• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Prospects for NFL Draft

I saw a graphic that had him invited to minicamp as a Safety, but the image was put out the by Griz, so they may not know if the Giants plan to move him around.
Mini camp invites are extremely hard ways to make a team but it’s certainly better than no call at all. I’d be shocked if more than 1% of them make a 53 man roster. For one, the political aspect of going against a drafted player is an uphill battle, not to mention taking a roster spot from a player who has already been in the league.

Mini camp invites are extremely hard ways to make a team but it’s certainly better than no call at all. I’d be shocked if more than 1% of them make a 53 man roster. For one, the political aspect of going against a drafted player is an uphill battle, not to mention taking a roster spot from a player who has already been in the league.
Oh, you are so very right. I want to say that after mini camp, they only have 95 spots for the main camp, and getting that invite is a big cut of a lot of players. After that, then the 53 roster and some practice squad spots, and almost all of those 53 spots are spoken for. You may have 42 dudes competing for 2 or 3 spots, in my understanding. But, as you said, low percentage is better than no percentage. And NFL teams DO like to keep a hitter like Fouch around.

IMO mini camps are just a waste of time. I know they want a shot but tell your agent to find you a better deal.
You know more about this than me. What better deal can an undrafted guy be looking for? I don't know how they navigate that, or what they could use for leverage. I have never personally known anyone that was in that position.

Yeah, uh, the only reason they settle for camp invites is because they didn't get a UDFA option.

*edit. Sorry, see Bama beat me to it.
They may if they try to negotiate it.UDFA does not have to come the second the draft is over.That is my point.Just because they got a mini camp offer that does not mean its over they could still get one but if you except a mini camp your chances are not as good.

They may if they try to negotiate it.UDFA does not have to come the second the draft is over.That is my point.Just because they got a mini camp offer that does not mean its over they could still get one but if you except a mini camp your chances are not as good.
How do you negotiate an UDFA contract if no teams offering you one? If players are accepting minicamp offers, it’s cus no one has called to offer anything else.

How do you negotiate an UDFA contract if no teams offering you one? If players are accepting minicamp offers, it’s cus no one has called to offer anything else.
you have an agent who does it.agents send tape and information to teams to see if you can get any interest

Latest posts

Back