• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Grade Coach Hauck's 2019 Recruiting Class

alabamagrizzly said:
grizband said:
In relation to filling areas of need: B
- Hauck signed a few offensive linemen, which is clearly an area of need for the Griz. The 2019 class includes at least one player from every position (except DT), and includes some of the top in-state talent.

In relation to expected performance: Who knows
- Recruit classes cannot really be assessed until 3-4 years in, when most of the people from the class are upperclassmen.

I’m guessing Garrison Poetzl will become a DT. Plus it’s widely speculated by the “experts” on eGriz that Esai Longoria and possibly Cy Sirmon will shift back to the D next year. If Longoria moved over to the O to build depth, then it’s only logical for him to return where depth is now a much bigger need. Sirmon’s a bigger question being that he started the last half of the year. With Kordell Pillans now here though, there’s a possible replacement.

I’ve been one of those speculating, but hardly an expert. Just seems like it would make common sense...especially since Longoria rarely saw the field on the offensive side...wasted an entire year.

Clearly missed on Ross & Trev Lawrence. I’ve bitched for years about Montana recruiting falling off east of Sidney.

Not “speculating” on Sirmon. Kid came in as a backer @ 220. He’s not heavy enough, so just leave him @ 270-280 & you’ve got a great bookend for Sims.

alabamagrizzly said:
grizband said:
In relation to filling areas of need: B
- Hauck signed a few offensive linemen, which is clearly an area of need for the Griz. The 2019 class includes at least one player from every position (except DT), and includes some of the top in-state talent.

In relation to expected performance: Who knows
- Recruit classes cannot really be assessed until 3-4 years in, when most of the people from the class are upperclassmen.

I’m guessing Garrison Poetzl will become a DT. Plus it’s widely speculated by the “experts” on eGriz that Esai Longoria and possibly Cy Sirmon will shift back to the D next year. If Longoria moved over to the O to build depth, then it’s only logical for him to return where depth is now a much bigger need. Sirmon’s a bigger question being that he started the last half of the year. With Kordell Pillans now here though, there’s a possible replacement.

I am hearing Sirmon has a legit chance to stay OL, possibly Center.

sdk.catfish said:
Just a question. Does 247 or Rivals or others do an assessment of FCS recruiting? The FBS assessment is already out but I don't see anything comparable for FCS.

Hero Sports has been doing something similar last few years. I know Mclaughlin there is very impressed with the class the Griz have brought in. They typically just look at stars and he’s starting to realize a lot of these MT kids who don’t get a star should have a couple. With that said there are still a good number of 3 Star and 2 Star kids who committed (9 of them)

bgbigdog said:
Clearly missed on Ross & Trev Lawrence. I’ve bitched for years about Montana recruiting falling off east of Sidney.

Not “speculating” on Sirmon. Kid came in as a backer @ 220. He’s not heavy enough, so just leave him @ 270-280 & you’ve got a great bookend for Sims.

:lol: :clap:

SaskGriz said:
bgbigdog said:

:lol: :clap:

i like the idea of Sirmon on defense as well....he and Myer had their challenges on the 0-line last year.

Back