• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kraig Paulson for DC?

RobGriz said:
i_the_sky said:
KP would be good. Zack Arnett would be best if Bobby can get him up here? Linebackers coach at San Diego State = football genius with academics a top priority.. Keep your fingers crossed with this guy he's the real deal! Go Griz! He probably will not commit until after their bowl game with Army??? Go Griz!

Just curious what leads you to think that a guy that’s never been a DC would be a good DC? Being a good position coach doesn’t necessarily translate to being a good coordinator. IMO

For me what leads me to think he could be a good DC is Bobby picked him first and has worked with him for the past 3 years. Nothing else. Just my :twocents:

HelenaHandBasket said:
your wrong said:
I would not mind Kroy Biermann

Based on what exactly?
He may have been a really good player, but that doesn't automatically translate into coaching. I've never heard any references to him being a leader (besides leading stat categories) or mentor during his NFL career, which are usually the first indications that a player can move into coaching.

Also, there has to be a desire to coach. Not all former players have it. Biermann seems to have grown roots down in Georgia, so how do you convince him to come back to Montana?

I would expect him more to turn towards a personal trainer, operating a gym, etc. If he did go the coaching route, I expect he would gravitate more towards Strength and Conditioning. That's where his "community outreach" efforts as a player have gone to.

IVLIANVS said:
Brother Bear said:
.... who wouldn't want to live in Missoula. :thumb: Sometimes when you love the place or people you work for, it outweighs the amount of money you can make.
I wouldn't. At least not inside city limits. Close enough on the east side of town to commute into work at UM, though? Ya. Sign me up for that! ;)

What's wrong with living in Missoula? It's not like it's a big city. It takes 10-15 minutes to get anywhere you want to go.

dayday said:
The original bend but don’t break coach. He’s at least experienced and not green. Again he’s not a terrible choice. He’s an alum and loves UM. I thought we might be able to lure a Thompson, Gregorak or Breske but I think I had too high of hopes. At this point I hope we get the SDSU guy but I suppose I’ll settle for Paulson. Better than an unknown like Semore was.

Hopefully this isn't Bobby's criteria for the job.

RobGriz said:
ordigger said:
your wrong said:
I would not mind Kroy Biermann

your wrong

:thumb:

Move the show and Kim to Missoula...hahahaha that would be gold!!!

bdt-s6_16x9.jpg

cmtgrizzly said:
RobGriz said:
i_the_sky said:
KP would be good. Zack Arnett would be best if Bobby can get him up here? Linebackers coach at San Diego State = football genius with academics a top priority.. Keep your fingers crossed with this guy he's the real deal! Go Griz! He probably will not commit until after their bowl game with Army??? Go Griz!

Just curious what leads you to think that a guy that’s never been a DC would be a good DC? Being a good position coach doesn’t necessarily translate to being a good coordinator. IMO

For me what leads me to think he could be a good DC is Bobby picked him first and has worked with him for the past 3 years. Nothing else. Just my :twocents:
If from SDSU, Tony White could also be a possibility.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78629&p=1279519&hilit=Arnett%2C+Zach#p1279519

alabamagrizzly said:
IVLIANVS said:
Brother Bear said:
.... who wouldn't want to live in Missoula. :thumb: Sometimes when you love the place or people you work for, it outweighs the amount of money you can make.
I wouldn't. At least not inside city limits. Close enough on the east side of town to commute into work at UM, though? Ya. Sign me up for that! ;)

What's wrong with living in Missoula? It's not like it's a big city. It takes 10-15 minutes to get anywhere you want to go.
True story. You know the old saying, “Missoula, only 20 minutes away from Montana”

RobGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
IVLIANVS said:
Brother Bear said:

True story. You know the old saying, “Missoula, only 20 minutes away from Montana”

I didn't even think it was that far. :)

alabamagrizzly said:
RobGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
IVLIANVS said:

I didn't even think it was that far. :)
Depends on traffic...

alabamagrizzly said:
IVLIANVS said:
Brother Bear said:

Highest taxes in the state with the worst roads. Big John Engen can't spend enough on himself or his friends.

Anyone remember why Hauck demoted Paulson at UNLV?

Even further back, anyone remember why Dennehey fired Paulson at Utah State in 2002? Fun fact, Paulson and former Griz Carl Franks were fired because the defense sucked. They were replaced by David Kotulski and Jeff Choate!

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
..is Brandan Fisher out of the running or are they waiting for his season to end?..

What season?

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/11/los-angeles-rams-cleveland-browns-brandon-fisher-gregg-williams-coaching-staff/

grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
..is Brandan Fisher out of the running or are they waiting for his season to end?..

What season?

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/11/los-angeles-rams-cleveland-browns-brandon-fisher-gregg-williams-coaching-staff/

..I guess hes freed up than and looking to coach somewhere?

grizghost said:
grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:

What season?

..I guess hes freed up than and looking to coach somewhere?

I guess would be waiting for an NFL opportunity but I wouldn’t mind him as DC at this point. He’s got more experience than Arnett in my opinion. However taking the DC job is a pay cut to an NFL position salary. I do think it’s possible because Brandon does love Montana. I just don’t know if Hauck has mutual interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back