• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Hard is it to beat a team twice in a football year?

Thanks for posting the data. I find it to be very meaningful.

What it shows is that beating a team once in a year doesn't mean that you are better than the team you beat or are going to beat them again the next time later in the year.

To me, the data supports the phrase it's hard to beat a team twice. Because I have always thought that the phrase actually meant that beating a team once didn't mean you would beat them again.

I said this to some Cat posters after the Cat game. Just because the Cats clobbered the Griz doesn't mean the Cats are the better team or would be the Griz again. I then said the same thing about the Griz not being assured of beating Weber again. This is especially true if both teams are relatively equally matched coming int the game.

PlayerRep said:
This is especially true if both teams are relatively equally matched coming int the game.
This is a great point.
I think it was John Madden that once said "the team that scores the most points usually wins the game.

Back