• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kent Baer will be hired as Griz defensive coordinator

Nothing more than rehab for coaches who 'used to be great'. Like going to a High School reunion and seeing the ex jocks all sitting together talking about the good 'ol days. These guys, bob included, are making a desperate attempt to resuscitate what's left of their careers.

Honestly this is tough to predict. Maybe it all works out.

Or maybe the idiotic and entitled fan base doesn't have the patience to see it through. The cupboard doesn't have much in the way of bobby ball type players, and I can guarantee you the locker room doesn't have the right bobby ball mentality. It is not unreasonable to think it takes 'ole bob a year or two to get going, which will include all the typical departure drama. Can you guys stomach a year where you lose at Idaho, drop a third straight to the Cats, and miss the playoffs? Might happen. Tough schedule for sure. This place will turn on bob the savior so effing fast...

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

reinell30 said:
I am curious to know what happens when our Defense becomes a top 10 defense in the FCS with this DC. Who will step up and say they were wrong?

I won't admit to being wrong, because I'm certainly not saying that cannot happen. But I will come on here and (happily) admit to being very, very surprised.

There isn't a Udub fan who walks the planet that has one good thing to say about Baer's coaching ability. That HAS to be a red flag, no matter how much you love Bobby.

Now, if the defense sucks, will YOU come on here, step up and say you were wrong?

EverettGriz said:
reinell30 said:
I am curious to know what happens when our Defense becomes a top 10 defense in the FCS with this DC. Who will step up and say they were wrong?

I won't admit to being wrong, because I'm certainly not saying that cannot happen. But I will come on here and (happily) admit to being very, very surprised.

There isn't a Udub fan who walks the planet that has one good thing to say about Baer's coaching ability. That HAS to be a red flag, no matter how much you love Bobby.

Now, if the defense sucks, will YOU come on here, step up and say you were wrong?

I have already said that I will absolutely say I was wrong. i won't run naked anywhere, but will say I was wrong. I agree with Everett though...will you or anyone else get on here and say that they were wrong supporting this hire? I bet not.

There’s nothing “wrong” with supporting this hire at this point. Dude has impressive experience, and hasn’t coached a down for us yet.
To be “wrong” at this point would imply that Bobby made the wrong decision in picking Baer over someone else on the table. I have yet to here a better (and realistic) option from you guys, but don’t let that slow you down :lol:

Jesus, and all this time I thought you were talking about Max Baer!

Max_Baer%2C_Jr._1962.JPG

HelenaHandBasket said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
garizzalies said:
Dude has impressive experience

Does he?

Doesn’t he?

He has experience, not sure I would call it impressive looking at the results.

And your basing that off which results? Just the UDub job or his career as a whole? Must be just the UDub job because the rest of his results have been pretty decent.

HelenaHandBasket said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
garizzalies said:
Dude has impressive experience

Does he?

Doesn’t he?

He has experience, not sure I would call it impressive looking at the results.
So you must be in the camp who would prefer Ty, Shann, or BFisher? Compared to those choices, you’re god damn right it’s impressive.
Have we ever had a DC with this much P5 experience as a coordinator?

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky said:
Mining, Stitt is gone, likely selling used cars. Why don’t you go away with him.
Most of us are pleased Bobby replaced him and we are supportive of his decisions regarding new coaches.
Lighten up on Player. He has forgotten more about football than you will ever learn.
Stitt will be fine. I feel bad for the way he and his family have been traeated . They are great people. The fact that their terrible treatment is celebrated by ignorant fans like you and PR speaks volumes. It just proves that class is one thing money can't buy.

Now go get your pat in the head from the PR. If you're lucky he won't tell you a long rambling story about himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cute!

EverettGriz said:
reinell30 said:

Every one who knows me knows I will be the first to say when I am wrong. However, I stated in another thread that give it a chance with Bobby as head coach. He is a leader and will not allow things to happen like Stitt did with Semore. If in three years the griz aren't a top 10 defense I will scream it from the roof tops or where ever and put it in writing that I was wrong and someone sucks!

EverettGriz said:
reinell30 said:

Here's a quote on Baer from a big UW fan. He and his wife are big donors to UW. Lives in Seattle area. Both were on the big UW athletic board, but I think only the wife is on the board. This UW fan also knew Willingham fairly well.

"he was considered good d coach. should also have good ability to assess talent"

So, I guess there is at least one UW fan who has positive view of Baer. Of course, this fan also played the game, and doesn't list tennis as his game.

Spanky said:
What’s wrong with tennis?

Playa would stroke out in the first 90 seconds. That's his concern.

And if those Udub fans are as old as he is, they likely don't even recall Baer.

reinell30 said:
EverettGriz said:
reinell30 said:

Every one who knows me knows I will be the first to say when I am wrong. However, I stated in another thread that give it a chance with Bobby as head coach. He is a leader and will not allow things to happen like Stitt did with Semore. If in three years the griz aren't a top 10 defense I will scream it from the roof tops or where ever and put it in writing that I was wrong and someone sucks!

Fair enough! :thumb:

I would rank tennis high in terms of a players necessary athletic ability, skill and endurance.
I have some knowledge about tennis, but won’t debate the issue.

Spanky said:
I would rank tennis high in terms of a players necessary athletic ability, skill and endurance.

Certainly worked out for Marc Mariani!

CrunchGriz said:
Spanky said:

Certainly worked out for Marc Mariani!
Yes, for sure!

Spanky said:

Do you think that playing tennis is a good qualification for understanding football and being able to evaluate football coaches? Do you know of any college or NFL football coaches who list tennis on their coaching resumes?

Back