• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Sullivan retained

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
I see that the current soccer roster has 30 players on it.

Go Lady Griz soccer! Would they be where they are today if the coach hadn't made some changes that first month? Guess we won't know.....but we do know he made those changes then and they are in the national playoffs today.

He's been the soccer coach for 3 years. His cuts sure didn't produce a champion his first year. His first two years were 7-9-6 and 7-6-6.

Prior coach was 10-7-4 and 9-6-5 in his last 2 years.

Completely different situation and results.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
4 and one senior electing not to take advantage of extra year. That seems like 4 and not 5 - 7. Not ideal....but a team that's struggled and new coach that wants and deserves to coach his own team.

The topic is cuts, not people leaving the program. Your number is wrong. But feel free to provide examples of a new women’s coach cutting 4 players the first week.

To brutally honest, if we are talking about individuals with Division 1 abilities, no "player" cuts have been made.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:
The topic is cuts, not people leaving the program. Your number is wrong. But feel free to provide examples of a new women’s coach cutting 4 players the first week.

To brutally honest, if we are talking about individuals with Division 1 abilities, no "player" cuts have been made.

Who do you think doesn’t have D-I abilities?

All of the women cut are players.

Unprecedented. The Holsinger/Haslam massacre.

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:

Shannon grabbed who she could because her reputation was out there, and travel team coaches were steering their kids away. She grabbed the three who have recently been cut.

Karsen Murphy is a great athlete, but basketball is not her best sport. Should she want to stay at UM, I would recommend she get in touch with Coach May, she is a leaper, and her best sport it track and field, certainly not basketball.

Bria and Joeynell are just not good enough. Both are very short and not very athletic. If I want to get insulting, they squatly built. They cannot move well enough to play defense against the quick guards of MSU, ISU, and Idaho. They are liabilities on defense and their offensive abilities do not compensate for their defensive liabilities. Dixson shoots lots of 3's. she has a quick trigger, but her shooting percentage is pathetic.

Please show me what D-1 offers these 3 had, besides UM. And please keep me informed as to what D-1 offers they have going forward.

So far Keller seems to still be on the team. While she did not shoot extremely well, and had too many turnovers, and is a little short, she looks to be very athletic. She looks to have the abilities which good coaching should improve on. And she is a Keller. You can't give up on a Keller.

I fully support the idea of qualified athletes from MT being on the team and hope there will be more. If you look at the current MSU roster you will find two Montanans with one more to my knowledge coming soon--that being the 6'6" girl from Big Timber.. Compare that to the current Lady Griz roster plus two more very highly rated Montanans coming--one from Helena Capital and the other from Billings Central. Seems to me like we are doing a bit better than our hated rivals in getting MT athletes but their record over the past several years is much better. Is there a message here?

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Shannon grabbed who she could because her reputation was out there, and travel team coaches were steering their kids away. She grabbed the three who have recently been cut.

Karsen Murphy is a great athlete, but basketball is not her best sport. Should she want to stay at UM, I would recommend she get in touch with Coach May, she is a leaper, and her best sport it track and field, certainly not basketball.

Bria and Joeynell are just not good enough. Both are very short and not very athletic. If I want to get insulting, they squatly built. They cannot move well enough to play defense against the quick guards of MSU, ISU, and Idaho. They are liabilities on defense and their offensive abilities do not compensate for their defensive liabilities. Dixson shoots lots of 3's. she has a quick trigger, but her shooting percentage is pathetic.

Please show me what D-1 offers these 3 had, besides UM. And please keep me informed as to what D-1 offers they have going forward.

So far Keller seems to still be on the team. While she did not shoot extremely well, and had too many turnovers, and is a little short, she looks to be very athletic. She looks to have the abilities which good coaching should improve on. And she is a Keller. You can't give up on a Keller.

Momberg is not short. She is 5'8". Yes, she is stocky, but she can move and is strong. Many Native American hoops players, including some at UM, have been stocky. Shanae Gilham, for example. Have you ever seen Momberg play defense?

Be careful on your comments on Native Americans. You are getting close to the line.

Griz66 said:
I fully support the idea of qualified athletes from MT being on the team and hope there will be more. If you look at the current MSU roster you will find two Montanans with one more to my knowledge coming soon--that being the 6'6" girl from Big Timber.. Compare that to the current Lady Griz roster plus two more very highly rated Montanans coming--one from Helena Capital and the other from Billings Central. Seems to me like we are doing a bit better than our hated rivals in getting MT athletes but their record over the past several years is much better. Is there a message here?

Wrong coach for 4 years, who tended to drive off a lot of good players.

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:

Momberg is not short. She is 5'8". Yes, she is stocky, but she can move and is strong. Many Native American hoops players, including some at UM, have been stocky. Shanae Gilham, for example. Have you ever seen Momberg play defense?

Be careful on your comments on Native Americans. You are getting close to the line.

If I cross a line on comments on Natives, I'm sure you will let me know. I certainly never intend to do so. I have nothing but respect for native people.

Nice article about Jordan:
https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/lady-griz-to-a-t-assistant-coach-jordan-sullivan-a-constant-as-montana-program-moves-forward

Latest posts

Back