• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL Jensen Bradtke Commits

The Aussie pipeline continues! Great to get some size too! Doesn’t have any collegiate experience but was coached by Randy Bennett which is always a big plus. 1 school remaining, let’s get an experienced big man!

Yet another player connected to the same Melbourne area club that UM assistant Clarke dad coaches.

Bannan, Hunter Clarke, Jones and now Bradtke.

Felt like this was a possibility once I recognized that Bradtke was an Australian and connected like Jones was last year. He'll fit in well here. Saint Mary's is a similar program offensively and defensively. A BIG GET. He's not as gifted offensively as Bannan was but can provide what Oke couldn't last year. He'll make Sawyer a thousand times better.

Yet another player connected to the same Melbourne area club that UM assistant Clarke dad coaches.

Bannan, Hunter Clarke, Jones and now Bradtke.

Felt like this was a possibility once I recognized that Bradtke was an Australian and connected like Jones was last year. He'll fit in well here. Saint Mary's is a similar program offensively and defensively. A BIG GET. He's not as gifted offensively as Bannan was but can provide what Oke couldn't last year. He'll make Sawyer a thousand times better.
Jensen's Dad was a 4-time Olympian and is in the Australian Basketball Hall of Fame. His Mom is a 1992 US and Australian Open mixed doubles champion.

I don't see him listed on the St Mary's state sheet. Must have redshirted along with another freshman (7-1). I am assuming that he has 4 years to play.

Represented Victoria in the 2023 Australian U20 Championship…Averaged 16.1 points and 6.4 rebounds per contest, while shooting 54.2% from the field and 47.6% from three.

God damn that's impressive for anyone, let alone a 6'10 guy! I know he didn't play at all at Saint Mary's this year, but this kid feels like a day 1 starter for us. I know we still have 1 scholarship left and I'm sure they're gonna use it on another big man (most likely with experience) but you can't deny how good this kids numbers are. This looks exactly like what the doctor ordered for the Griz! I'm suddenly feeling a lot better about next year now!

if Mack Anderson and Aanen Moody had a child
2nd pic reminds me of Bobby Moorehead...mistress perhaps?😄
i

Hey, let's not overthink this.
St. Mary's is a big-time national program.
Not Gonzaga, but not far behind.
They recruited young Mr. Bradtke.
Logical assumption: He has great potential.
A priori: This is a great get.
No question this staff can recruit.
Can they coach?
Defense, yes.
Offense? argh!
Just too many long scoreless stretches--and no apparent way to avoid them or get out of them.
And too much evidence of this over enough time that this is a verifiable cancer in this program.
Until that problem is addressed, I'll be happy to see the quality of our recruits.
But skeptical of our ability to turn that recruiting into championships.
Oh, yes. Pin this! Happy to eat crow if I'm wrong.

Hey, let's not overthink this.
St. Mary's is a big-time national program.
Not Gonzaga, but not far behind.
They recruited young Mr. Bradtke.
Logical assumption: He has great potential.
A priori: This is a great get.
No question this staff can recruit.
Can they coach?
Defense, yes.
Offense? argh!
Just too many long scoreless stretches--and no apparent way to avoid them or get out of them.
And too much evidence of this over enough time that this is a verifiable cancer in this program.
Until that problem is addressed, I'll be happy to see the quality of our recruits.
But skeptical of our ability to turn that recruiting into championships.
Oh, yes. Pin this! Happy to eat crow if I'm wrong.
In the limited sample size we have of Money Williams, I felt he was the one guy that could pull us out of a scoring drought. He did it against both Houston and Nevada, and against Idaho State in the one conference game he returned from. I think he may be our solution to that next year

The beauty of having solid post play is just that. When shots aren't falling, you can pound it inside and get a bucket. For that reason, teams need to have a threat to score in the post. It's the dimention that gets you through those dry spells. It also makes it easier to get open outside shots.

Latest posts

Back