• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL Jaxon Nap in the portal

I had high hopes for Jaxon, but the game never seemed to click and slow down for him. I wish him the best!

Again, this is why I have been saying the HS recruiting path is not a winning one. You can recruit a few, but not at the percentage that Montana does. I am assuming NIL had nothing to do with this transfer. I am also assuming D-1 schools are not blowing up his phone right now.

This was a miss. D-1 portal transfers are really where Montana should be spending most of its time and energy.

A few things on his transferring.
I feel he wasn't utilized catering to his strengths. He's a more of 2 and 3 than a 3 and 4. Sorry, he's not a 4/PF.

I wonder, if he's transferring because his girlfriend is? If he transfers near her, then we can get an idea of his decision.

I wish him the best.
Just hope he doesn't haunt us later, by staying in the BSC.

I feel he wasn't utilized catering to his strengths. He's a more of 2 and 3 than a 3 and 4. Sorry, he's not a 4/PF.

I wonder, if he's transferring because his girlfriend is? If he transfers near her, then we can get an idea of his decision.

I wish him the best.
I wondered about the girlfriend angle as as well. When she went into the Portal, I thought about Jaxon.

I wish him the best.
There is no substance behind this rumor, but his sister is going to play for Weber WBB. Another possible connection.

I do understand the sentiment though because of how much certain schools have prospered in transfer market. Montana State, Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona and others have had significant success in finding transfers that have become impact players. Montana had success before in the market, but Travis's recent pattern is to recruit transfers that compliment his current roster and sometimes I think it is with middling results.

That being said, Travis's strength was and is recruiting HS kids. I think he's missed on the transformational players where Eastern and Weber State particularly have hit on them several times in recent years. Travis has brought in a lot HS kids that have been at least at league average players, maybe a bit above, but its been a while since we've seen that 4 year kid (and we might not again) with the type of impact that Oguine, Pridgett had. Outside of Pridgett and Bannan, he's swung and missed on every HS big he's brought in. I'm high on Davidson, but I'm unsure if he's guy based upon recent track record of TDC's high school bigs.

Money Williams limited run this year before injury gave us some inkling that he could be that guy and Thompson appears to have similar type of ceiling.

As for Nap, I wanted him to stay. I liked his game and the role he filled and he would've had a role here next year. He was an energy guy and played hard. I do wish him the best.

Even with his sister playing for Weber next year, I don't see him coming to Weber. First off, we have all of our grants tied up right now and that would just leave walk on options. Also, as was mentioned above, he is a 'fit' issue for us, just as he was for your team. If he gets with the right team, I think he fits best at the 3 spot.

Where did his girlfriend transfer to?

I do understand the sentiment though because of how much certain schools have prospered in transfer market. Montana State, Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona and others have had significant success in finding transfers that have become impact players. Montana had success before in the market, but Travis's recent pattern is to recruit transfers that compliment his current roster and sometimes I think it is with middling results.

That being said, Travis's strength was and is recruiting HS kids. I think he's missed on the transformational players where Eastern and Weber State particularly have hit on them several times in recent years. Travis has brought in a lot HS kids that have been at least at league average players, maybe a bit above, but its been a while since we've seen that 4 year kid (and we might not again) with the type of impact that Oguine, Pridgett had. Outside of Pridgett and Bannan, he's swung and missed on every HS big he's brought in. I'm high on Davidson, but I'm unsure if he's guy based upon recent track record of TDC's high school bigs.

Money Williams limited run this year before injury gave us some inkling that he could be that guy and Thompson appears to have similar type of ceiling.

As for Nap, I wanted him to stay. I liked his game and the role he filled and he would've had a role here next year. He was an energy guy and played hard. I do wish him the best.
As I said earlier, he does not have Division I talent. Hustle only gets you so far without talent

Young Soph developing player that has some very good potential...I guess now somewhere else, that's too bad our loss! When he finds his groove, will be a fine one to watch. Good luck Jax!

Young Soph developing player that has some very good potential...I guess now somewhere else, that's too bad our loss! When he finds his groove, will be a fine one to watch. Good luck Jax!
We will see how many division I programs offer him. I predict he will be playing at a lower level school. I too wish him luck, but talent always seeks is own level.

Even with his sister playing for Weber next year, I don't see him coming to Weber. First off, we have all of our grants tied up right now and that would just leave walk on options. Also, as was mentioned above, he is a 'fit' issue for us, just as he was for your team. If he gets with the right team, I think he fits best at the 3 spot.

Where did his girlfriend transfer to?
Macie to Okla State.

Back