• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho State game day

grizonbob said:
PeauxRouge said:
Griz2k said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1097011168030294016

No pics from tonight's game so you had to resort to an old one against North Dakota?

I've noticed that with their articles. Assuming they don't have anyone going to the game so they use old pics? Weird considering it's not the right team we are plaing. Are there not AP images that can be shared.

Daily newspapers and the like can afford to subscribe to the AP and get their photos, but I doubt that SkylineSports can. They might be able to get photos from UM's news service, but it probably isn't providing them for road games.

No photos from the road, UM sports information or otherwise. So we use stock photos from shooting Griz/Bobcat home games for road games played in places like Pocatello rather than having no art at all. There are no AP photographers going to Big Sky games, particularly at Idaho State. So even if we subscribed to the Associated Press, it would not benefit us in terms of photographs.

I think using photos of the subjects written about is better than using generic logos like the newspapers do. But I'm open to feedback on that.

We have 1-2 photographers at all Montana and Montana State home games.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
grizonbob said:
PeauxRouge said:
Griz2k said:
No pics from tonight's game so you had to resort to an old one against North Dakota?

I've noticed that with their articles. Assuming they don't have anyone going to the game so they use old pics? Weird considering it's not the right team we are plaing. Are there not AP images that can be shared.

Daily newspapers and the like can afford to subscribe to the AP and get their photos, but I doubt that SkylineSports can. They might be able to get photos from UM's news service, but it probably isn't providing them for road games.

No photos from the road, UM sports information or otherwise. So we use stock photos from shooting Griz/Bobcat home games for road games played in places like Pocatello rather than having no art at all. There are no AP photographers going to Big Sky games, particularly at Idaho State. So even if we subscribed to the Associated Press, it would not benefit us in terms of photographs.

I think using photos of the subjects written about is better than using generic logos like the newspapers do. But I'm open to feedback on that.

We have 1-2 photographers at all Montana and Montana State home games.
Colter, use pics from the GRIZ basketball Twitter posts. Every game, they post pics pics or video. I bet, they'd be all right with it. It's worth talking to them about.

Latest posts

Back