSU to start a campaign like “Best #37 in the state”. It’s like Michigan State trying to start a “Go Green” rallying cry. Watching MSU’s copycat garbage over the last 5-10 years is like watching a documentary where The Monkees actually thought they were just like The Beatles.

CDAGRIZ said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Htowngriz said:

Heck, they should just swing for the fence and declare themselves “the best Grizzlies in the state”. Choak probably believes it.

To me, it’s bonkers for MSU to start a campaign like “Best #37 in the state”. It’s like Michigan State trying to start a “Go Green” rallying cry. Watching MSU’s copycat garbage over the last 5-10 years is like watching a documentary where The Monkees actually thought they were just like The Beatles.

CDAGRIZ said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Htowngriz said:

This is very well done :clap: :clap:

Hey, hey, we're the Kittens. . .

Grizzlies1982 said:
... Childish Choate playing little mind games. Sterk is his pet (right behind Troy) and the kid has 8 sacks and 4 or 5 other tackles this year. Choate thinks he's a monster with maybe 15 total tackles.

Well, Sterk is not without other admirers. http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20191113105144290499904
Being #4 in Sacks in FCS (he's now credited with 11) is certainly a worthy accomplishment, and a big help to his team.

But apparently, leading all of FCS in number of tackles and being second in tackles per game (the #1 guy has played 9 games rather than 10) ... is unworthy of even a passing mention.

IdaGriz01 said:
... Well, Sterk is not without other admirers. http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20191113105144290499904
Being #4 in Sacks in FCS (he's now credited with 11) is certainly a worthy accomplishment, and a big help to his team.

But apparently, leading all of FCS in number of tackles and being second in tackles per game (the #1 guy has played 9 games rather than 10) ... is unworthy of even a passing mention.
Looked this up to post on another thread, then decided I should bump this one too.

Besides leading FCS in total number of tackles, Dante's 120 tackles ties him for third in all of Division I football. FBS leaders have 137 (nine games), 127 (eleven games), and 120 (ten games).

Back