• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz d

mthoopsfan said:
Westcoastfan said:
Overrated

Griz D gave up no TD’s until the backups were in. Two TD’s in last 5 or so minutes of game. The Griz D is terrific. 2 starters were out. A third went out after a few plays. At this point of the season, the Cats wouldn’t be able to score a TD against the first team D.

:lol:

I was with you almost through your entire post….

ilovethecats said:
mthoopsfan said:
Griz D gave up no TD’s until the backups were in. Two TD’s in last 5 or so minutes of game. The Griz D is terrific. 2 starters were out. A third went out after a few plays. At this point of the season, the Cats wouldn’t be able to score a TD against the first team D.

:lol:

I was with you almost through your entire post….

You're on the Oregon Coast too?

Interesting stat: Griz D has given up consecutively MORE points as the season has progressed:

AZGrizFan said:
Interesting stat: Griz D has given up consecutively MORE points as the season has progressed:

Are those stats for Griz D or for the Griz?

All TD's by opponents have been scored in 4th quarter, except: Indiana St. scored on 54 yard run after coaches didn't get defensive call in on time, and PSU (2). One was the KO that wasn't fielded and recovered on the 22.

So, in my view, the D is really only responsible for 1.5 TD's, except in the 4th Q. One was a PSU drive. The .5 was the late signal by the coaches.

In the 4th Q, the scores came at 6:21, 8:33 (15 yard fumble recovery), 5:01, and 0:56.

The Griz D, especially first team D, is kicking ass, in every game.

If I missed something, please correct.

Back