• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Citay a Racist?

HelenaHandBasket said:
dayday said:
Neither of you two probably get it. Both ignorant.

Who is two?

Don’t think you have been out of line. Strange for Citay to start this thread, he seems to thrive on this topic and it’s best to just ignore in the future (like many posts have been begging)

Presumably not a racist, but makes some non-PC comments that are sometimes called racist by some on the left and can subject one to cancel culture treatment. While I may or may not agree with those comments, I would not make them in writing or public form in this day and age. That doesn’t mean that I think his direct comments are racist or even remotely racist. Is racist to say black athletes generally can jump higher than athletes? Is it racist to say that blacks commit more crimes in the US than whites

Good point, bama.

PR, I assure you I am NOT on the left.
Your last two examples are objective, and verifiable by statistics. Citay made non-verifiable subjective statements, and presented them as if they were fact.
OK, bored, let's get this thread moved where it belongs.

tourist said:
Good point, bama.

Your last two examples are objective, and verifiable by statistics. Citay made non-verifiable subjective statements, and presented them as if they were fact.

I am not on left. What were citay’s 2 statements? Wasn’t one an opinion? LG need more black players.

PlayerRep said:
Presumably not a racist, but makes some non-PC comments that are sometimes called racist by some on the left and can subject one to cancel culture treatment. While I may or may not agree with those comments, I would not make them in writing or public form in this day and age. That doesn’t mean that I think his direct comments are racist or even remotely racist. Is racist to say black athletes generally can jump higher than athletes? Is it racist to say that blacks commit more crimes in the US than whites

If you are true believer that "cancel culture" is a real thing, then I am afraid to be the one that tells you that it is not just the left that is guilty.

PlayerRep said:
tourist said:
Good point, bama.

I am not on left. What were citay’s 2 statements? Wasn’t one an opinion? LG need more black players.

Then he should have included 'IMO' or "IMHO' with his opinion. Don't pass that off as fact. Subjective.

...if black is called african american...
...white sould be european american...
...why the white dude get a pass on it...

... :shock: ...

tourist said:
PlayerRep said:

Then he should have included 'IMO' or "IMHO' with his opinion. Don't pass that off as fact. Subjective.

Some sentences show opinion without your identification.

wyomingriz said:
I am not sure why Citay seems to be so stuck on recruiting black players, i want the best players regardless of their skin color. There was a post a while ago when he discussed women’s point guard for MSU being black, my first thought was “”is she’?” Then my second thought was “who the hell cares if she is or is not”....

I don’t know Citay at all and will not judge in a forum... However, he does skirt a line of discrimination against white players and i think should tone it down

Really? You're honestly not sure why Citay is "stuck" on recruiting black players? I legitimately don't know whether or not you are being serious or just purposely daft.

If I had to take a wild guess, it might just be because African Americans comprise the vast majority of the elite athletes in pro sports, especially football and basketball. That is not subjective opinion, it is FACT.

And yes, stating the obvious, teams should be recruiting the best athletes regardless of color, but the Lady Griz have undoubtedly suffered due to their historic inability to recruit African Americans.

gotgame75 said:
wyomingriz said:
I am not sure why Citay seems to be so stuck on recruiting black players, i want the best players regardless of their skin color. There was a post a while ago when he discussed women’s point guard for MSU being black, my first thought was “”is she’?” Then my second thought was “who the hell cares if she is or is not”....

I don’t know Citay at all and will not judge in a forum... However, he does skirt a line of discrimination against white players and i think should tone it down

Really? You're honestly not sure why Citay is "stuck" on recruiting black players? I legitimately don't know whether or not you are being serious or just purposely daft.

If I had to take a wild guess, it might just be because African Americans comprise the vast majority of the elite athletes in pro sports, especially football and basketball. That is not subjective opinion, it is FACT.

And yes, stating the obvious, teams should be recruiting the best athletes regardless of color, but the Lady Griz have undoubtedly suffered due to their historic inability to recruit African Americans.

:thumb: Nailed it!

They idea of Montana having black athletes out side of men’s basketball and football is not a bad idea. We celebrate these two teams and their success. And never seem to question how or why they do recruit black athletes. It’s not like the immediate area of the Pacific Northwest doesn’t have black female athletes that’s not even feasible. We have plenty black athletes on the male side from the northwest. I don’t understand, why it’s far fetched for the woman’s basketball team, or any of the women’s teams for that manner. Is there a single black women athlete for Montana? I just checked the rosters and didn’t see one. I thought volleyball had one but didn’t see her on a roster.

Happygriz1 said:
They idea of Montana having black athletes out side of men’s basketball and football is not a bad idea. We celebrate these two teams and their success. And never seem to question how or why they do recruit black athletes. It’s not like the immediate area of the Pacific Northwest doesn’t have black female athletes that’s not even feasible. We have plenty black athletes on the male side from the northwest. I don’t understand, why it’s far fetched for the woman’s basketball team, or any of the women’s teams for that manner. Is there a single black women athlete for Montana? I just checked the rosters and didn’t see one. I thought volleyball had one but didn’t see her on a roster.

I think one factor is recruiting budgets for women's sports isn't conductive to wide reaching recruiting.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Happygriz1 said:

I think one factor is recruiting budgets for women's sports isn't conductive to wide reaching recruiting.

I’m just saying the northwest has black female athletes. Why can’t we get those players? It might be a deeper issue but I think it’s possible to recruit those and stay in the budget because we don’t have to go far to find them. I understand Idaho and Montana aren’t very diverse racially but what about Portland and Seattle those places are a single flight away. Also not to take away from the recruitment of Montana players that is a very cool traditional thing that I love that Montana values

gotgame75 said:
wyomingriz said:

The fact that you guys are surfing women’s rosters deciphering whether someone is black or white is completely pathetic! Get a life. The undertone is political BS. Sounds like you guys have beef with Selvig? Bottom line is Citay is enjoying this forum carrying on like it has, he is probably counting posts like he counts “likes” on Facebook.

You seem to understand women’s basketball recruiting. If you had a clue you would understand it is much more difficult gettin black women to come to Montana than it is men. I know an NAIA coach in Montana that took 6 years to get his first and he tried very hard every year. It sounds simple to you but you have no clue.

In my opinion, and that is all it is, Citay is afflicted with what here in California has become almost a sport and that is trying to prove who is the most "woke" ..... happens all day out here in lala land and Citay isn't alone by a long shot.....Sad that our society has become this way.....

wyomingriz said:
gotgame75 said:

The fact that you guys are surfing women’s rosters deciphering whether someone is black or white is completely pathetic! Get a life. The undertone is political BS. Sounds like you guys have beef with Selvig? Bottom line is Citay is enjoying this forum carrying on like it has, he is probably counting posts like he counts “likes” on Facebook.

You seem to understand women’s basketball recruiting. If you had a clue you would understand it is much more difficult gettin black women to come to Montana than it is men. I know an NAIA coach in Montana that took 6 years to get his first and he tried very hard every year. It sounds simple to you but you have no clue.

Who's surfing rosters bud? I have literally never looked at a women's roster in my life. Who cares about a roster, just look at the court and the players on it! When was the last time there was a championship caliber team with zero African Americans on the roster?

I'm about to laugh you off of this board for comparing an NAIA team in rural MT to a Division 1 state college that has had 2 American American women on its roster in it's entire history. Two is a seriously pathetic number considering the woman's program has been in existence over 40 years. If we don't do better and keep up with the times, we will be a middling program at best.

These aren't "undertones", let me be perfectly explicit: Robin's inability/unwillingness to recruit beyond a certain geographical area is an unfortunate part of his great legacy that the program is still dealing with this to this day. It's not hard to understand why the rest of Big Sky caught up to us after 3 decades of dominance.

sacstateman said:
In my opinion, and that is all it is, Citay is afflicted with what here in California has become almost a sport and that is trying to prove who is the most "woke" ..... happens all day out here in lala land and Citay isn't alone by a long shot.....Sad that our society has become this way.....

What is "woke" about wanting to have a roster than can compete for championships? Because all-white rosters don't.

Latest posts

Back