• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How many undrafted free agent contracts will we see?

Wolf777

After no draft picks, I’m assuming we have one no brainer undrafted free agent in Gubner. I could see Walker and Hill picking up contracts as well. Cotton and Forbes seem like possibilities. It would be nice to see Nash or pick one up, but seems to me like a camp invite as well as Ramos and Benham.

Im guessing we have 3 maybe 4 that get undrafted free agent contracts and 3-4 camp invites. Thoughts?

I wish all these guys the best whether that’s in football or outside of the game. These guys were all so fun to watch, and part of a really special group of grizzlies.

Guess we will see. Jermaine Jackson out of Idaho to New Orleans is the only one from the big sky so far. SDSU with quite a few as expected.

"12 former FCS players were selected in the 2024 NFL Draft. Only 11 players were selected last year in the 2023 NFL Draft."

Below is the list of former FCS players selected in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Third Round:

No. 75: Yale OL Kiran Amegadjie (Bears)
No. 94: Houston Christian EDGE Jalyx Hunt (Eagles)

Fourth Round:

No. 119: South Dakota State OL Mason McCormick (Steelers)

Fifth Round:

No. 173: South Dakota State RB Isaiah Davis (Jets)

Sixth Round:

No. 199: Northern Iowa DL Khristian Boyd (Saints)
No. 208: New Hampshire RB Dylan Laube (Raiders)
No. 216: SEMO WR Ryan Flournoy (Cowboys)

Seventh Round:

No. 227: South Dakota CB Myles Harden (Browns)
No. 232: Texas A&M-Commerce DT Levi Drake Rodriguez (Vikings)
No. 239: Eastern Kentucky OL Josiah Ezirim (Saints)
No. 248: Holy Cross OL C.J. Hanson (Chiefs)
No. 256: Yale/South Carolina OL Nick Gargiulo (Broncos)

4/27
Brock Mogenson South Dakota ➡️ UDFA Dallas
Dashawn Gales SDSU ➡️ UDFA Cleveland
Winston Reid Weber ➡️ UDFA Cleveland
Isaiah Wooden Southern Utah ➡️ UDFA Atlanta
Nate Lynn William & Mary ➡️ UDFA Detroit
Hogan Hatten Idaho ➡️ UDFA Detroit
Jadon Janke SDSU ➡️ UDFA Houston
Jaxon Janke SDSU ➡️ UDFA Houston
Justin Strong Southern Illinois ➡️ UDFA Indianapolis
Jalen Jackson Villanova ➡️ UDFA Jacksonville
Jake Johnanning Furman ➡️ UDFA Las Vegas
Demarcus Governor UNI ➡️ UDFA Las Vegas
Zach Heins SDSU ➡️ UDFA LA Chargers
Marshal Martin Sac St ➡️ UDFA New England
Mason Tipton Yale ➡️ UDFA New Orleans
Jermaine Jackson Idaho ➡️ UDFA New Orleans
Lawrence Johnson SEMO ➡️ UDFA New Orleans
Mason Pline Furman ➡️ UDFA San Francisco
TaMerik Williams NDSU ➡️ UDFA Seattle
Hayden Hatten Idaho ➡️ UDFA Seattle
Garrett Greenfield SDSU ➡️ USFA Seattle
Rod Gattison, Western Carolina ➡️ UDFA Tennessee

So far, the experts/draft teams don't consider any Griz player worthy of a chance at the NFL. That may change, but that's how it stands right now. Conversely, the other team in the National Championship game had two guys drafted and I understand two more already have UFA offers.

All that's a bummer, but there's a flip side to that: It tells me that the Griz were a fully-dedicated team, one where, as the saying goes, "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." I can live with that.

So far, the experts/draft teams don't consider any Griz player worthy of a chance at the NFL. That may change, but that's how it stands right now. Conversely, the other team in the National Championship game had two guys drafted and I understand two more already have UFA offers.

All that's a bummer, but there's a flip side to that: It tells me that the Griz were a fully-dedicated team, one where, as the saying goes, "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." I can live with that.
I can accept that.

But how does the reigning BSC DPOY not get a sniff?

4/27

Stephen Hills South Dakota ➡️ Minicamp Buffalo
TD Ayo-Durojaiye Villanova ➡️ Minicamp Chicago
P.J. Jules Southern Illinois ➡️ UDFA Cincinnati
Jalen Sundell NDSU ➡️UDFA Cleveland
Julian Hicks Albany ➡️ Minicamp Green Bay
Brevin Easton Albany ➡️ UDFA Jacksonville
Jaaron Hayek Villanova ➡️ Minicamp Kansas City
Nick Torres Villanova ➡️ UDFA Kansas City
Isaiah Stalbird SDSU ➡️ UDFA New Orleans
Jake Kubas NDSU ➡️ UDFA NY Giants
Sam Schnee UNI ➡️ UDFA Tennessee

So SDSU has 2 drafted and 6 undrafted free agents, SD has 1 drafted and 1 UFA, NDSU 3 UFA, Idaho 3 UFA, Albany 2 UFA, Villanova 4 UF, Furman 2 UFA and Montana has 0 so far.

Doesn’t make a $hit ton of sense to me when literally every team in the final 8 from the 2023 season has multiple guys picked up by the league in some capacity and your national runner up doesn’t have a single one at this point worthy? Considering how many guys got picked up from the SDSU O-line alone tells me that Gubner deserves to be there considering how he stood up in the title game against them.

So SDSU has 2 drafted and 6 undrafted free agents, SD has 1 drafted and 1 UFA, NDSU 3 UFA, Idaho 3 UFA, Albany 2 UFA, Villanova 4 UF, Furman 2 UFA and Montana has 0 so far.

Doesn’t make a $hit ton of sense to me when literally every team in the final 8 from the 2023 season has multiple guys picked up by the league in some capacity and your national runner up doesn’t have a single one at this point worthy? Considering how many guys got picked up from the SDSU O-line alone tells me that Gubner deserves to be there considering how he stood up in the title game against them.
Is there a "flaw" in his measurables. Are his arms "short"? Asking the dudes who are draft followers. I'd think his motor and tenacity alone should get him looks.

Back