• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Vigen next?

Paytonlives

Staff member
Taylor (Sac St) to Stanford
Jay Hill (Weber) to BYU
Baldwin (Cal Poly/EWU) to Arizona State

Is Brent Vigen going next?

Probably not this year. There’s nothing really left out west now that Colorado, UNLV, and Stanford have all been filled and I can’t see him leaving for an assistant job. The only reason Jay Hill left for an assistant job is because he got passed up twice at Utah State and he didn’t wanna get stuck at Weber forever.

Paytonlives said:
Jay Hill (Weber) to BYU

Taylor hasn't been confirmed, it's between him and Jason Garret based on what I can find at the moment. Unless some news has come out that I've missed.

I think Vigen will be around for at least another year, the MWC coaching situation has somewhat stabilized (for now) but might be openings in the future.

grizare#1 said:
Montanabob said:
Vigen stays for 4 more years

Doubt it’s that long, if he wins the chipper this year he could be gone, not sure why folks he needs to stay out west.

Look at his history. 6 years is normal for him and his kid will be a bobcat on the team that long.

Ut-Grizfan said:
Paytonlives said:
Jay Hill (Weber) to BYU

Taylor hasn't been confirmed, it's between him and Jason Garret based on what I can find at the moment. Unless some news has come out that I've missed.

I think Vigen will be around for at least another year, the MWC coaching situation has somewhat stabilized (for now) but might be openings in the future.
Jason Garret dropped out.

https://twitter.com/JasonGarrett/status/1601072644224270336

I don't see Vigen going anywhere until at least after next season, and that's if they make the chipper/win it at some point. I suppose there's a chance if they win it this year, he could be gone, but I doubt it.

Ut-Grizfan said:
Paytonlives said:
Jay Hill (Weber) to BYU

I don’t know how much longer K-State is going to be able to hold onto Klieman. Dude completely resurrected that program in four years (imagine that!) and is wrapping up year 4 of a 6 year contract so unless they lock him down he’d be able to get out of there pretty cheaply. That would be an attractive job for Vigen, right in his strike zone.

AZGrizFan said:
Ut-Grizfan said:

I don’t know how much longer K-State is going to be able to hold onto Klieman. Dude completely resurrected that program in four years (imagine that!) and is wrapping up year 4 of a 6 year contract so unless they lock him down he’d be able to get out of there pretty cheaply. That would be an attractive job for Vigen, right in his strike zone.

...Klieman is tearing it up and Vigen is in that circle, so it wouldn't surprise me he moves to FBS sooner
than later...I'm sure GameDay excitement put his name out there too...

AZGrizFan said:
Ut-Grizfan said:

You are correct about the fit at K-State.

Montanabob said:
grizare#1 said:
Doubt it’s that long, if he wins the chipper this year he could be gone, not sure why folks he needs to stay out west.

Look at his history. 6 years is normal for him and his kid will be a bobcat on the team that long.

His kid could go with him like Bobby did

It’s can be a good thing when coaches view your program as a stepping stone. I’ll leave it at that.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Wouldn’t matter. He’d still be coaching.

It’s the vim and vinegar way, after all.

funny-salty-meme.jpg

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:
It’s the vim and vinegar way, after all.

You guys just love taking cheap shots.

If a “cheap shot” is calling out a head coach who allows an assistant who is charged with his 3rd dui following a stop on a city street at 30 mph over to continue his duties,, then I guess I’m guilty of taking cheap shots.

EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
You guys just love taking cheap shots.

If a “cheap shot” is calling out a head coach who allows an assistant who is charged with his 3rd dui following a stop on a city street at 30 mph over to continue his duties,, then I guess I’m guilty of taking cheap shots.

Everett it is kind of hard to take you seriously when with your tagline calling someone out with an addiction.

Back