• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Freshman Contributions

UMFan12

Brandon Whitney had 17, Bannan with 13.
Whitney almost reminds me of Ahmaad Rorie. Veryyyy smooth. That hop step off the crossover going baseline splitting the USC trees was beautiful.
Bannan also looked smooth.
Fair to say we can expect a lot from these two. But what about the other 2.

UMFan12 said:
Brandon Whitney had 17, Bannan with 13.
Whitney almost reminds me of Ahmaad Rorie. Veryyyy smooth. That hop step off the crossover going baseline splitting the USC trees was beautiful.
Bannan also looked smooth.
Fair to say we can expect a lot from these two. But what about the other 2.

He's better going to the hole than Rorie already. Bannan is very skillled, if Clarke is anywhere close in his development he's going to contribute a lot. They looked more like vets than some of the vets.

I don't want to get carried away, but Bannon, at this point in his game, compares very favorably with the great posts have seen at UM - Ken McKenzie, Tinkle, Engellant, and Quale. I think he might be the most mobile and the quickest of the group.

I was struck by Bannan's mobility and ball-handling skills for a guy who is 6-9. He looked a little lost in the first few minutes, but as the game went on he looked like one of the Griz leaders.

Whitney was one of the best players on the floor -- on either team.

717s7e said:
I don't want to get carried away, but Bannon, at this point in his game, compares very favorably with the great posts have seen at UM - Ken McKenzie, Tinkle, Engellant, and Quale. I think he might be the most mobile and the quickest of the group.

His perimeter game is and ball skills compare nicely though I wasn't here when McKenzie played. High ceiling, those were some athletic tall trees he was up against.

Bannan knows how to play hoops, or at least O. I didn't pay as much attention to his D, plus SC had some very good tall timber

grizonbob said:
I was struck by Bannan's mobility and ball-handling skills for a guy who is 6-9. He looked a little lost in the first few minutes, but as the game went on he looked like one of the Griz leaders.

He wasn't the only one...... :lol:

Hoops watcher said:
grizonbob said:

If Beasely and Clarke are as good as Whitney and Bannan, we might have to ask, "Upperclass contributions to the freshmen?"

citay said:
Hoops watcher said:

If Beasely and Clarke are as good as Whitney and Bannan, we might have to ask, "Upperclass contributions to the freshmen?"

Whats scary is this is like a redshirt year for everyone...already thinking of next year...must stay focused .

fanofzoo said:
citay said:

Whats scary is this is like a redshirt year for everyone...already thinking of next year...must stay focused .

I don't want to wait until next year. :p SC just beat BYU by 17 and Mobley had 17 and 11.

Back