• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fall Camp Updates

CrunchGriz said:
1988griz said:
RUMOR: is Dante Olson playing/suffering from an injury? Maybe a torn ACL? Wish him the best if it’s true.

Come on! You can’t come in here and drop a turd like that and not explain yourself or where you supposedly heard a “rumor“ anything remotely resembling that.

Well it’s totally fake. #33 was out there running with the first team today and looked fine. No knee brace or anything. This seems to me like a made up post fully intending to stir up some fake controversy.

BWahlberg said:
CrunchGriz said:
1988griz said:
RUMOR: is Dante Olson playing/suffering from an injury? Maybe a torn ACL? Wish him the best if it’s true.

Come on! You can’t come in here and drop a turd like that and not explain yourself or where you supposedly heard a “rumor“ anything remotely resembling that.

Well it’s totally fake. #33 was out there running with the first team today and looked fine. No knee brace or anything. This seems to me like a made up post fully intending to stir up some fake controversy.

Fake News...... Liberals.....

Caught a bit today, seemed really spirited/fired up kind of day. There was a crap-ton of individual/team drills happening for a good stretch of what I saw so not much to report in terms of stand out guys. I did see in some team drills Toure taking a deep bomb to the house and JLM doing some of the usual stuff he does. Skill guys on offense were having some good moments. On the other side now that the shells are on and the LBs / DL can pop guys a little more, a few fumbles out there.

Coaches were firey, pretty colorful slate of language and encouragements haha.

Cam Humphrey seems to really be making strides, liking how QB is starting to show some good depth.

BWahlberg said:
Caught a bit today, seemed really spirited/fired up kind of day. There was a crap-ton of individual/team drills happening for a good stretch of what I saw so not much to report in terms of stand out guys. I did see in some team drills Toure taking a deep bomb to the house and JLM doing some of the usual stuff he does. Skill guys on offense were having some good moments. On the other side now that the shells are on and the LBs / DL can pop guys a little more, a few fumbles out there.

Coaches were firey, pretty colorful slate of language and encouragements haha.

Cam Humphrey seems to really be making strides, liking how QB is starting to show some good depth.

Awesome thx!

What's the position where you guys have your biggest battle going on? Obviously on our side the qb battle is all anyone is talking about. You guys have any of that going on?

ilovethecats said:
What's the position where you guys have your biggest battle going on? Obviously on our side the qb battle is all anyone is talking about. You guys have any of that going on?
The insiders I’ve spoken with have stated there is quite a battle for holder on PAT’s.

ilovethecats said:

Tough read so far, they're just 3 days in and yesterday was the first day in half pads. There really isn't a lot of positions that appear to be wide open except right guard on the OL and possibly running back.

All positions that seem up in the air have returning players, as camp goes on some younger guys could push for jobs, possibly at corner, safety, OT, edge... but it doesn't feel like there's a lot of "battles" for spots at the moment.

BWahlberg said:
ilovethecats said:

Tough read so far, they're just 3 days in and yesterday was the first day in half pads. There really isn't a lot of positions that appear to be wide open except right guard on the OL and possibly running back.

All positions that seem up in the air have returning players, as camp goes on some younger guys could push for jobs, possibly at corner, safety, OT, edge... but it doesn't feel like there's a lot of "battles" for spots at the moment.

Corner and Edge would seem likely to see a bit of a battle with Egbo out at corner and the lack of any edge rush last year. Mcginnis and Gradney are two younger guys making a case for their spots too from what I have heard too.

RayWill said:
BWahlberg said:
ilovethecats said:

Corner and Edge would seem likely to see a bit of a battle with Egbo out at corner and the lack of any edge rush last year. Mcginnis and Gradney are two younger guys making a case for their spots too from what I have heard too.

Yep, right now corner has the same two dudes starting from last year, Calhoun and Nash, with Hemphill the next guy up. The battle could be more for the depth and rotation, we'll have to see.

Edge, Grossman is continuing to hold it down, but you're right, some unknowns there and if some of these transfers or returning guys will push him.

Back