• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Emotional reaction to Lady Griz shakeup reflects abrupt end of an era, formula

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
The act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related and similar cases or data that may contradict that position. Cherry picking may be committed intentionally or unintentionally.

I wasn't trying to confirm a particular position. That's the point.

Yeah, the dozens of thread you have posted on this lately aren't to confirm a particular position.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
I wasn't trying to confirm a particular position. That's the point.

Yeah, the dozens of thread you have posted on this lately aren't to confirm a particular position.

The cherry-picking comment related only to the quotes from the article.

I have a feeling this won’t be PRs last thread complaining about Holsinger before he ever coaches a single game.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Yes, which we can use your previous posts as a basis for your particular position, hence cherry-picking.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

What's the definition of "Bullshitting"?

Bullshitting
A writing technique in which the user bases an entire piece of writing, often an essay, around a single and often small, irrelevant and/or useless piece of information.
Skilled Bullshitting will allow someone to write a full essay about nothing yet make it look as if they know what they are talking about and are answering the question.

PR I don't know you, however you have come across very childish and almost borderline crazy with your posts about the new Lady Griz coach. We have all become accustomed to your name dropping and your smarmy attitude but this is a new level for even you.
I'm excited about the hire and hope that the recruiting net will be cast far and wide. In my very humble opinion once a kid signs they are a Griz for life.

So here's a question, why does nobody seem to care how many Montana kids are on the men's team but freak out if the Lady Griz aren't loaded with them?

Griz2k said:
So here's a question, why does nobody seem to care how many Montana kids are on the men's team but freak out if the Lady Griz aren't loaded with them?

Same thing happened to the Men's team around 35 years ago.

I have never understood the widespread desire for so many Griz fans to complain about the number of Montana kids, or Native American kids competing on our athletic teams. I live in five states in the past, and no other fan bases have an issue with where their players came from. My buddy from Wyoming, who is a big Cowboys fan, says that Wyoming fans don't care if a single player is from the state of Wyoming. Same with NDSU Bison fans about having North Dakota players. They just care about signing great players, period. It seems to be a phenomenon unique to Montana.

hunt-ducks said:
I have never understood the widespread desire for so many Griz fans to complain about the number of Montana kids, or Native American kids competing on our athletic teams. I live in five states in the past, and no other fan bases have an issue with where their players came from. My buddy from Wyoming, who is a big Cowboys fan, says that Wyoming fans don't care if a single player is from the state of Wyoming. Same with NDSU Bison fans about having North Dakota players. They just care about signing great players, period. It seems to be a phenomenon unique to Montana.
On this board, it seems this phenomenon is almost entirely unique to PR.

UMFan12 said:
hunt-ducks said:

There are people that only watch the Lady Griz and not the men's team because of the number of players from Montana. I met a few of them over the years. They just do not post on egriz.

TrueGriz said:
UMFan12 said:

There are people that only watch the Lady Griz and not the men's team because of the number of players from Montana. I met a few of them over the years. They just do not post on egriz.

Can they kick ?

Mavman said:
PR I don't know you, however you have come across very childish and almost borderline crazy with your posts about the new Lady Griz coach. We have all become accustomed to your name dropping and your smarmy attitude but this is a new level for even you.
I'm excited about the hire and hope that the recruiting net will be cast far and wide. In my very humble opinion once a kid signs they are a Griz for life.

Hey, I'm just getting warmed up.

TrueGriz said:
UMFan12 said:

If this is true, then they must enjoy losing, because there is no way a team can compete at a high level these days using all, or mostly Montana players.

hunt-ducks said:

I think perspective is driven, at least in part, from background. My roots in MT go back over a century, I lived in three other states from the east coast from the west coast after receiving my undergraduate degree from UM, and have been back in MT full-time for two decades. The Montana University System is unwieldy and inefficient in many ways, but has always operated in a manner that focuses on creating opportunities for all MT high school graduates. Wyoming, on the other hand, has one university fed by community colleges. MT is different than Wyoming in many ways. But in this context, while MT universities want to excel in athletics (and I want UM to win as much as anybody), I believe the focus on recruiting and developing MT athletes is based on MT culture and is understandable. I was a dip-shit kid from the Hi-Line who moved to Missoula at age 18 and benefited immeasurably from UM’s focus on MT students. I know the only constant is change but I hope we can continue to recruit and nurture MT students and student-athletes.

Griz1 said:
PlayerRep said:
Why is the new coach hiding from the press?

How do you know that?

My question would be why isn't the press interviewing him on a regular basis? I mean I have heard nothing from the TV sports reporters or the newspaper reporters. The lack of reporting seems pretty weird to me. I think if he wasn't cooperating with the press they would make that public knowledge.

It would be interesting to know his thoughts on how he feels the job is going so far in relation to his expectations, how is recruiting coming along, how has his reception been in Missoula, when does he feel he will complete his staff, what are his first year expectations, etc, etc.

He did a podcast with Riley very recently. These things are readily available. Love what the new coach is already doing.

He was already incredibly impressive in the interview.

HookedonGriz said:
Griz1 said:
How do you know that?

My question would be why isn't the press interviewing him on a regular basis? I mean I have heard nothing from the TV sports reporters or the newspaper reporters. The lack of reporting seems pretty weird to me. I think if he wasn't cooperating with the press they would make that public knowledge.

It would be interesting to know his thoughts on how he feels the job is going so far in relation to his expectations, how is recruiting coming along, how has his reception been in Missoula, when does he feel he will complete his staff, what are his first year expectations, etc, etc.

He did a podcast with Riley very recently. These things are readily available. Love what the new coach is already doing.

Here is a link to the podcast. Excellent, in-depth session with coach Holsinger. As usual, Riley Corcoran does an excellent job of conducting the interview, resulting in a good profile of the incoming MontanaWBB coach.
[media]https://twitter.com/VoiceoftheGriz/status/1390365846950744064[/media]

HookedonGriz said:
Griz1 said:
How do you know that?

The lack of widespread media coverage of Lady Griz basketball right now likely has little to do with a new coach. The print media in MT has been decimated in recent years. Lee Enterprises and Gannett have been poor stewards. The entire industry is reeling. Broadcast media in MT has historically been weak and scattershot. It’s hard to attract media attention on important public policy issues, and even harder to attract media attention to women’s basketball in May.

grizzlyjournal said:
HookedonGriz said:

Here is a link to the podcast. Excellent, in-depth session with coach Holsinger. As usual, Riley Corcoran does an excellent job of conducting the interview, resulting in a good profile of the incoming MontanaWBB coach.
[media]https://twitter.com/VoiceoftheGriz/status/1390365846950744064[/media]

He was a great interview from my perspective. Very honest, humble, respectful and I like all that he is about so far.

He addresses the roster turnover directly and was honest with the girls. He watched hours of film, talked to tons of people, had honest convos with the players, and relied on staff to help each of these girls find new places that will suit them and their careers well. Yes some of this was through zoom but that was due entirely to covid.

I came away extremely impressed.

Edit: has been on phone so much ear started bleeding, literally.

Skipped family trip to Hawaii to stay and make sure all is going smoothly in Missoula. Family went without him.

Back