• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Full 2018/2019 MBB Schedule

If the players can go into Omaha expecting to win, rather than hoping to have a good showing, it would go a long way.

citay said:
UNDfan said:
citay said:
Hey, I've got a idea! Let's build a conference among small college towns within the least populous states and smallest markets along our northern border, and call it the Shithole Nowhere Conference. We'll hire Trump to promote it.

The name could be the Great Outback Conference. Australians are proud of their Outback but Montanas obviously aren’t.

Quit the pretense that U Montana is in a huge metro area.

No pretense. Just the opposite.

If you're a small-market school, you should seek larger-market partners, not equal or smaller.

My ideal conference remains the MWC--Las Vegas, Albuquerque, San Diego, the Bay Area.

I believe we should Go West, not Look East.

Already have a conference with big metros like Sacramento and Portland that has returned crap.

Laramie and Logan are smaller than Missoula but bring big time passion.

The only other mbb school in the Sky that is decent is Weber St. Ogden is not a major bonafide metro, but it actually cares. Lawrence, Kansas is not either, but it’s always a national power. Missoula is not your exactly in the running for an NBA expansion team contrary to your wet dreams. College demands passion, which means the dregs of the Big Sky are out.

UNDfan said:
citay said:
UNDfan said:
citay said:
Hey, I've got a idea! Let's build a conference among small college towns within the least populous states and smallest markets along our northern border, and call it the Shithole Nowhere Conference. We'll hire Trump to promote it.

The name could be the Great Outback Conference. Australians are proud of their Outback but Montanas obviously aren’t.

If you're a small-market school, you should seek larger-market partners, not equal or smaller.

My ideal conference remains the MWC--Las Vegas, Albuquerque, San Diego, the Bay Area.

Already have a conference with big metros like Sacramento and Portland that has returned crap.

The only other mbb school in the Sky that is decent is Weber St. Ogden is not a major bonafide metro, but it actually cares. Lawrence, Kansas is not either, but it’s always a national power. Missoula is not your exactly in the running for an NBA expansion team contrary to your wet dreams. College demands passion, which means the dregs of the Big Sky are out.

We're not interested in joining your one-bid corn conference. NCAA appearances are what matter for growing a program. If the BSC is as bad as you say, it would make ZERO sense to join a "stronger" one-bid conference.

Hope that helps.

CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
citay said:
UNDfan said:

We're not interested in joining your one-bid corn conference. NCAA appearances are what matter for growing a program. If the BSC is as bad as you say, it would make ZERO sense to join a "stronger" one-bid conference.

Hope that helps.
The one bid Big Sky used to be a conference with possibilities for two bids. That doesn’t happen anymore as there as too many dregs in it like NAU, SUU, Sac St, and Portland St.

The conference I outlined wouldn’t have dregs and would be have MVC level competition. But since it’s a corn conference one state to the east, Griz fans wouldn’t like a possibility of another bid or vastly better fb.

UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
citay said:

Hope that helps.
The one bid Big Sky used to be a conference with possibilities for two bids. That doesn’t happen anymore as there as too many dregs in it like NAU, SUU, Sac St, and Portland St.

The conference I outlined wouldn’t have dregs and would be have MVC level competition. But since it’s a corn conference one state to the east, Griz fans wouldn’t like a possibility of another bid or vastly better fb.

When was that?

CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

Hope that helps.

When was that?

CDA, you beat me to asking that very question. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

Hope that helps.

When was that?
From 1969-82 there were five times the Big Sky got to the Sweet Sixteen. All of them were either Idaho, Montana, Idaho St or Weber St. If the Big Sky regular season champion did not win the BS tournament, that team would have gotten serious consideration. The loss of Gonzaga, Boise St and Nevada didn’t make any difference. But the additions of SUU, Sac St, Northridge St, Portland St, UNC, and EWU dragged the conference down to DII levels that even the higher RPI teams can’t recover from. The BSC lost mbb respect nationally more than a generation ago.

UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Hope that helps.

When was that?
From 1969-82 there were five times the Big Sky got to the Sweet Sixteen. All of them were either Idaho, Montana, Idaho St or Weber St. If the Big Sky regular season champion did not win the BS tournament, that team would have gotten serious consideration. The loss of Gonzaga, Boise St and Nevada didn’t make any difference. But the additions of SUU, Sac St, Portland St, UNC, and EWU dragged the conference down to DII levels that even the higher RPI teams can’t recover from. The BSC lost mbb respect nationally more than a generation ago.

Haha, ok. If only they could've foreseen the one-bid corn conference calling 30-50 years later!

Don't be an idiot. Whenever faced with a decision, ask yourself, "Would an idiot do this?" If the answer is yes, don't do that thing.

CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

When was that?
From 1969-82 there were five times the Big Sky got to the Sweet Sixteen. All of them were either Idaho, Montana, Idaho St or Weber St. If the Big Sky regular season champion did not win the BS tournament, that team would have gotten serious consideration. The loss of Gonzaga, Boise St and Nevada didn’t make any difference. But the additions of SUU, Sac St, Portland St, UNC, and EWU dragged the conference down to DII levels that even the higher RPI teams can’t recover from. The BSC lost mbb respect nationally more than a generation ago.

Haha, ok. If only they could've foreseen the one-bid corn conference calling 30-50 years later!

Don't be an idiot. Whenever faced with a decision, ask yourself, "Would an idiot do this?" If the answer is yes, don't do that thing.
So I ask you the same question.

Would the Big Sky honestly have preferred Sac St, Portland St, Northridge St, SUU and UNC over UND, NDSU, SDSU, USD and Denver?

Only an idiot would pick the first set.

UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
When was that?

Would the Big Sky honestly have preferred Sac St, Portland St, Northridge St, SUU and UNC over UND, NDSU, SDSU, USD and Denver?

Are you sure about that?
So, I go back to my original point: Why, when NCAA Tournament appearances matter the most when trying to build a program, would anyone want to join what you deem a "stronger" one-bid conference? We've done a full circle now on your reasoning. Shall we go around again, or do you want to go to Omatucky's board to try to convince them?

CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

Are you sure about that?
So, I go back to my original point: Why, when NCAA Tournament appearances matter the most when trying to build a program, would anyone want to join what you deem a "stronger" one-bid conference? We've done a full circle now on your reasoning. Shall we go around again, or do you want to go to Omatucky's board to try to convince them?

Playing in third rate Jr High Gyms or actual college venues? Which would college recruits pick?

Thought this was the Omatucky board.

UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Are you sure about that?

Playing in third rate Jr High Gyms or actual college venues? Which would college recruits pick?

Thought this was the Omatucky board.

K. We will see if UM or NDSU-Northern has more NCAA Tournament appearances in the next ten years. Best of luck, kid, best of luck.

So, we're a month away from Georgia State, why can't we buy tickets yet? Are they holding out hope for more Season Ticket purchases? Seems backwards that we can buy Lady Griz Tickets but not for the Men's...

Street and Smith's 2018 College Annual actually had some very good things to say about the BSC and it's 4 20 game winners last year. It mentioned both improved recruiting and scheduling as reasons for the Conference rising to 17th best conference in the country! That's up 10 places from just a few years ago.

All of this suggest a Basketball Conference that is on the rise faster than competing conferences throughout the country and particularly in this area.

Gaeilge1 said:
Street and Smith's 2018 College Annual actually had some very good things to say about the BSC and it's 4 20 game winners last year. It mentioned both improved recruiting and scheduling as reasons for the Conference rising to 17th best conference in the country! That's up 10 places from just a few years ago.

All of this suggest a Basketball Conference that is on the rise faster than competing conferences throughout the country and particularly in this area.

I think that is evidenced in how competitive BSC teams have been with top conference teams in the last few years as compared to the ass-kickings we took back with 6 - 8 years ago.

Back