• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Southern Cats Predictions

Silenoz said:
Cuervohola said:
Silenoz said:
WSU 27 - UM 13

Are people seriously trying to dismiss Weber's schedule?

What schedule? The 3 common opponents have them beating Sac while the Griz got their wake up call in that game, then they beat UCD by 16 while the Griz won by 25, and they beat Idaho by 6 while the Griz won by 25.

Weber beat Northern Iowa, but Northern Iowa has only beaten one team with a winning record.

If you have something to add that I'm missing...
Two top ten wins, a win against playoff bound UND, a win on the road against UC Davis, and two close games against quality FBS.

As opposed to use beating a playoff Big South team, a win on the road against UC Davis, and... ?

And "wake up" call is one way to dismiss that game. I'd call it a straight up curb stomping. The same thing Weber in turn did to Sac.

If Idaho can put up 35 on them, what makes you think we can't? I mean, seriously?

Well of course we can. Any given Saturday. The question is how likely that is to happen.

I dunno, Griz fans seem to ride very high, or very low, depending on how the last few games went. I generally live in the middle, but with my mind on what happened against the last good team we played.

Silenoz said:
Well of course we can. Any given Saturday. The question is how likely that is to happen.

I dunno, Griz fans seem to ride very high, or very low, depending on how the last few games went. I generally live in the middle, but with my mind on what happened against the last good team we played.

That's fair. I honestly have no clue how this game is going to go, but I do think we match up well defensively with them, so hopefully we won't need to score 35+ to win.

Griz at home with all the hype, and a high seed on the line, I think Bobby has the boys fired up and ready to beat anyone. It'll be a fight to the end.

Griz 31
weber 28

For those that will be there, try to buy up extra tickets and donate them to the VFW or wherever you wish. Otherwise, the Weber fans might show up with all their extra wives.

30-28

Griz stop the game-tying two point conversion towards the end of the game. I’m feeling a defensive/special teams touchdown this game. Can’t wait....go Griz!

Home field advantage will be huge for this game. Just not enough for Griz to overcome Weber’s strengths. Weber executes well and appears to be the most physical team in Big Sky.
While Griz have put up great wins against middle of road Big Sky teams, Weber is a different animal. With the way Weber crushed Sac State (at Sac) and winning the OL/DL matchups, hate to say it but wildcats will control the LOS (on both sides) vs Griz on Saturday.
Griz RTD is gaining momentum in year 2 of Hauck, but not where it needs to be to be able to overcome and defeat this Big Sky elite wildcat team.
Griz 20
Weber 31

The Griz that played Sac State lose. The Griz that played the rest of the year win.

Based on what has been posted, what I've read in other outlets and comparing opponents and scores against common opponents one thing becomes very clear. These two teams are remarkably similar!

Both have good to very good defensive front 7's. Both have average to above average secondaries.

Both have potentially dominating O'lines. One has a better running game. The other has a better passing game. Both teams are deserving of their national rankings!

This to be a whale of a contest!!

I think the Griz may be the better team in the 2nd half and that will be where this game is won.

Griz - 35
Wildcats - 21

Buttegrizzle said:
I don’t know exactly why but I feel that Weebs just won’t play their best, like Griz did at Sac. And the result will be...

BLOWOUT CITY UTAH BABY!!!

45-17 Griz.

Hey. I was kinda close!

AZGrizFan said:
I’m going to go with the old standby....I think we win by 15+. Somebody has to say it!!

Griz 35
Weber 20
Well I was off by four. Still more than 15....

Da Boyz Mom said:
I'm not at all confident about this prediction but I cannot pick against our Griz.

Griz 35
Weber 28

Well at least I got our score correct. Who knew Weber was going to roll over and play dead?

Back