• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Falls a net liability

CleanHOUSE said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Thank GOD Timmy Falls didnt get the starting job at PG for us this year. We would be in a ton of trouble, IMO he's either a very selfish or low BBall IQ player. He seems way more concerned with looking flashy...like dude you know you can just do two handed bounce pass, it doesn't have to be a one handed no look spin pass. So often chooses the low percentage play (lets do a try dunk WTF) and thats low IQ basketball. SO many plays with him end up out of control because he tries to do something flashy and it just ends up look SUPER CRINGY. Another problem is he wants to do more than he can, he wants a focal role,but to keep up and do that he has to redline his game which also contributes to things getting out of control. He's undersized and gets pushed around by D-1 athletes and the game often looks like its moving to fast for him. Think its pretty clear he's got the Napoleon complex or he thinks people only like him for his no look passes and if he does a boring pass his fans will abandon him LOL

If he would just play within himself and use his good passing skills wisely to distribute and play some pesky defense he would be a positive role player, but he sees himself as a big-time game breaker and badly want others to see him as that.

So this post was a question and not a statement and I open to the evidence, I admit I should/could have been more charitable in my framing but was just frustrated with what seems like a lack of growth in his game since Frosh year really...OR I should say more accurately the negative aspects to his game don't seem to be diminishing. And this is frustrating because he drawbacks appear to be 90% mental and simple fixes. Now he is a bit small and can get over powered and has a ugly line drive shot, but those are physical things I don't really have a problem with.
Anyway from reading all the post people made a lot of good points about the positives he brings, but at the same time most post presented those positives as "Yeah he has considerable drawbacks But some even better positives." So I think the consensus is that he certainly has significant weaknesses but his positives outweigh them and He is a NET POSITIVE....and I agree with this. I'll just close by saying I'm really rooting for him and he has a nice ceiling and if he made some changes to his approach his floor could easily be a lot higher and more stable.
I appreciate the follow up, CH. :thumb: I'm not a fan of critical posts on student athletes. They put a lot of effort out to represent the university and they're just kids. I was still eating paste at their age.

My view is that Falls should be judged after he has recovered from his injury and had time to get into top condition. He played very well at the end of last season. No reason that I know, that he wouldn't be at least that good or better this year. In my view, he has improved considerably during his years at UM.

There's a Lion within this young man, "“Perfection is what you are striving for, but perfection is an impossibility. However, striving for perfection is not an impossibility. Do the best you can under the conditions that exist. That is what counts.”..John Wooden

Net liability...no. Timmy is one of those guys who's helped elevate and maintain the program to the level where it is today. Have we seen his best basketball yet?...Nope.

From an opponents perspective, he's probably the most hated player on your roster and has been for a while. If you're a Griz fan that's a good thing :)

If your opponents think he's a clown, then he's a liability :)

Kabooom said:
Net liability...no. Timmy is one of those guys who's helped elevate and maintain the program to the level where it is today. Have we seen his best basketball yet?...Nope.

Agreed. He’s one of those guys who I keep waiting for the switch to flip....then again, it may not happen and we may NEVER see his best basketball....

AZGrizFan said:
Kabooom said:

Agreed. He’s one of those guys who I keep waiting for the switch to flip....then again, it may not happen and we may NEVER see his best basketball....

.....And the Griz recently signed Robby Beasley, a 3 Star recruit from none other than .....Dublin Ca.

Assist- to Timmy Falls and the Griz Coaching Staff ;)

Kabooom said:
AZGrizFan said:
Kabooom said:

.....And the Griz recently signed Robby Beasley, a 3 Star recruit from none other than .....Dublin Ca.

Assist- to Timmy Falls and the Griz Coaching Staff ;)

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back