• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU / WIU - Common Opponent

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz defense will give up more points to EWU than they will have given up in the 3 games prior.

Agree, but then again they’ve only given up 17 points in last 4 games. Incredible really. I think ewu scores 24.

marceagfan5 said:
EWU is much better than you guys are giving them credit for….it’s going to be an absolutely electric game.

I think we all agree they have a potent offense. I think we all agree (including your own fans) they have one of the worst defenses I’ve ever seen. Giving up 56 to WIU is an absolute travesty. It almost unbelievable really if I didn’t witness it.

dupuyer griz said:
I see we have an eagle fan in here, perhaps they can answer this question. How can they recruit some of the most ungodly amazing talent on offense and be average at best on defense. They’ve had some good ones, but if you took 25% off the offense and somehow gave it to the defense, this would be a very legitimately strong team. Their offense will take them a long way, but when they start hitting the ball control offenses with good defenses I have to assume at this point they are going to struggle.

No argument here…ball control offenses with dominant running games is where easterns weakness has been the past decade.

EverettGriz said:
marceagfan5 said:
No doubt our defense sucks… but… Easterns going to be much better than the GRiZ fans on here are giving them credit for it. We can compare opponents All day long… But it’s going to be an absolute battle when these teams play.

Again, I certainly don't expect an easy time in Cheney. Never is.

But as a fan, if you were presented the numbers above without knowing the names of the teams involved, what would you set as the line in the game? I think most people would say something along the lines of Team A -32. Now, no way in hell do I expect that kind of line or result. But based on the numbers....

I don’t disagree, realistically, assuming both teams win this weekend, I bet the spread is somewhere around 2-3

marceag how are your guys' injuries? It looked like one of your better receivers (Andrew Boston???) was in bad shape at the end of the game, and Barriere was hobbling as well. I'm sure Barriere's ok, but that receiver did not look ok. Anybody else we should know about?

Griz til I die said:
marceag how are your guys' injuries? It looked like one of your better receivers (Andrew Boston???) was in bad shape at the end of the game, and Barriere was hobbling as well. I'm sure Barriere's ok, but that receiver did not look ok. Anybody else we should know about?

EB3 is fine, the heat and humidity did a number for cramping and that was his issue…

Boston is unclear but appears he’s fine. It was a dumb situation that shouldn’t have happened, starters get pulled, our 2nd string gets absolutely run over for several possessions, starters come back in and we see cramping and injuries.

marceagfan5 said:
dupuyer griz said:
I see we have an eagle fan in here, perhaps they can answer this question. How can they recruit some of the most ungodly amazing talent on offense and be average at best on defense. They’ve had some good ones, but if you took 25% off the offense and somehow gave it to the defense, this would be a very legitimately strong team. Their offense will take them a long way, but when they start hitting the ball control offenses with good defenses I have to assume at this point they are going to struggle.

No argument here…ball control offenses with dominant running games is where easterns weakness has been the past decade.

Eastern has become the Texas Tech of the Big Sky Conference. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back