• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Introducing The "Egriz Pen Pal Program (tm)"

You can have what you are asking for here simply by putting the jackasses on ignore. With a little help from the others here to NOT FEED THE TROLLS, it is mostly info and none of (my apologies to Ms.Maroon and Boyz Mom) the d*ck measuring you complain of. Life really is that simple. No need for the match game of egriz fans.
I’m very guilty of feeding the trolls. It’s more for sport then to be right though. I consider the entertainment value if it😁.

I have met many EGrizzers at my tailgate. I extend an invite to every person that posts on EGriz to swing by my tailgate and shoot the breeze anytime. At my tailgate, we enjoy entertaining visiting fans as well. Always look forward to meeting people.
Going to make it a point to drop by next season ...

I have met many EGrizzers at my tailgate. I extend an invite to every person that posts on EGriz to swing by my tailgate and shoot the breeze anytime. At my tailgate, we enjoy entertaining visiting fans as well. Always look forward to meeting people.
Why did I always think your tailgate us in great falls? I must have you confused with another poster.

I will absolutely stop by and say hello

Why did I always think your tailgate us in great falls? I must have you confused with another poster.

I will absolutely stop by and say hello
I have a tailgate in Great Falls as well at the Stadium Sports bar for the away games I am not attending. My home game tailgate is in lot "M" located 100 Yards from the foot bridge across the river from the Press Box. My carved Bear of Monte is always standing in back of my truck.

I have a tailgate in Great Falls as well at the Stadium Sports bar for the away games I am not attending. My home game tailgate is in lot "M" located 100 Yards from the foot bridge across the river from the Press Box. My carved Bear of Monte is always standing in back of my truck.
Oh, I know that spot! Thank you for the invite.

Do you have to be a griz fan?

And I do have a favorite griz player.
I hadn't really considered that. Sure, lets give it a shot. I may not randomly pair you, but I'm sure it would go a good ways to making it more fun for you and everyone when we randomly start arguing Griz/Cat stuff.

My plan is to put up a list tonight of who seemed to be in, and then as long as nobody says "hey buddy, take me off that list," then I'll pair it up this weekend and post it for Monday. Monday seems to be a time that there is plenty of people on here avoiding diving into the work day too hard.

Hey y'all, I'm sure you're wondering why I gathered you here today.

After some conversations with a number of people that I enjoyed, and after getting to know alabamagrizzly, he had an idea of helping other people connect the way we had, and making a sort of pen pal here and there among us. It has made Egriz certainly more fun for us, as we found some good common ground and have had some very fun conversations as we connected around Griz Football. Like many of us, we also talked about how much more fun Egriz is when it is in a more positive spot and not a negative place with people being kind of dicks to each other. His idea is something we both want to run with, we think the Egriz Pen Pal Program is a good idea.

Our thought was like Remember The Titans, when they had people talk. Sometimes, getting a bit more connection is a really valuable thing. And it would make anyone be just a little bit more kind even when you think someone sounds stupid.

We both also know that a lot of you know each other from long time posting here. I'm sure plenty of people don't need to know each other, but there are MANY here who only know each other as arguing football points and not as the Griz die hards we all are.

-------------------------------
HOW IT WOULD WORK
--------------------------------

1) This is NOT about doxxing yourself or giving personal information away. We are not trying to get you to share your real name or job or location. Conversations can be way more general than that.

2) When matched with someone, we will give you a template with a general starter questionnaire that is not personal. Think "Who is your favorite Griz player?" "What was first game you got to go to?" "What is your favorite WaGriz memory?" "Is there a fun activity or hobby you are doing?" We would provide a little template with questions, and you fill it out and send it to whoever you are matched with. It is a starting point, and maybe a conversation flows. Maybe it doesn't. No harm, no foul, either way.

3) Drop a response here if you are open to doing it. We will give it a few days, and then put the names down.

4) We will take everybody that is down to do it, and draw names out of a hat to match people.

5) If people want to keep doing it, we would give it a week or so and do a round two, and make sure we don't match the same people twice.

---------------
Conclusion
---------------

We just both found that we enjoy posters here more when we have a little connection. There are a good number of you that I would say I have enjoyed more after messaging and knowing you. It is a lot easier to share thoughts when you are not worried about random people coming at you for your Griz Football opinions, and I think the vast majority of people on here are kind people who can have those good Griz football conversations. Alabamagrizzly, and many others I've gotten to know, became much more real people after I got to know them a bit.

We both realized nobody may be in on this idea, and that's cool too. We figure there is a 50/50 shot that nobody is in. But it seems like Egriz can go through a lot of phases for positivity, negativity, drama, or whatever else. It is the off season, there isn't a lot to talk about, and maybe this is a good way to keep the tone going in the right direction.
Oh gee, I'd love to be a little birdie listening to all of the powerful and objective football talk among you "good posters". Hilarious! Save yourself the effort and just gather on some social media site.

This entire sad effort is the result of being embarrassed by a few posters who like to actually discuss the good AND BAD about the Grizzly football program. It's a "take my ball and go home" from a few posters who run from engaging in alternative points-of-view from the Kool-Aid drinkers. This a freaking athletic message board. It is NOT meant to be a flowers-and-roses place to back-slap and discourage objective discussion.

You realize, of course, Elrod, that what you are doing is just bastardizing the First Amendment.

This entire sad effort is the result of being embarrassed by a few posters who like to actually discuss the good AND BAD about the Grizzly football program. It's a "take my ball and go home" from a few posters who run from engaging in alternative points-of-view from the Kool-Aid drinkers. This a freaking athletic message board. It is NOT meant to be a flowers-and-roses place to back-slap and discourage objective discussion.

You realize, of course, Elrod, that what you are doing is just bastardizing the First Amendment.
I have a feeling you listen to a lot of talk radio and yell at kids walking to school from your front porch.

Putting the list of people who said they were in. If I misunderstood, and somebody wants in, just let me know. I'm going to get people matched up and post it on Sunday with the little intro questionnaire thing I mentioned in the OP.

People Who Have Indicated Interest --

Me
AlabamaGrizzly
GrizSpartan
3-7-77
MsMaroon
SwimmingGriz
Dmontanagrizzlies
Allezchat

Latest posts

Back